Two young "hurricanes" at the EC

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the European Championships in Netherlands semis in 10-ball started just an hour ago simultaneously in all divisions like usual. And with difference may be a minute or two there were two young players who closed first their matches with impressive score. In U-19 division V.Zielinski defeated S.Pehlivanovic 7:0 and in men division J.Filler booked his place in the final after the same impressive win 8:0 over R.Chinakhov. Just very impressive. I quess there will be many interesting battles between these two great shotmakers in the future.

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and both of them won in the finals. J.Filler defeated Albin Ouschan 8-5. He didn't play in straight pool discipline so he has gold in 10-ball and there are 8-ball and 9-ball to go. V.Zielinski has after two disciplines two golds and this youngster is capable to grab them all if he'll be full of fuel till the very end.
https://europeanpoolchampionships.eu/charts/

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Great players both of them. There is also an older hurricane, Sandor Tot won his 10 ball final in the seniors division 7-0 in 21 minutes. When he was asked about the match, he said: "Sorry, I will play faster in 9-ball".

Not all old guys play slow..

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great players both of them. There is also an older hurricane, Sandor Tot won his 10 ball final in the seniors division 7-0 in 21 minutes. When he was asked about the match, he said: "Sorry, I will play faster in 9-ball".

Not all old guys play slow..
It's true and Sandor is surely capable to do so...great player too. Would be also interesting to see Tony Drago in 9-ball)

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zielinski is a MONSTER. Watched him a few times on-line and was impressed every match. Europe is crankin' out the talent right now. We might win a MC in 2030. Maybe.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and both of them won in the finals. J.Filler defeated Albin Ouschan 8-5. He didn't play in straight pool discipline so he has gold in 10-ball and there are 8-ball and 9-ball to go. V.Zielinski has after two disciplines two golds and this youngster is capable to grab them all if he'll be full of fuel till the very end.

I'm not so sure about that, now its Sanjin Pehlivanovics turn ;)

After all he still does have one more Euro and one more World championship gold than Zielinski :thumbup:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not so sure about that, now its Sanjin Pehlivanovics turn ;)

After all he still does have one more Euro and one more World championship gold than Zielinski :thumbup:

Sorry if my observation what just happened on those stages of 10-ball and the results after two disciplines hurted you. I had no intention.
I wish good luck to your countryman).

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if my observation what just happened on those stages of 10-ball and the results after two disciplines hurted you. I had no intention.
I wish good luck to your countryman).

I don't get hurt so easily ;)

I just shared my honest oppinion, as did you, probably.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
...and both of them won in the finals. J.Filler defeated Albin Ouschan 8-5.( He didn't play in straight pool discipline )so he has gold in 10-ball and there are 8-ball and 9-ball to go. V.Zielinski has after two disciplines two golds and this youngster is capable to grab them all if he'll be full of fuel till the very end.

I think young Filler shouldn’t shun straight pool ...maybe he thinks it’s boring like many
young players do....but I don’t think it would be for him.
Josh would’ve loved to see Lou Butera play...someone get him to watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k79m0-4q_Rs

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think young Filler shouldn’t shun straight pool ...maybe he thinks it’s boring like many
young players do....but I don’t think it would be for him.
Josh would’ve loved to see Lou Butera play...someone get him to watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k79m0-4q_Rs

14th ball, he walks around the table and leans down to shoot the 4-ball with his hand on the bed of the table. The camera immediately cuts to a closer view and his hand magically is now on the rail. Hmm... :thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
14th ball, he walks around the table and leans down to shoot the 4-ball with his hand on the bed of the table. The camera immediately cuts to a closer view and his hand magically is now on the rail. Hmm... :thumbup:

Yep, a little editing in that demonstration....
...but in reality he was a magician....in his room in PA, he was known to have run a rack in a
minute, and he actually ran a hundred in ten minutes, racking included.

I used to stop by his room when I was a kid just to see him play.....
....never caught him in.
I finally met him when he was about sixty, I told him I regretted not having seen him then.
....we had a long talk, he was a good guy.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, a little editing in that demonstration....
...but in reality he was a magician....in his room in PA, he was known to have run a rack in a
minute, and he actually ran a hundred in ten minutes, racking included.

I used to stop by his room when I was a kid just to see him play.....
....never caught him in.
I finally met him when he was about sixty, I told him I regretted not having seen him then.
....we had a long talk, he was a good guy.

Yeah, I take nothing away from him. I met him at the IPT event in Orlando, Florida and got his autograph. He's a legend no doubt.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, that next to last ball went from being the 7-ball to the 4-ball, and it was a completely different angled shot. I guess there are no youtube videos out there of his very fast paced long runs in 14.1, in competition? Too bad, but we do still have Tony Drago.