Please comment on Tiger Shafts

Kaptivative

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Orcollo is one of their player reps. He's a great player. He can, however, play with a broomstick with a leather tip and beat most players out there. So, to all of my human, everyday, salt of the earth pool players, what do you think about the Tiger LD Performance Shafts?

I've hit with Predator 314^2 and OB Classic. I've never hit with a Tiger. What are the opinions out there?

Sniper 55

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Have The X-Ultra LD Tiger Shaft 12.75 and it hits awesome I would compare it to the 314*2 and I really like the Sniper Tip that it came with nice combo hope this Helps

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Tiger

I fought the LD shafts forever but got talked into it by my captain who ran a billiard shop in town. One of those things where you cuss yourself for not trying it sooner. I liked the Tiger better than the Predator but that is a feel thing. Plus I met the Tiger guys in Vegas and they did some maintainance on my cue without me even buying anything so I was sold on them personally. I have hit with the OB Classic and it feels more like Tiger than predator but it wasnt out when I got mine. The thing you will immediately notice is long along the rail shots will become layups and your cue ball speed/control on long shots will become more consistant too.

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
I'm would also like to hear some further reviews on the Tiger shafts. I played with a Predator a few months ago after playing with a standard maple shaft for over two decades. The advances between technology were immediately evident but the shafts felt disconnected... lacking feel. I just bought a couple of the Lucasi Hybrid shafts and need to spend some time with them but may also consider Tiger.

Edson

Registered
I bought a Tiger Pro-X shaft.... I use to be able to Z2 but for some reason I can't anymore and the Tiger shaft is sitting on the side. My buddy used it and he said it was awesome. I tried it out too and it's actually really smooth.

I'm no good at telling you about the deflection or the hit/feel. But my buddy did say that the best tips are blue.... this one came with a blue tip (without chalk on of course).

RunEm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good hiting shaft kinda like an ob hit wise me my self like the ob better hope u find what ur looking for I say try one see what u think

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I only could choose between a Ob or a Tiger,I would pick
the OB classic series hands down.I find Tiger shafts feel good
but deflect horribly.
I do a test for deflection by setting up 2 balls,one on the headspot
and one right in the middle of the head-string where you break
from.I find using inside English is the best for testing deflection
in a shaft.I hit the CB with insides,pocket the ball in the corner and
come around 3 rails.This shot tells me alot when were talking deflection.
I found the Tiger Shaft deflected as bad as a maple shaft,maybe worse.
The OB Classic shaft deflected very little,very comparable with
the Predator shaft but with the feel of a Maple shaft.
The Classic shaft is perfect for a guy liking the feel of a maple shaft
but wanting characteristics of a LD shaft.This shaft has both rolled
up into one.
Last thing I'll add is,as far as LD shafts that stay straight.Every Classic shaft
I've seen or had which is about 20 were dead-nuts straight and
haven't moved an inch.Goodluck

Last edited:

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
agree completely with scsuxci....tiger shafts deflect pretty much the same as a regular maple shaft, it's not really low deflection at all. the tiger does hit very nice though, the saber-t ferrule has a nice feel to it and the shaft has quality construction. but low deflection it is not.

i've also worked on many ob shafts and agree that the veneer construction lends to a very stable and very straight shaft.

the ob shafts have a different feel than predators, but the classic series deflects a little more than the wood ferrule ones. the classic pro is about equivalent to a 314-2, where the ob-2 was more like a z2. the classic was about halfway between a regular shaft and a 314-2 in my testing.

0ne9marine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i asked a well known maker at SBE in his humble opinion what the best aftermarket shaft was. he told me tiger. i have a tiger on a titlist and an ob1 on a lucasi. like the titlist with the tiger much better.

Swarbt119

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have a Tiger X-Pro on a Dominiak and it shoots fantastic, really low deflection. I have owned Predators, Poison, and Dominiaks own LD shafts and the Tiger shoots comparable to the Z2. It doesn't feel week at the tip like the Dominiak shaft. Nice medium firm hit. I can get more English with a weaker tip, but I'll take a firmer feel any day. Overall it's a really good shaft for the money.

kickbank

Crescent Fresh!!
Tiger Pro Shaft

I love the Tiger Pro Shaft. The feel is great and I'm missing less shots. Feel is the biggest plus for me when it comes to a shaft.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
If I only could choose between a Ob or a Tiger,I would pick
the OB classic series hands down.I find Tiger shafts feel good
but deflect horribly.
I do a test for deflection by setting up 2 balls,one on the headspot
and one right in the middle of the head-string where you break
from.I find using inside English is the best for testing deflection
in a shaft.I hit the CB with insides,pocket the ball in the corner and
come around 3 rails.This shot tells me alot when were talking deflection.
I found the Tiger Shaft deflected as bad as a maple shaft,maybe worse.
The OB Classic shaft deflected very little,very comparable with
the Predator shaft but with the feel of a Maple shaft.
The Classic shaft is perfect for a guy liking the feel of a maple shaft
but wanting characteristics of a LD shaft.This shaft has both rolled
up into one.
Last thing I'll add is,as far as LD shafts that stay straight.Every Classic shaft
I've seen or had which is about 20 were dead-nuts straight and
haven't moved an inch.Goodluck

When did you do this test, & with which Tiger shaft (there are 3 models for pool)?

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When did you do this test, & with which Tiger shaft (there are 3 models for pool)?
I used the TigerX Ultra 12.75,the OB Classic and 314-2 both at 12.75.The Predator
deflected the least and the Tiger didn't feel LD at all for me.

There 11.75 shaft might play better cause its tapered much smaller but as far as
the 12.75,it didn't do it for me.
My buddy plays with a Tiger but changed the ferrule to a lighter material and loves
it.He also tried this test and was shocked how much his shaft was deflecting.

tony frank

THE TRAPPER
Silver Member
Foe what it's worth. I played with a Dominiak butt and TIGER X shaft {no longer made} for quite a while. Loved this shaft well over many others. HOWEVER, one day I noticed a hair line crack about 1" long in the shaft just above the joint. Closer examination showed 2 other hairlines 1/2" long. I contacted the vendor for a warrentee replacement or ???? They told me they could do nothing since it was out of their time period. TOLD TO SEE THE MFGR. I contacted Tiger with numerous emails, pictures and even a phone call that was never returned. It's the best shaft I ever had - however the cracks definitely deadened the hit. I've been around a long long time and maintain my gear to the T. NO freezing - no heat / etc.etc. I will purchase another shaft from tiger however - this was very disappointing. The fault is so obviously in the shaft - not extraneous damage.

Frenchy

kickbank

Crescent Fresh!!
Tiger Pro X is the way to go.Been playing with the Tiger TH-2 with the Pro X shaft for 2 years. If I buy another cue I will match it with another Pro X Shaft.

seale1985

Banned
I have forreal tried every performance shaft worth
Trying I play with huge Custom cues and always have predator
313' 2 matched to it. Bought a tiger X ultra LD 12.75 mm shaft
And its killer I just can't stand tiny ferrel but shoots jam up

LegitStick1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with the Tiger X shaft myself with a sniper tip and absolutely love it! I have 314 2 predator as my backup shaft with a kamui tip on it and I love the feel of the Tiger with the sniper tip. I recommend it for sure. Everyone has different tastes though.

shojingod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't play with a Tiger shaft because I'm afraid I might get mauled. I think only female tigers should play with them. It's also the same reason I don't play with a predator in general. It just to dangerous. I personally would only play with OB-1 because he has the force or maybe Lucas if I see him. :D

I am really going to go OB. Nothing like moving a cue ball with a silk touch and with comfort. That seems like the way to play pool. I guess it must come in pieces in the box and you assemble it.
51NR1YBUlwL._SY300_.jpg

You guys buy the OB classic. I do one better I'm going to get the OB pro comfort. Yeah, I'm going rule. :grin-square:

P.S. Sorry could not help it. I was in a funny mood.

Last edited:

wutang

THE DEADLY GAMESMAN
Silver Member
I have a Tiger X-Pro on a Dominiak and it shoots fantastic, really low deflection.

Sounds like a bad-ass combo.

I have a Dominiak and it hits like the TRUTH.

I have it for sale on here.

But the only reason why Im selling it is because its a 60 in cue.

Not a fan of long cues.

'My arms are too short to stroke with draw!!' :thumbup:

Wutang