DCC action -- Name these players...

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just put up three pages of Derby action photos. How many of these guys can you name? If you can clearly ID sweaters in the background, that counts too.

I will send an autographed copy (autographed by Danny) of Danny Di Liberto's Road Player to whoever comes up with the most names that are not of the obvious variety :)

Cone0009.jpg

A link might help :)

Action, Action, Action

Last edited:

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
Incardonia
Freddy the Beard
Marquez
Van Boening
Varner
Deuel
Reyes
Cone
Little John
The cue guy (rare cues) way back in the back ground on page 3
Shannon Murphy in the background page 3 with his hat turned around backwards
The Russian (?) page 2

Last edited:

JOEY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the ones that hal mentioned, plus:
tony chohan
shane van boening
scott frost

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, I'll play! :p

Page 1, starting at the top, from left to right:

No. 1. (?)
No. 2. Shane Van Boening shooting. Scooter and Liljon are in the background, Liljon with a cue in his lap.
No. 3. (?) shooting. Liljon, again, in the background.
No. 4. Shane Van Boening shooting.
No. 5. (?)
No. 6. Freddy the Beard talking to Billy Incardona

Page 2, starting at the top, from left to right:

No. 1. Billy Incardona
No. 2. Billy Incardona and Freddy the Beard
No. 3. Marshall Tucker shooting, Gene Hooker in the background
No. 4. Philly player a/k/a "El Nina" on AzBilliards holding stick, with Steve the railbird sweater and better from Pittsburgh wearing the hat, next to Steve is David Broxson (sp) the player
No. 5. Tony Chohan shooting, Nick Varner in the background on the right
No. 6. Billy Incardona shooting, Nick Varner in the background

Page 3, starting at the top, from left to right:

No. 1. Corey Deuel, with Efren Reyes in background
No. 2. Efren Reyes shooting
No. 3. Corey Deuel shooting
No. 4. Justin Cone
No. 5. Liljon and Sparky Ferrell
No. 6. Liljon's hand is on the light (LOL), Justin Cone is racking, Scott Frost standing with his back to the camera wearing a hoodie jacket, and Tracy Joe Salazar standing in the crowd on the right, wearing a black shirt with white horizontal stripes on the chest portion.

JAM

P.S. If I am fortunate enough to rank as the winner of this contest, please give the prize to the second-place finisher. I already own Danny Diliberto's CD which I purchased at the Glass City Open, 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Page 1

Darren Appleton
Shane Van Boening,
Junior from Alaska
Shane Van Boening
Don’t Know
Freddy Bentivegna, Cardone

Page 2

Cardone,
Cardone, Freddy
Marshall Carpenter, Hooker in the background
Steve on the right, I don’t know the player
Tony Chohan, Nick Varner sweating
Cardone again, Varner sweating (same match?)

Page 3

Cory and Efren
Efren,
Corey,
Justin the Road Man
Lil John and I don’t know
Lil John discussing with Scott Frost, the Road Man racking

cincyman

Banned
page 1 left to right

1 darren appleton
2 shane van boening
3 pookie rasmoulogen
5 billy incardona, freddie the beard, greg randall

page 2
1 billy incardona
2 billy incardona, freddie the beard
3 marshall "squirell" carpenter
4 chohan, nick varner
5 billy incardona

page3
1 corey, efren
2 corey
3 justin
4 lil john justin scott frost joe salazar

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
That isn't Pooky, but I don't know who it is either. :p

JAM
It's Junior from Alaska. I wouldn't know how to spell his last name, but it starts with a J, but is pronounced "H" like a good Spanish word. He's Filipino. {edit: found it: Junior Jueco}

Fred

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
1pocket said:
I added a fourth page, with more crowd shots.
Justin the Road Man
Nick Hickerson
Chris Bartram (left), Nick Hickerson (Junior Jueco sitting to the right)

Steve, I'm at every one of these matchups. I must be standing next to you or something when you were taking these photos!!

