Justin Bergman going to Mosconi Cup for Team USA

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people will never be happy and this thread is a perfect example. Johan and JJ obviously know what they are doing by the respect our team has given them. The younger players on the team are playing better and are more mentally fit after working with Johan and JJ. Last year we actually looked like a functioning team there to win. Congrats to Bergman for making the team again, its long overdue. Whomever made the choice simply decided to put on the man they saw as best fit for the job. Life is not always fair, rules/protocol get broken from time to time. Matchroom is doing great things for pool in this country. As far as rotation goes in this country the Mosconi Cup and Matchrooms US Open
are the most anticipated events we have. It didnt get that way because they dont know what they are doing. Don't like it boycott it, Im sure they'll miss you.:rolleyes:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Some people will never be happy and this thread is a perfect example. Johan and JJ obviously know what they are doing by the respect our team has given them. The younger players on the team are playing better and are more mentally fit after working with Johan and JJ. Last year we actually looked like a functioning team there to win. Congrats to Bergman for making the team again, its long overdue. Whomever made the choice simply decided to put on the man they saw as best fit for the job. Life is not always fair, rules/protocol get broken from time to time. Matchroom is doing great things for pool in this country. As far as rotation goes in this country the Mosconi Cup and Matchrooms US Open

are the most anticipated events we have. It didnt get that way because they dont know what they are doing. Don't like it boycott it, Im sure they'll miss you.:rolleyes:
Same speech as before.....

But, omitted that it would still be
Archer
Hatch
Morris
Charlie Williams

If people like me did not complain....

The opportunity only existed because of a few people making a big stink...

The criticism of me is something I can live with. Because, the young guns have it better.....

But the critics, can go fly a kite as far as I am concerned...

Justice is justice and viva la trump....where is my blind fold ? Oh yeah, justice ain't blind...

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Slowpoke" Bergman......nevertheless a great player

Bergman is a tremendous asset to the USA team, IF they have a time clock at that thing.
Otherwise, Bergman will drive you batty with his... look over here, look over there, get down, get back up, look again, get up and chalk the cue again, get back down, get back up then check one more spot, walk around the table, then walk around it again, then chalk again, and finally get down and pull the trigger.
Takes a lot of patience to watch that guy play.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

I've read and most of the posts in this thread and haven't found anyone who questioned the skills of Johan and Jeremy as teachers and coaches of those players selected for Team USA. On the contrary, they are viewed as exceptional and very effective in this regard.

As you add "life is not always fair, rules/protocol get broken from time to time," it shows that you appreciate ad understand the situation. I also haven't read of anyone suggesting that Bergman doesn't give Team USA a better shot than Eberle or Deuel, We all get that, too.

As one of the "never will be happy" crowd as you label us, I just feel that the selection process needs greater definition and refinement for 2020, to be fair to future Mosconi hopefuls. As for 2019, Bergman is on the team and it's time for American fans to root for him and Team USA.

That said, though, but to be unconcerned about possible ramifications of inadherence to the selection rules as announced by Johan and Jeremy is, in my opinion, shortsighted.

Yours, Stu (proud member of the "never will be happy" gang)

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I've read and most of the posts in this thread and haven't found anyone who questioned the skills of Johan and Jeremy as teachers and coaches of those players selected for Team USA. On the contrary, they are viewed as exceptional and very effective in this regard.

As you add "life is not always fair, rules/protocol get broken from time to time," it shows that you appreciate ad understand the situation. I also haven't read of anyone suggesting that Bergman doesn't give Team USA a better shot than Eberle or Deuel, We all get that, too.

As one of the "never will be happy" crowd as you label us, I just feel that the selection process needs greater definition and refinement for 2020, to be fair to future Mosconi hopefuls. As for 2019, Bergman is on the team and it's time for American fans to root for him and Team USA.

That said, though, but to be unconcerned about possible ramifications of inadherence to the selection rules as announced by Johan and Jeremy is, in my opinion, shortsighted.

Agree with everything you said!

Except that Eberle beat Bergman twice to prove who is better.

To omit the defeat and claim superiority is what makes me cringe.....

Why have them play each other then negate the results and call them invalid....

They never even announced the possibility of revival of the dead...

Kd

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Agree with everything you said!

Except that Eberle beat Bergman twice to prove who is better.

To omit the defeat and claim superiority is what makes me cringe.....

Why have them play each other then negate the results and call them invalid....

They never even announced the possibility of revival of the dead...

Kd

I understand your argument and it’s valid. Unfortunately they will be playing team Europe and not each other. Plus this call is about who is hot NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I understand your argument and it’s valid. Unfortunately they will be playing team Europe and not each other. Plus this call is about who is hot NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But, why not the top players get the slots and thorpe and sky don't if it is all about the" now"???

Of the contenders they did the worst not Corey and not Max

Kd

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This time I'll better just say I'm so anxious and looking forward to this MC with the best (imho) production quality Matchroom always offers to the viewers. If there is one single pool event which has the best chances to gain the kids attention then it's definitely MC and what is the future of the sport without kids coming?
There were upsets in both teams when it comes to the last spot but all I hope to see one more competitive cup with some drama till the end and let the better team win;)

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
This time I'll better just say I'm so anxious and looking forward to this MC with the best (imho) production quality Matchroom always offers to the viewers. If there is one single pool event which has the best chances to gain the kids attention then it's definitely MC and what is the future of the sport without kids coming?
There were upsets in both teams when it comes to the last spot but all I hope to see one more competitive cup with some drama till the end and let the better team win;)

You hit that nail on the head. I used to run Jr. Programs.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Bergman is a tremendous asset to the USA team, IF they have a time clock at that thing.
Otherwise, Bergman will drive you batty with his... look over here, look over there, get down, get back up, look again, get up and chalk the cue again, get back down, get back up then check one more spot, walk around the table, then walk around it again, then chalk again, and finally get down and pull the trigger.
Takes a lot of patience to watch that guy play.

That can also backfire on someone who is forced to play out of their comfort zone.

I don't like slow play either, but with a shot clock, he's forced to choose his attack, sometimes, before he's ready. I honestly think this was his problem on his last visit.

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for the response, your opinions and insight are valued. Upon reflection I do agree it might be short sighted but am still excited to see Bergman make it. Maybe in the future they will simply just be free to choose whomever they think will benifit the team regardless of tournaments and team training attended. Thanks for you time. No matter who or how I'm behind our boys 100%.