DCC 2020 1p updates.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Billy got a little lucky on that opening bank shot that kissed in. But after that he handled the rack beautifully.

What came up next on my computer was the final rack (hill-hill) between Francisco and Jayson Shaw in the semis of the Bigfoot. After a long series of safeties/kicks Francisco got an open shot and Danny verbally gave the match to him at that point, repeatedly saying "he's got it" and "no problem here." Mark suggested it wasn't over yet, but Danny insisted that Francisco had it in the bag. Until...he missed a cut on the nine! Danny had to eat his words on that one. :wink:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy got a little lucky on that opening bank shot that kissed in. But after that he handled the rack beautifully.

What came up next on my computer was the final rack (hill-hill) between Francisco and Jayson Shaw in the semis of the Bigfoot. After a long series of safeties/kicks Francisco got an open shot and Danny verbally gave the match to him at that point, repeatedly saying "he's got it" and "no problem here." Mark suggested it wasn't over yet, but Danny insisted that Francisco had it in the bag. Until...he missed a cut on the nine! Danny had to eat his words on that one. :wink:

That whole rack was filled with Danny's missed calls

In the scene you recounted, mark literally said, 'ok', having had his fill of danny.

Too funny

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That whole rack was filled with Danny's missed calls

In the scene you recounted, mark literally said, 'ok', having had his fill of danny.

Too funny

He made a strange comment early in the rack when Francisco was kicking at the two ball. He said he may try to play a billiard on the ten? The ten was no where near the two ball and there was no possible way he could play a billiard on it. I was baffled by his remark and just chalked it up to Danny being confused about what ball Francisco was shooting at or which ball was the ten.

I love Danny but he's seen better days in the booth.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Watching the video, looks like he played that bank/carom. The camera angle made it appear he was unable to see the full left side of the obj. ball and had to cross it for the carom. Nice 8 and out.

troyboy30

Fish
Silver Member

That’s wasn’t luck.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Jennifer Barretta beats Joey Korsiak hill/hill....
...runs over to SJM for a fist bump

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That’s wasn’t luck.
That's kind of a yes and no situation. I'm sure that it was exactly the shot Billy was playing, and he plays bank-to-a-kiss better than most pool players bank, but the shot required just the right thin kiss. I'd guess he's no better than 20% on the shot. But at one pocket you take a lot of 5%-30% shots that if they go in, you have a chance to get out. (And if they don't, you've taken care of the rock.)

I think Billy is supposed to do an Efren in the post-match interview: "I got lucky." :wink:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's kind of a yes and no situation. I'm sure that it was exactly the shot Billy was playing, and he plays bank-to-a-kiss better than most pool players bank, but the shot required just the right thin kiss. I'd guess he's no better than 20% on the shot. But at one pocket you take a lot of 5%-30% shots that if they go in, you have a chance to get out. (And if they don't, you've taken care of the rock.)

I think Billy is supposed to do an Efren in the post-match interview: "I got lucky." :wink:

So you would feel good letting him shoot it 10x 2 for 1 on the money? You would be 6X ahead😉

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He made a strange comment early in the rack when Francisco was kicking at the two ball. He said he may try to play a billiard on the ten? The ten was no where near the two ball and there was no possible way he could play a billiard on it. I was baffled by his remark and just chalked it up to Danny being confused about what ball Francisco was shooting at or which ball was the ten.

I love Danny but he's seen better days in the booth.

Nah- You posted your wallet on that one-For your backer. You sleep in the streets tonight You were wrong once before last year also!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yoga pants and a black wife beater.....I woulda lost too!

You ain’t kiddin’ .

But let’s not take away from the fact that Jennifer is playing amazing pool, and I believe she’s crossed the 700 line.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jennifer Barretta beats Joey Korsiak hill/hill....
...runs over to SJM for a fist bump

That’s not a 1P update. I tried to get Jennifer to play me some 1P at Skyline, that probably would have ruined her 9B stroke:smile:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy 8 and out off of Hall's break.

Congrats to Billy Thorpe 1p Champ!

Probably locks up the MoT too unless Dennis wins the 9b.

365 players in 1p.

Well done, Billy

No wonders folks were knocking Roys Basement list (compiled from stakehorses) when it left out Billy and Justin Hall :D

mklist.JPG

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Come on Jay, you do know that’s a standard 1P shot.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

So you would feel good letting him shoot it 10x 2 for 1 on the money? You would be 6X ahead😉

A thousand to one shot can be the right shot at one pocket.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Come on Jay, you do know that’s a standard 1P shot.

"I ALSO WATCHED THAT LAST GAME,
AND THOUGHT THE SAME THING-
HE HIT THE BALL BAD AND GOT A GOOD ROLL ON IT-
Watch the game on youtube- he shoots kind of fast RAISES UP REALLY FAST DURING THE SHOT TOO "
Not taking anything away-he sure did and EXCELLENT JOB RUNNING OUT THE GAME TO WIN IN THE FINAL HILL - HILL :)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Only if you are 100% certain you can do it first try;)

As long as you aren’t leaving a shot at your opponent’s pocket, you can go for anything.

What is not wise is to have ball in hand, need two balls for the win, and shoot the ball
into your opponent’s pocket, like Chris Melling did...:eek:

C5C32136-F457-4A2B-AD01-FA438A81EF57.jpeg