Fred

cincyman

Banned
page 4

page 4
1 justin, front right is robert hall, back is shane van boeing, front back facing us is scooter, far right tony watson
2 nick hickerson, scooter sitting, lil john sitting,
3 bartrum, cliff joyner sitting, stavros standing, david broxson sitting right,

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
On page 4, the matchup between Junior and Hickerson was their 3rd ahead set. The first 6 ahead was the night before with Junior winning getting the 8. The second and third ahead session are what Steve captured in the photos. Junior won the 2nd set with the 8 and then Hickerson won playing even. (thats me at the bottom of page 4, standing between Broxon and the blonde, with the Air Garcia shirt on). This matchup was a pretty good game to sweat. Hickerson struggled giving up the 8, but when they played even "Melonhead" (as he was being called by Scooter who was staking the game) hit a gear with his herky jerky stroke and ran out from everywhere.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
uwate said:
...(thats me at the bottom of page 4, standing between Broxon and the blonde, with the Air Garcia shirt on)....

What is that big thing that you are holding in your hand? :D

JAM

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
uwate said:
On page 4, the matchup between Junior and Hickerson was their 3rd ahead set. The first 6 ahead was the night before with Junior winning getting the 8. The second and third ahead session are what Steve captured in the photos. Junior won the 2nd set with the 8 and then Hickerson won playing even. (thats me at the bottom of page 4, standing between Broxon and the blonde, with the Air Garcia shirt on). This matchup was a pretty good game to sweat. Hickerson struggled giving up the 8, but when they played even "Melonhead" (as he was being called by Scooter who was staking the game) hit a gear with his herky jerky stroke and ran out from everywhere.

I remember seeing you, David. I actually found myself in the photo. Find Hennessee. Behind him is KtownD. To Ktown's right is me (two behind Cliff). All you can see is some of my black hair! LOL!!!!

Fred

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of the fourth page, the bottom picture, on the left-hand row, seated from left to right:

Unknown
Cliff Joyner in skull cap
Unknown
Player who I can't remember his name
Blond girlfriend of Jason Kirkwood
Jason Kirkwood
Tony Chohan in purple shirt

JAM

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your contribution. I inserted a couple of notes in red
Hal said:
Incardonia
Freddy the Beard
Marquez <--- Marco Marquez was not at Derby City, what Marquez are you refering to?
Van Boening
Varner
Deuel
Reyes
Cone
Little John
The cue guy (rare cues) way back in the back ground on page 3 <--- The 'cue guy' is indeed Joe Salazar
Shannon Murphy in the background page 3 with his hat turned around backwards
The Russian <--- Is this guy Russian? He spoke English when conversing with Stalev, who is Russian, so I'm thinking maybe he's not... (?) page 2

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Here's my take

Page 1
pic-1 Darren Appleton, pic-2 Shane VB, pic-3 Jr Jueco,Hennessee's roommate (tennis coach),Angry White, pic-4 Robert Yates, pic-5 Freddy B, Ronnie Allen, Incardona.

page 2
pic-3 Squirrel (Marshall C.), pic-5 Tony Chohan, Nick V., pic-6 Steve McDonald? (red shirt)

page 3
pic-1 Corey, Efren, Chip from Nashville (yellow shirt), pic-5 Little Jon M., Sparky Ferrell, pic-6 Justin Cone, Scott Frost, Joe Salazar

page 4
pic-2 Nick Hickerson, Scooter (in peach shirt), pic-3 Hennessee, Jessica (Henn's gf) Al Autrey (my dad, black hat-left of Henn) Daniel Autrey (me), Fred (cornerman), Cliff Joyner, Dave Broxson, David Uwate (alright, I odn't know you but I figured I'd throw you in), Ronnie Wiseman, Rachel Abbink (beside me-behind light), Jason Kirkwood, JK's hot gf, and others already named.

That's it for me.
D

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is one more small group...JAM, you'll probably get these.

Attachments

• Jan7DCCaction0068.jpg
    Jan7DCCaction0068.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 542