Runde 5/5

Chairman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I've come across this Bob Runde that has incredible work in it. Lots of inlays - ivory, MOP, and abalone. The ivory in the sleeve has beautiful grain and a slight pink hue to it. Even the ring work is stunning.

The interesting thing is that there is no year listed on the cap as most Rundes have. Just "5/5". Was told this was part of a 5 cue limited series made in 1996 - don't know much else than that.

The hit is pure Runde - solid and classic. Reminds me of my old Runde era Schön R12 that I use to have and love. This one has ivory ferrules. My old R12 had old school micarta that I do miss...

Looking for any info you guys might have on this limited series. Would love to see the other 4 sibling cues, or just know more about the story behind the series, if anyone knows.

Attachments

• IMG_2896.jpg
    IMG_2896.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_2897.jpg
    IMG_2897.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2899.jpg
    IMG_2899.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2900.jpg
    IMG_2900.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_2901.jpg
    IMG_2901.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 387

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as I know, Jim Oswald of Billiards N Bagels in Gresham, OR received all of Bob's cues prior to sometime in the early 2000's. Jim passed away a few years ago, but I recall him talking about Bob's cues quite a lot. In 2003 Bob started putting an S on the buttcap to designate a short splice vs CNC. I'd suggest calling Bob and getting the skinny on the cue. I haven't spoken to him in a few years, but he was a pleasure to talk to.