Old
  (#46)
o.g. (old guy)
mark
o.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-02-2019, 10:01 AM

I've always been curious if anyone has tried a carpet steam cleaner with an upholstery attatchments to clean their cloth. They don't have a lot of water pressure and you can use whatever temp water you want. The vac should extract most of the water maybe leaving it damp. Seems like it would work...

Old
  (#47)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.g. (old guy) View Post
I've always been curious if anyone has tried a carpet steam cleaner with an upholstery attatchments to clean their cloth. They don't have a lot of water pressure and you can use whatever temp water you want. The vac should extract most of the water maybe leaving it damp. Seems like it would work...
Damp cloth tends to dry hard....doesnít play well.
...and moisture around the cushions is not a good thing.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#48)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2019, 10:11 AM

This is what I use. Cut the hole with a hole saw. The little vacuum in one hand and the brush in the other. Really removes the dust instead of just smearing it around.

Then I wipe it down with a hot damp cloth with some woolite in the water.

Name:  002 [800x600].jpg
Views: 141
Size:  47.9 KB

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#49)
o.g. (old guy)
mark
o.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond reputeo.g. (old guy) has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Damp cloth tends to dry hard....doesnít play well.
...and moisture around the cushions is not a good thing.
Curious if you have tried this? I wouldn't do the rails with it. As far as leaving the cloth hard, I haven't noticed that after cleaning with a very wet towel, even if it did stiffen up a little it would soften up after using it a little just like wearing clothes that hung out on the clothesline.

Old
  (#50)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.g. (old guy) View Post
Curious if you have tried this? I wouldn't do the rails with it. As far as leaving the cloth hard, I haven't noticed that after cleaning with a very wet towel, even if it did stiffen up a little it would soften up after using it a little just like wearing clothes that hung out on the clothesline.
Our best billiard mechanic in the 70s tried spraying a cloth before he installed it...
...on the theory that it would dry tighter.....said it didnít play right.

And cleaning with a damp cloth will affect the rails....
..and turns loose chalk under the cloth to mud.

Vacuum is the best

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#51)
o.g. (old guy)
mark

10-02-2019, 12:43 PM

seems like if you vacuum first it would remove the loose chalk under and on the cloth, leaving the chalk and dirt that is embedded in the cloth. I was hoping someone has actually tried this. Guess I'll have to experiment on some old cloth that I have. Might be a while I have to borrow a carpet cleaner with an upholstery attatchment. I'll post the results when done.

Old
  (#52)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 10-02-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
This is what I use. Cut the hole with a hole saw. The little vacuum in one hand and the brush in the other. Really removes the dust instead of just smearing it around.

Then I wipe it down with a hot damp cloth with some woolite in the water.

Attachment 531067
Great idea. Cheap, home-made and effective.

Old
  (#53)
HomeBrewer
AzB Silver Member
HomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond reputeHomeBrewer has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersauce View Post
Iíve been using this on my table for three years. Itís a Shark model v15z with the brush assembly and belt removed. I got the idea from a thread I saw on here a long time ago. Thing works greatóbuilt in hose with brush, crevice tool, plenty of suction for the job, and it was only a little over $30 if I remember correctly.

I do exactly the same thing on my 10' Gabriels billiard table. The idea came from a thread on onepocket.org where a guy showed how to remove the drive band and rotating brush. Works great.

Old
  (#54)
robertod
AzB Silver Member
robertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond reputerobertod has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2019, 09:42 AM

This is what I use and works for me. And I would agree with what others have said here. Too much suction and rotary brushes could be harmful to the cloth.

https://images.app.goo.gl/24D5mdQCdH2fk3Pa6

Old
  (#55)
Poolhall60561
AzB Silver Member
Poolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2019, 08:14 AM

Used my Dyson to vacuum my table last night. Itís a little awkward but the results were good.

Name:  EE6AFEE6-8422-45AE-BDE3-1C69B95CD27C.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  94.6 KB

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: