Denali Purple Heart Break Cue

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
I recently bought this cue: Denali PH breaker by QMAKER. It wasn't a custom order, I was just cruising around his site and spotted it. To what extend he takes custom orders should be discussed with him. At any rate, here's a quick review.
The look is simple and clean. I like it and think it is a good look. The only thing that is different is mine is that at my request Bob swapped the shaft out for another PH shaft with a Samsara J/B tip instead of the White Diamond. That also effected the weight, reducing it to 18.95.
I happened to have 9-ball league the night it arrived and used it right away. My previous breaker is a Madison Bob with a solid ferrule made of some material derived from hemp (no, I didn't smoke it) and it broke and jumped better than any other combination I've tried. I think this cue breaks BETTER than the Mad Bob and am very pleased with it. What I like about it is that I have at least the same breaking power that I did before, but IMO the leather Samsara tip allows more cue ball control. It doesn't seem to jump as well as the Mad Bob, but I don't jump well anyway so that is nothing to judge by.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a new breaker, I'd give Denali Cues consideration.

Attachments

• DSCN0314.jpg
    DSCN0314.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 763

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
thanks for the review, I have been considered a Denali breaker for quite some time. I got fund for a breaker a few months ago but opted for a Mezz PBII, which I regretted later because I did not like the Mezz at all, it plays well but I just did not have any feeling for a production cue anymore.

I will never buy another production cue, and I my next cue will be a Denali breaker.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
On the custom front, Bob does take custom orders. I've got an ebony and amboyna custom on order to go with my amboyna and ebony Tonkin I have coming. I'm getting both a purple heart break shaft and a maple playing shaft so I can use it to play or break!