Silver Member
1980's .....
" I've NEVER seen a Meucci with BIG DOTS- :confused:
Aftermarket install, I would guess....

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dots look horrible...like an add on.

But I have seen some horrible design work in Meucci cues.

Is the pin brass or steel?

Bumper, or bumper hole size? That would help.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see brass pin, era correct bumper...... someone added those dots. The top one hits the veneers. Back then Bob wouldn't have done that. Now.... nothing would shock me.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I don't see any bumper that would give it away. The buttplate and the buttsleeve look way out of proportion for a Meucci. The dots would never been done original. The ferrule looks kind of chopped up, has some abnormalities; actually doesn't look long enough for Meucci. Hard to tell about the joint material, picture isn't good enough. And usually Meucci put a finish over the entire cue, which this is not.

Other than that, a gem. I don't know.

All the best,
WW

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see brass pin, era correct bumper...... someone added those dots. The top one hits the veneers. Back then Bob wouldn't have done that. Now.... nothing would shock me.

Pin looks dark like brass...but I won't trust a pic like that.

And I really can't see the bumper close enough.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see any bumper that would give it away. The buttplate and the buttsleeve look way out of proportion for a Meucci. The dots would never been done original. The ferrule looks kind of chopped up, has some abnormalities; actually doesn't look long enough for Meucci. Hard to tell about the joint material, picture isn't good enough. And usually Meucci put a finish over the entire cue, which this is not.

Other than that, a gem. I don't know.

All the best,
WW

It's possible it's not even a Meucci.

I am not saying it isn't. But I would like better pics.

I have seen too many Meucci cues with exposed wrap to be surprised by them anymore.

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's possible it's not even a Meucci.

I am not saying it isn't. But I would like better pics.

I have seen too many Meucci cues with exposed wrap to be surprised by them anymore.

I extracted the pic from the guys ad. I requested better pictures, but the guy doesn't seem to be interested in supplying them. Nevertheless, I agree that the cue has been modified by someone who was mechanically challenged.

Cheers,
Tony

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s an 84-3 and someone (not Meucci) added the dots and did not do a good job. Even if this was a special order with the dots there is no way Meucci would do them that bad.

As for exposed wraps since there was a comment about it earlier. Exposed wraps have ALWAYS been an option from Meucci. Are there more covered than exposed? More than likely, but you have always been able to request an exposed wrap from them. I don’t know where or when this misinformation started, but I see it come up a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the exposed wrap does not say it is not a Meucci. Many Meucci cues have been made without a finish on the wrap.

It might be an 84-3. It does look like one.

I will not say it impossible that Meucci added the dots. Remember Meucci lets a lot of "factory second" cues out. So Meucci has had not qualms about letting crappy work out the door...yes, including back in the "good old days".

I just don't know.

Looks like maybe a brass pin.

Looks like maybe an 84-3 with dots.

I won't say more without good pics.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Could be an 84-3, and yes some Meuccis came without the finish over wrap. As for time of production, it's hard to say, as this series was produced again by Meucci about 1994 or so. The main difference I could tell at the time was the small button style bumper in about 1984, and the larger bumper from about that point on. Can't tell from this picture.

All the best,
WW