MEUCCI PRO Shaft

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got another McDermott cue and it has an extra shaft that was made by Bob Meucci. From looking a their website, it seems to be the "pro" model that lists for $275. It is a bit longer than 29" and has a 1/2 inch ferrule and I think the diameter is about 12.5mm. The quality of the wood is superb and it has lots of curly maple rings up and down that glisten when the light changes. I think it may have a Triangle tip on it.

I must say that this shaft hits VERY, VERY, VERY well and is super responsive. I haven't tried to figure out its deflective qualities yet, but it hits WAY better than a Predator 314-2 as far as "FEEL" is concerned. This shaft hits SOLID and provides EXCELLENT feedback.

I haven't hit balls with a Meucci shaft in a LONG time, but this is NOTHING like the whippy stuff they used to put out years ago. I would RECOMMEND this shaft to anybody...assuming they all hit as well as the one I have.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci

I just got another McDermott cue and it has an extra shaft that was made by Bob Meucci. From looking a their website, it seems to be the "pro" model that lists for $275. It is a bit longer than 29" and has a 1/2 inch ferrule and I think the diameter is about 12.5mm. The quality of the wood is superb and it has lots of curly maple rings up and down that glisten when the light changes. I think it may have a Triangle tip on it.

I must say that this shaft hits VERY, VERY, VERY well and is super responsive. I haven't tried to figure out its deflective qualities yet, but it hits WAY better than a Predator 314-2 as far as "FEEL" is concerned. This shaft hits SOLID and provides EXCELLENT feedback.

I haven't hit balls with a Meucci shaft in a LONG time, but this is NOTHING like the whippy stuff they used to put out years ago. I would RECOMMEND this shaft to anybody...assuming they all hit as well as the one I have.

I have several Meucci butts and shafts and I love each and every one of them. Right now, I just can't seem to put my "Ultimate Weapon" shaft down long enough to go to my "Black Dot" or my old "Red Dot" or any of my old un-named Meucci shafts. I also really like their "Power Piston" butts.:smile:

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I "just" noticed something about this shaft that I don't ever remember "noticing" on any of my other shafts for the entire 40-something years of playing pool.

As I was rubbing the chalk on the tip of my cue, I noticed that I could feel the vibrations of the chalk barely rubbing across the tip all the way down through the forearm.

I usually hold my cues pretty much in the same manner when I chalk, I don't ever recall feeling the chalk "scraping" across the tip by the vibrations I could feel on my other hand that was holding the cue by the forearm.

I will have to break out some of my other cues and see if their shafts are as "sensitive" as this one.

Aloha.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anybody who has this shaft, I'll let you know I put a milk dud on it yesterday and it plays pretty sporty.

I shot with it for the first time this morning and,without even a warmup, I was able to run the first two racks of 9-ball playing the Ghost and ran the 3rd rack to the 8 and missed an easy shot.

At this time my normal playing buddy came in and we started banging them around. After a couple of games I was getting a bit used to the tip and I put a 5-pack on him and made the 9-ball on the break on the 6th game and then had the cue ball kicked in the side for a scratch.

The tip gave me a bit more feel and I was able to keep the cue ball on a bit of a tighter string.

This is the first time in a long time that I've been able to hit the balls with as much control. I was running balls left and right. Hope this lucky streak continues.

Aloha.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anybody who has this shaft, I'll let you know I put a milk dud on it yesterday and it plays pretty sporty.

I shot with it for the first time this morning and,without even a warmup, I was able to run the first two racks of 9-ball playing the Ghost and ran the 3rd rack to the 8 and missed an easy shot.

At this time my normal playing buddy came in and we started banging them around. After a couple of games I was getting a bit used to the tip and I put a 5-pack on him and made the 9-ball on the break on the 6th game and then had the cue ball kicked in the side for a scratch.

The tip gave me a bit more feel and I was able to keep the cue ball on a bit of a tighter string.

This is the first time in a long time that I've been able to hit the balls with as much control. I was running balls left and right. Hope this lucky streak continues.

Aloha.

As soon as my Kamui "Blacks" wear down, I'm going to replace them with "Milk Duds" on a couple of my Meucci shafts. I've been playing with "Dudleys" on a couple of my older Meucci shafts and I really like how they feel. :smile:

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I like the Pro Shaft much better than I like my Predator with the Vantage shaft. But I think it is me. I have been playing with Muecci sticks since 1975....

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bought a new PRO shaft having them install a kamui black S. Cant wait to have it in my hands. Should be a week or two until it comes in. :angry: :D.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I read in meucci website, that you can order a specific weight balance for this shaft, there are two options, hard rock maple where balance will be at the back of the cue, or the other option where balance will be more forward, I'm not sure which one is best and why.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read in meucci website, that you can order a specific weight balance for this shaft, there are two options, hard rock maple where balance will be at the back of the cue, or the other option where balance will be more forward, I'm not sure which one is best and why.

I have the solid maple PRO shaft...not the laminated one.

This is from their website:

http://www.meuccicues.com/shafts.html

"The new Meucci Pro Series shaft is now standard with all Pro-Series Cues #1 through #6 and is available for any other Meucci or BMC series cues.

It has a thru to the tip, half inch hydraulic ferrule, and is available for all cues if you want to take your game to the highest level possible.

Unlike all other quote “high performance” shafts. This shaft is as low effective deflection as the Z2 by Predator but is a full 12.5 millimeters with a full 14” Pro Taper like all standard Meucci cues and all other brand copies of the Meucci Taper.

According to many top players who have tested this shaft “it is the best playing cue I’ve ever hit a ball with”

This shaft is available in either a solid piece of hard rock maple, for those of you who want to move the balance back in your cue; or in a 37 piece flat laminated shaft for a more forward balance. In other words between 18” and 20” from the butt of your cue depending on the materials used in your specific butt of your cue design."

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
I built your pro shaft :wink: you're welcome

I will give a free upgrade to the Pro Shaft on the purchase of any new available Meucci cue listed at $500 & up. 5/16x18 pin. Add just $40 for a Pro Shaft upgrade on any Meucci cue under $500.

Last edited: