Bit By A Diamond

POCKETWOLF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to a pool hall the other day and decided to try out the diamond. I figured it couldn't be that much different than my connely at home. Yeah, i was wrong. I couldn't get past a 17 ball run. Problem wasn't getting from rack to rack, i kept rattling balls. They might not have been great shot choices, but makeable none the less. Good thing the guy i was playing wasn't used to the table either, he never got past 7 balls in a run!
Oh well, live and learn. Can't wait to get on that table again and get into the twenties.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
diamonds were deffinatly not built for 14.1, not to say that alot of balls cant be run on them(Schmidt). but played on enough will really tighten up your game, or make you quit....LOL

i Prefer Gold Crown III's for 14.1 myself

Steve

POCKETWOLF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There were some gc 4's open, but i wanted to try out the diamond. Now that i know, shot selection will be a little tighter. Hopefully my stroke will be tighter as well!

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I have a diamond and I am stuck in the land of the 20's currently. My high runs so far this week are 26 on monday, 25 on tuesday, and 27 today. I have ran 41 on my table twice since December. They are tough tables, lately I have been concentrating on pocketing all shots cleanly and without hitting a rail going in, or center pocket.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamonds demand a higher level of concentration and focus especially noticeable when often playing on more sympathic tables.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
If you a make it a regular enough thing, playing on it could help your game. But if 14.1 is your main pleasure in life and you don't plan on spending several hours per week on a diamond, you might as well just stick to the connely or find a GC. It's encouraging to hear you say "can't wait to get on that table again"... my response to the diamond was more like "can't wait to get the f- away from this table" lol :)

POCKETWOLF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you a make it a regular enough thing, playing on it could help your game. But if 14.1 is your main pleasure in life and you don't plan on spending several hours per week on a diamond, you might as well just stick to the connely or find a GC. It's encouraging to hear you say "can't wait to get on that table again"... my response to the diamond was more like "can't wait to get the f- away from this table" lol :)

If i could, i'd play on the diamond more. But i live out of town, and table time on my connely at home is much cheaper! I did buy some pocket reducers for drills though, turns out i need to dial in the center of the pocket more than i thought. I like the challenge on tight pocket tables, it's a game not life or death. Cracks me up when people freak out because of this or that. I make or i miss, hopefully i make more. Don't get me wrong, i get mad at myself for missing the easy ones, but playing tough conditions is better than lobbing marbles in a bucket.