Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Yes, I am the Spelling Police and a Grammar Nazi.
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 23
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Yes, I am the Spelling Police and a Grammar Nazi.
Old
  (#1)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute
 
Blue Hog ridr's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19,244
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: From the land of Sasquatch.
   
Yes, I am the Spelling Police and a Grammar Nazi. - 03-28-2017, 09:21 PM

For some strange reason, there is always a constant News Feed on my Face Book page. It is called, "A Million Deplorable's Marching Against Trudeau".

I refuse to Join the page for the simple reason, I would be Banned within 30 minutes.

Altho, I believe that many articles, videos and stories linked to are on the truthful side and interesting. Events, News and Happenings, in regards to Islam, Muslims, Islamophobia, the taking over of Canada by Islam. All things to be concerned about for sure.

I have to be careful, but not overly concerned that CSIS or the RCMP may be monitoring this particular page in regards to Subversive Members and or possible future activity. If anything, and they do check in on occasion, it would be for nothing more than their morning chuckle while having coffee.

Many of these members, and older, by looking at their Profiles, all sound like they have not gotten past Grade Six English Classes. To read these members posts. "Civil War is starting, time to start a civil war, Kill Muslims, Islam Sucks, Kill the Prime Sinister, and so on.

I envision a bunch of 15 year olds hiding in their Mothers basement, salivating over their posts, spittle dribbling from their chins onto their keyboards.

March on Ottawa, Treason, Traitor, Kill, Civil War. Hahaha, most of these Punksters would shite their pants if they ever came up against someone with a club or a knife, and run home to Mommy. I know this because of my age, I half shite myself when my storm door got opened at 3 am.


Well, as of 15 minutes ago, I am now contemplating hitting the "Join", button.

The last straw for myself was from a post, where the person, a women, was calling for the removal of Trudeau, from office.

Because, "He is a Moran, and to Stupid to run a Country".

Well yes sweety, I tend to agree with your sentiments, but, You are also a Huge "Moron, and much "Too Stupid to be any where close to Keyboard that is connected to a computer, and then, the WWW.

In the future, I am planning on writing Bill Gates. I will ask him to consider implementing a Application on every new operating system.

If a person makes so many spelling, grammar, and mistakes in syntax. If they make so many Dumb Ass posts on Social Media in one sitting, that their computer will automatically shut down and give them the Audio.

"You are a serious Dumb Ass, You should consider returning to a Higher Place of Learning, and upgrade your Education". "If you do not step away from your Key Board, your Computer will self destruct in 10 seconds".

BTW, no matter where you go, Fire Fox, Social Media, type the New Found Word, "Islamophobia", and it gets Red Underlined as a Spelling Mistake.

It must be a new Canadian Liberal Word, as Spell Check hasn't heard of it yet.

OK, Rant Off, and on my way to Join the One Million Deplorable's, just to see how long it will take me to pull enuff Monkey Tails and get myself Banned.


To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.



Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 03-28-2017 at 09:33 PM.
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sofla's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 43,412
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sunshine State
   
03-28-2017, 09:24 PM

Oh, my!

The use of an apostrophe plus s-- 's-- to indicate a plural is a common sight here, btw.

I've made my pedantic complaints on occasion, but it remains popular with some anyway.


The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute
 
Blue Hog ridr's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19,244
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: From the land of Sasquatch.
   
03-28-2017, 09:34 PM

Well, it depends on whether you are a Deplorables, or Deplorable's.

I don't get picky over that. I make many mistakes also. It is like, if you are calling someone a
Moron, and Too Stupid, you should try to be aware of the difference between a Moron, and a Moran,
and the different usages of, Two, To, and Too.

Sale and Sail. They're, There, and Their.

And the odd Apostrophe in some words make a huge difference.

Like, here is a comma Buddy. Learn where they go and how to use them properly when trying to get your point across. If I want to be picky, I could have used one after Properly.


To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.



Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 03-28-2017 at 09:43 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sofla's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 43,412
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sunshine State
   
03-28-2017, 09:43 PM

Moran, eh?

Erin Moran, from Happy Days, perhaps? (Pictured here with Chachi)



The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 20,266
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: I'm lost.
   
03-29-2017, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post

.....Like, here is a comma Buddy. Learn where they go and how to use them properly when trying to get your point across. If I want to be picky, I could have used one after Properly.
No. A comma after "properly" would never be grammatically correct in the second sentence and 'properly' shouldn't have been capitalised in the third sentence.

As it happens, nobody would actually even need to be picky to be able to immediately see quite a lot of grammatical errors, especially more of your own incorrect comma use, within your posts in this thread. For example even the following very short paragraph has several errors ......

Quote:
Altho, I believe that many articles, videos and stories linked to are on the truthful side and interesting. Events, News and Happenings, in regards to Islam, Muslims, Islamophobia, the taking over of Canada by Islam. All things to be concerned about for sure.
1. The first comma in the first sentence shouldn't be there at all. Arguably the word "Altho" shouldn't be there at all. Starting the sentence with the redundant word "Altho" results in the sentence not making sense. The sentence would make sense by just starting from "I believe".

2. The second comma in the second 'sentence' shouldn't be there.

3. Arguably the second 'sentence' isn't actually a sentence at all as it doesn't make sense when read alone.

4. Neither 'News' nor 'Happenings' should have been capitalised.

Therefore it's maybe not the best of ideas to wade in to the facebook group in question about their grammar and use of commas etc if you are going to do it using a quality of grammar and comma placement skills etc similar to those used in your post on here, otherwise you run the risk of someone on there very easily turning the tables on you and you then looking a bit foolish as a result. Have seen it happen on here when a poster jumps in to correct someone else's spelling or grammar and makes even worse spelling and grammar errors while doing it. Folks might not be so good humoured about it on there (and to others, yes, my spelling of 'capitalised' and 'humoured' is deliberate cos we are a bit weird about spelling of some words over here)

Just friendly advice Hog. Think (and write) very carefully if and when you are firing off both barrels at them on the subject of grammar or it might boomerang right back at you


Mike

Last edited by memikey; 03-29-2017 at 04:59 AM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute
 
Blue Hog ridr's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 19,244
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: From the land of Sasquatch.
   
03-29-2017, 04:22 AM

Yes, I know that it shouldn't have been capitalized. I often do that to emphasize a certain word. When I am trying to convey a feeling.

And the use of commas, is where I decide I should stop, and begin a new statement, within the same sentence.

Pretty sure that you absolutely missed the point of my Thread based on yourself just feeling the need to be right and argue over simple semantics.

I already admitted that I make mistakes in typing my posts and not an English Professor.

Do I need to reiterate my original intent, just so you can pull your wire again?

It was simple man, Moran vs Moron. if you're going to call someone on that, at least be able to spell it correctly. And the use of the proper too. That is all I meant.

So, what was you point again Mikey.


To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.



Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2005
   
Smile 03-29-2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memikey View Post
No. A comma after "properly" would never be grammatically correct in the second sentence and 'properly' shouldn't have been capitalized in the third sentence.

You don't even need to be picky to see several other grammatical errors, especially your own incorrect comma use within just one very short paragraph of your post ......



1. The first comma in the first sentence shouldn't be there at all. Arguably the word "Altho" shouldn't be there at all. Starting the sentence with the redundant word "Altho" actually then results in the sentence not making sense. The sentence would be fine and would make sense by just starting from "I believe".

2. The second comma in the second 'sentence' shouldn't be there.

3. Arguably the second 'sentence' isn't actually a sentence at all as it doesn't make grammatical sense when read alone.

Therefore it's maybe not the best of ideas to wade in to the facebook group in question about their grammar and use of commas etc if you are going to do it using a quality of grammar and comma placement skills similar to that in evidence within the above example para, otherwise you run the risk of someone on there very easily turning the tables on you and then you looking a bit foolish as a result.

Just friendly advice Hog. Think (and write) very carefully if and when you are firing off both barrels at them on the subject of grammar or it might boomerang right back at you
Should there be a comma after the highlighted above?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sev's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 102,069
vCash: 500
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State of Franklin
   
03-29-2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memikey View Post
No. A comma after "properly" would never be grammatically correct in the second sentence and 'properly' shouldn't have been capitalized in the third sentence.

You don't even need to be picky to see several other grammatical errors, especially your own incorrect comma use within just one very short paragraph of your post ......



1. The first comma in the first sentence shouldn't be there at all. Arguably the word "Altho" shouldn't be there at all. Starting the sentence with the redundant word "Altho" actually then results in the sentence not making sense. The sentence would be fine and would make sense by just starting from "I believe".

2. The second comma in the second 'sentence' shouldn't be there.

3. Arguably the second 'sentence' isn't actually a sentence at all as it doesn't make grammatical sense when read alone.

Therefore it's maybe not the best of ideas to wade in to the facebook group in question about their grammar and use of commas etc if you are going to do it using a quality of grammar and comma placement skills similar to that in evidence within the above example para, otherwise you run the risk of someone on there very easily turning the tables on you and then you looking a bit foolish as a result.

Just friendly advice Hog. Think (and write) very carefully if and when you are firing off both barrels at them on the subject of grammar or it might boomerang right back at you
You're such an ass.


Keep your head down and admire the shot.


COVFEFE!!



“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin


Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute
 
Chopdoc's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 23,680
vCash: 500
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, Fl
   
03-29-2017, 05:05 AM

To Two Too

There Their They're

Its It's

Yeah, lots of that.

I try to catch my own little errors, but once in a while a typo gets by, and sometimes I just don't care.

When others trip I am convinced they look stupider than me though.





In defense of Blue Hog ridr, it can be tough when you can't even get past the headline or the title. It's one thing to make simple errors or just be a bit casual and quite another to just simply wipe your ass with the language.







.

.


Bury me with my JOSS....


"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2005
   
03-29-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
To Two Too

There Their They're

Its It's

Yeah, lots of that.

I try to catch my own little errors, but once in a while a typo gets by, and sometimes I just don't care.

When others trip I am convinced they look stupider than me though.





In defense of Blue Hog ridr, it can be tough when you can't even get past the headline or the title. It's one thing to make simple errors or just be a bit casual and quite another to just simply wipe your ass with the language.







.

.


I find it instructive when others misuse words. It helps me understand how they think. If they are sloppy in their grammar and spelling, they are most likely sloppy in their logic. It's not a litmus test, however, as there are some on this board with perfect grammar and a vast vocabulary, but their thinking seems to have a short circuit in certain areas.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute
 
Slide Rule's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 80,411
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of Amerika
   
03-29-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post
For some strange reason, there is always a constant News Feed on my Face Book
page. It is called, "A Million Deplorable's Marching Against Trudeau".

I refuse to Join the page for the simple reason, I would be Banned within 30 minutes.


<>

One of my personal goals is to be banned from Face Book. But alas, I would need to
join first. Something inconceivable.

Perhaps do to my threads here, I am banned.




I am 3% Neanderthal and 97% Conservative.

Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman,The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
Norman Davies, Europe: A History



“We’re America, B!tches,”

.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute
 
Chopdoc's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 23,680
vCash: 500
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, Fl
   
03-29-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I find it instructive when others misuse words. It helps me understand how they think. If they are sloppy in their grammar and spelling, they are most likely sloppy in their logic. It's not a litmus test, however, as there are some on this board with perfect grammar and a vast vocabulary, but their thinking seems to have a short circuit in certain areas.

I actually use this in teaching when I engage classic Aristotelian tutoring. How somebody says something can be quite revealing about what they understand or don't understand as well as show something about how they think. It is extremely important in what I do.

As you say, there are some with perfect grammar and a vast vocabulary, but their thinking seems to have a short circuit in certain areas.

Actually, the grammar and vocabulary can be perfect while how the person chooses to say something reveals a great deal about what they understand, what they don't understand, and how they think.

More people drop their pants than realize it, I'll promise you that.

Grammar, vocabulary, and information are smokescreens and camouflage for the pseudo-intellectual. The information age has allowed this species to grow at an exponential rate. Google is now the air the pseudo-intellectual breathes. Some of them even have degrees, diplomas, and accolades from prestigious institutions.



I have heard they are organized. This is rumored to be their Sergeant at Arms:






.
.


Bury me with my JOSS....


"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute
 
Slide Rule's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 80,411
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of Amerika
   
Talking 03-29-2017, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I find it instructive when others misuse words. It helps me understand how they think.

If they are sloppy in their grammar and spelling, they are most likely sloppy in their logic.

It's not a litmus test, however, as there are some on this board with perfect grammar
and a vast vocabulary, but their thinking seems to have a short circuit in certain
areas.

It is interesting that someone discussing English grammar thinks that proper
grammar may indicate proper logic. It would be interesting to hear your view on 80 or
100 word sentences.

A primary reason to major in English is to study law. An area inconsistent as to
the application of proper logic. I suppose this is not a litmus test either.

You will have to forgive my writing style. I attribute any error to my Neanderthal
genetics.




I am 3% Neanderthal and 97% Conservative.

Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
Richard Feynman,The Feynman Lectures on Physics
Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies, & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
Norman Davies, Europe: A History



“We’re America, B!tches,”

.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Sev's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 102,069
vCash: 500
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State of Franklin
   
03-29-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
I actually use this in teaching when I engage classic Aristotelian tutoring. How somebody says something can be quite revealing about what they understand or don't understand as well as show something about how they think. It is extremely important in what I do.

As you say, there are some with perfect grammar and a vast vocabulary, but their thinking seems to have a short circuit in certain areas.

Actually, the grammar and vocabulary can be perfect while how the person chooses to say something reveals a great deal about what they understand, what they don't understand, and how they think.

More people drop their pants than realize it, I'll promise you that.

Grammar, vocabulary, and information are smokescreens and camouflage for the pseudo-intellectual. The information age has allowed this species to grow at an exponential rate. Google is now the air the pseudo-intellectual breathes. Some of them even have degrees, diplomas, and accolades from prestigious institutions.



I have heard they are organized. This is rumored to be their Sergeant at Arms:






.
.
A few of them are roaming around here.


Keep your head down and admire the shot.


COVFEFE!!



“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin


Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2005
   
03-29-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide Rule View Post

It is interesting that someone discussing English grammar thinks that proper
grammar may indicate proper logic. It would be interesting to hear your view on 80 or
100 word sentences.

A primary reason to major in English is to study law. An area inconsistent as to
the application of proper logic. I suppose this is not a litmus test either.

You will have to forgive my writing style. I attribute any error to my Neanderthal
genetics.


80-100 word sentences? They haven't learned the art of brevity. I don't have the attention span for those type of writers.
I don't see anything wrong with your writing style. My point was that when I see people misusing something like "to" and "too" AND they don't know the difference, it probably indicates that they don't pay attention to details. I still understand what they are saying, but I keep that information in the back of my mind. The same could be said to someone with a forehead tattoo giving me advice on something. He may really know what he's talking about, but in the back of my mind I'm wondering about his judgment.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.