Prather 2005 ebony 8-pointer 60" with extension.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
60" Prather ebony 8 points, 2 shafts with the extension.

THE CUE IS SOLD

LOOK THE POST AT PAGE 2.

Selling my player Prather cue which I designed myself back then. Dan Prather is a good friend of my teacher Jorgen Sandman that's how we met but this cue is the work of his son Jeff. It was a pleasure to play with this cue and I won guite a few national tournaments but the time passes and I don't compete now because of the problems with my neck and spine. For many years my major occupation and interest is teaching & coaching and promote pool in my country. In addition now I have another interest I started to build the cues on my own and need the money to put in. For myself I've finished my new 62" long cue (I'm just fairly tall and it's more comfortable to play with). Here is a thread http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463154 . So let's make the long story short...

This 8-pointer 60" long Prather cue has solid ebony forearm, maple handle and shorter ebony butt sleeve, four ebony points with natural, black and natural veneers, four hollywood points, decorative rings up and down the handle and at the butt cap, silver rings at the joint, skulls at the ebony points and the butt sleeve. The black Irish linen wrap ends closer to the butt and was changed just a few months ago so it is like new. The joint is thin SS over phenolic. The extender was made for the cue with quick uniloc joint. The butt is straight and has a few small dents but nothing serious. It's 30" long, weighs 15,7oz, 3\8 11 pin, the wrap is extended making the buttsleeve shorter so the grip on every shot is on the wrap.
The cue comes with two original shafts.
-shaft #1: 30", 11,8 mm, 3,3 oz, Triangle tip
-shaft #2: 30", 12,7 mm, 3,6 oz, with new Kamui original tip (M)
-Ехtension 6,9" 3,38oz.
The buyer will also get a small wooden stroke-trainer which is useful to practice with for muscle memory (pictures on page 2).
The cue will be packed in a soft cuecase.
It is now in the USA. One of my students went to California to live and work there and I asked him to bring the cue along. So the shipping will not be the problem.
I hope somebody will enjoy the cue as I did all these years. Thanks for watching and feel free to ask any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_9851 (??????????) (??????????) (??????????) (??????????).jpg
    IMG_9851 (??????????) (??????????) (??????????) (??????????).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 6,554
  • IMG_9897 (??????????) (??????????).JPG
    IMG_9897 (??????????) (??????????).JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 6,547
  • IMG_9878 (??????????).JPG
    IMG_9878 (??????????).JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 6,523
  • IMG_9933 (??????????) (??????????).JPG
    IMG_9933 (??????????) (??????????).JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 6,518
  • IMG-e7434b88fe39f11e4938aa258297c4c4-V.jpg
    IMG-e7434b88fe39f11e4938aa258297c4c4-V.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 2,408
Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Price dropped

Attachments

• IMG_9920 (??????????) (??????????) (??????????).JPG
    IMG_9920 (??????????) (??????????) (??????????).JPG
    189 KB · Views: 6,339
  • IMG_9931 (??????????) (??????????).JPG
    IMG_9931 (??????????) (??????????).JPG
    161 KB · Views: 6,320
  • IMG_9876 (??????????).JPG
    IMG_9876 (??????????).JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 6,273
Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I ordered this cue from Prathers I've got it with two shafts. I played with one shaft for years and started to use the second after the first one had some dings needed to be solved.... The common story I guess if you have only one player cue and play pretty a lot with it. So I put this cue on sale with the newer shaft but I still have the second which I'm going to clean and make it look like new. It is thinner it will be around 11,75mm at the ferrule and less weight ...around 3,3 oz.
When all the job will be done I show the pictures of this second shaft. So the cue will go with two shafts for the same sum of money. The only thing it will be in my friend's hands in Florida somewhere in summer after he comes to Kiev and I'll meet him. Then he takes the shaft along coming back to Florida.
So here you'll get a good player with two shafts and an extension.

Last edited:

metalcobra23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
Your welcome. I wish I could pick this cue up. It is absolutely stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd like to help you in pulling the trigger and want to make an interesting offer. You can get this cue with two original Prather shafts and the third shaft which will be an LD shaft I'm about to finish fairly soon.
So original shaft #2... It was the shaft I've played most of the years. I've cleaned it and treated with Q-wax so it feels fairly smooth. It is thinner than the shaft #1 - 11,75 mm at the tip and has a Triangle tip on it. The weight is 3,3 oz.
Now what can I say about the LD shaft I'm building for this cue. It will be solid maple shaft with some tricks for better playability. The construction will be fairly similar to the shaft I've built for my player and do like very much but it will have a small and light ferrule out of Tomahawk material and the purple heart 8" insert at the joint. It will be the same old and really hard maple matured naturally for years I was lucky to get from my friend musician who owns the company building quitars. You can see the honey color of that maple if you look at the photos with PH insert. It is laying on the piece of that maple. The shaft is waiting for instaĺling the insert and tapping threads in it so as the ferrule and the tip and final turning down. When it will be finished I'll show the pictures. So as I play with very similar shaft, same wood, similar construction I can tell for sure it will be really stiff and I expect its weight somewhere between 4,3-4,5 oz depending on the taper. Mine is 4,73 oz but it is 31" and has a brass female. Once more here is a thread about my daily player with all the details https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=463154&page=2. The deflection of my shaft is fairly comparable with 314/2.
In addition to this set up I will add a gift I have made to train the stroke. It is pretty simple to use but really useful.
So here you can get all you need to have some fun playing pool:
nice player especially for a tall person with three shafts, two original used and third new LD shaft I'm building, the extension and stroke-trainer.
The shafts and the gift will be in USA with my friend at the end of August. He'll come to Ukraine in August and bring them along to California when comes back.
NOW TO THE PRICE FOR THIS SET UP. ASKING 1200 $ + shipping.
P.S. I had several offers for trading but sorry I'm not really interested in trades because as I've already mentioned I'm looking to put some money in some stuff for cue building so you'll see some new projects from me. If somebody interested over there in California and would like to have a look at the cue in person and shoot some balls with it just let me know and I will organize it by giving a contact with my friend in Viber. Of course the shipping is not a problem either.

Attachments

• IMG_20180704_105400 (Копировать).jpg
    IMG_20180704_105400 (Копировать).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_20180704_104950 (Копировать).jpg
    IMG_20180704_104950 (Копировать).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_0154 (Копировать).JPG
    IMG_0154 (Копировать).JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_0153 (Копировать).JPG
    IMG_0153 (Копировать).JPG