Bar room 8 ball shot

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/Xbmf05qNiO4

Anyone like this shot for playing bar room rules i.e. BIH behind the line, must shoot past the diamonds.

I know there are shooters out there who would bend around for a kick, but were dealing with lower to mid level players.

Thanks.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
It can be done more easily shooting into the opposite long rail with just sidespin (no masse), going one or two rails instead of two or three as shown.

pj
chgo

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It can be done more easily shooting into the opposite long rail with just sidespin (no masse), going one or two rails instead of two or three as shown.

pj
chgo

I've made the shot you describe quite a few times but never thought to do it the way the video shows. It would be handy if there is a ball blocking the one/two rail route. I'm gonna practice it a little. Never hurts to impress the barfly milfs, you know. ;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Anyone like this shot for playing bar room rules i.e. BIH behind the line, must shoot past the diamonds.

I know there are shooters out there who would bend around for a kick, but were dealing with lower to mid level players.

Thanks.

I’m not a bar rules kind of guy....but that shot must be extremely satisfying.
....I enjoyed watching it.....thanx

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've made the shot you describe quite a few times but never thought to do it the way the video shows. It would be handy if there is a ball blocking the one/two rail route. I'm gonna practice it a little. Never hurts to impress the barfly milfs, you know. ;)

LOL Totally agree!

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you incorporate the masse aspect, it's perfectly makeable as a one rail kick. On really new, slick cloth, it can get a lot more difficult (like everything else) because it slides so much.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks.

That’s a good shot. Very good.

I’ve shot it in bars in the 80’s. Usually it would show too much speed/knowledge so I’d pass on it. And look for a 2-3 rail kick solution.

But in certain circumstances I used it. If it wouldn’t knock action or if I was playing social pool. It’s a fun shot for people who haven’t seen it as well.

Nice thread,

Best
Fatboy :)

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

At my local, we got this guy that really likes this shot. Trouble is he's quick to set it up
and generally doesn't get the CB across the Head String. We (the rest of us), have
called him on it a few times and get nuttin' but bad attitude so we made a 'new' rule,
Yer not doin' that shot here. Removes the question, removes the gray area of was it or
not across the line. Everyone (but one), is much more content less friction happier
drunks.

hank

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old shot. Seen it years ago... by The Beard (I think)....but not quite the the way you did it. Still pretty sporty though.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

At my local, we got this guy that really likes this shot. Trouble is he's quick to set it up
and generally doesn't get the CB across the Head String. We (the rest of us), have
called him on it a few times and get nuttin' but bad attitude so we made a 'new' rule,
Yer not doin' that shot here. Removes the question, removes the gray area of was it or
not across the line. Everyone (but one), is much more content less friction happier
drunks.

hank
Salt shaker rule: when someone is going to try that shot, they have to announce it, freeze the cue ball on the rail where they intend to hit, and then someone else will place a salt shaker close to the cue ball but not touching. The shooter then takes the cue ball to shoot his shot and must not hit the salt shaker.

Masse shouldn't be needed for the OP shot. It is easier if the cue ball is placed farther from the first rail. If you spin the ball well, that shot can be done with one cushion rather than two.

The shot is a standard way to take a foul at 14.1 when your opponent is on the first foul (scratch) and you want to leave the cue ball close to the head cushion.