Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Dennis Orcollo wins Gold
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-09-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I don't think so. He went home especially to represent his country at the SEA Games. He did what he wanted to do - win Gold. Now he can enjoy the holidays with his family.
Iím pleased to see Dennis came through for the gold....I was a bit worried about him.
He played terrible, for him, in Norfolk...and played the same with SVB in the long match.
...I donít recall ever seeing Dennis when he looked like he couldnít win before.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#17)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
I’m pleased to see Dennis came through for the gold....I was a bit worried about him.
He played terrible, for him, in Norfolk...and played the same with SVB in the long match.
...I don’t recall ever seeing Dennis when he looked like he couldn’t win before.
He was worn out from all the travel and non stop playing. He needed to go home and take a break.

I see Kyaw from Myanmar and Kien from Vietnam are in the 9-Ball singles final. Kyaw just beat Yapp 9-6 and now Kien has a second chance to win a gold medal.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 12-09-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Old
  (#18)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

12-09-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
He was worn out from all the travel and non stop playing. He needed to go home and take a break.

I see Kyaw from Myanmar and Kien from Vietnam are in the 9-Ball singles final. Kyaw just beat Yapp 9-6 and now Kien has a second chance to win a gold medal.
Yes, Dennis was worn out. Not making excuses for his losses but, if he had been a bit more rested, I believe his losses would have been much, much closer.

Even world champions have breaking points. We mere mortals can't comprehend things like that. Some of us think we can, but we can't.

DO, Alex, SVB and a couple more currently playing are IMO, the world's best of the best in physically challenging and mentally boggling formats that most all other pros cannot even begin to handle, much less thrive in.

CONGRATULATIONS Dennis!!!

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#19)
Steve Dickey
AzB Silver Member
Steve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Dickey has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2019, 12:06 AM

Great job Dennis, congratulations.

Old
  (#20)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Great video, thanks! Notice how they closed (zoomed in) on the balls between shots. And there was no overhead camera and it wasn't necessary. You could see each ball clearly with these balls. Some other television crews could learn from the guys who did this show.

Yapp is a terrific player and he gave nothing away to Dennis, who had to come with some great shots to win. How about the fantastic jump shot on the one at 6-5 and the big swerving masse on the one at 7-6. Dennis them made two good run outs at 7-6 and at 8-7 under pressure to take the match.

Warren Kiamco is playing in the 9-Ball and Chua and Ignazio played in the 9-Ball doubles. Efren won the bronze medal in Caroms.
Yes, that was a clash of two tough opponents which produced such a thrilling match . Both players deserve some credits for what they had shown.
Of course I remember those terrific shots from Dennis) and he could answer with that tougher jump and run-out after Yapp did the same in a previous rack. It was great to watch how both of them could come with a SHOT when needed and both played very smart no matter offence or deffence. I was glad Dennis closed the match after Yapp misjudged the kick on the 1-ball leaving the open table.
Once again great performance and I've also enjoyed it without comments just the sound of the shots and colliding balls. No distractions for some thoughtful watching

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Old
  (#21)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

12-10-2019, 03:48 PM

On the ladies side, Cheska Centeno beat Rubilen Amit for the gold.
https://www.rappler.com/sports/speci...ecember-6-2019
Cheska's powerful break and almost perfect pocketing performance were too much for Amit. 7-3 was the final.

Cheska is going to be a force in the ladies pool for the next decade.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: