Kicking: Zero-X
Banking: Banking with the Beard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Bank Pool Secrets of A World Champion
DVD by John Brumback

He's more of a "how" guy than a "why" guy, but damn he can bank.

pj
chgo

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Which kicking/ banking videos do you guys consider the most beneficial?
... all of the videos appearing along with illustrations and instructional articles for all of the commonly-used kicking and banking systems.

The most useful systems are covered in detail, with lots of examples, in the following full-length videos:

Vol. III of How to Aim Pool Shots (HAPS)
Vol. IV of the Video Encyclopedia of Pool Shots (VEPS)
Vol. IV of the Video Encyclopedia of Pool Practice (VEPP)

Enjoy,
Dave

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Banking?

Bugs Rucker Parts 1 & 2
“One tip low, half tip left...
mmmm-hmmmm”

usakr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... all of the videos appearing along with illustrations and instructional articles for all of the commonly-used kicking and banking systems.

The most useful systems are covered in detail, with lots of examples, in the following full-length videos:

Enjoy,
Dave

Hey Dave, I have your VEPS. I haven't had the chance to view that disk yet but I'm sure it's good. So far what I have seen is very good. That being said do you cover kicking systems on the other dvds that aren't covered in VEPS?

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

Hey Dave, I have your VEPS. I haven't had the chance to view that disk yet but I'm sure it's good. So far what I have seen is very good.
I'm glad to hear it. I hope you continue to enjoy and benefit from VEPS for a long time to come.

That being said do you cover kicking systems on the other dvds that aren't covered in VEPS?
All of the videos mentioned above cover different systems, or they present the systems in different ways with different examples. There is some overlap, but each is of value. I am always finding simpler ways to apply the systems, so the newer videos show improved stuff with easier ways to use the systems.

Regards,
Dave

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the standard midpoint/parallel to the corner two-rail system, but Sanchez explains it very well. I do think that the "outside" shots can also be calculated rather than adjusted by feel simply by changing where you consider the first OB to be before finding the midpoint between them. It is nice that he gets accuracy down to hitting the ball on the intended side after two rails.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
This is the standard midpoint/parallel to the corner two-rail system, but Sanchez explains it very well. I do think that the "outside" shots can also be calculated rather than adjusted by feel simply by changing where you consider the first OB to be before finding the midpoint between them. It is nice that he gets accuracy down to hitting the ball on the intended side after two rails.
Can you describe (or link to a description of) the method for doing that?

Thanks,

pj
chgo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can you describe (or link to a description of) the method for doing that?

Thanks,

pj
chgo
If you watch Sanchez' explanation, he primarily talks about soft two-rail kicks that are nearly parallel to the second cushion and played without sidespin. It appears that such shots naturally hit the OB on the rail side. See Sanchez' first four or five examples.

If you want to hit the other side of the OB -- the side away from the cushion -- one way to get there using the system is to simply take a different ("adjusted", "bogus", "imaginary") location for the OB that is one ball diameter farther from the cushion. That should cause to the cue ball to arrive at the object ball one ball diameter farther from the cushion. If the "standard" hit is half-ball on the rail side, the "adjusted" hit will be half-ball on the other side of the ball.

I think the main thing to take away from the Sanchez video is the system played as he describes gets a rail-side hit on the object ball. The ideal mirror principle predicts a full-ball hit on the object ball.

At pool, I think the shots Sanchez shows will be primarily useful at one pocket where you are kicking softly to hit a ball near your opponent's pocket and you want to hit it on the correct (cushion) side.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If you want to hit the other side of the OB -- the side away from the cushion -- one way to get there using the system is to simply take a different ("adjusted", "bogus", "imaginary") location for the OB that is one ball diameter farther from the cushion. That should cause to the cue ball to arrive at the object ball one ball diameter farther from the cushion. If the "standard" hit is half-ball on the rail side, the "adjusted" hit will be half-ball on the other side of the ball.
Oh... so adjust your target ball by the amount you want to adjust your hit. I thought maybe there was a rule of thumb without knowing in advance what your unadjusted hit would be.

Still a handy principle to refine my "aim a little closer to the corner" rule - thanks.

pj
chgo