John Schmidt says CTE works after all.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Fair question.
I rediscovered CTE in 2010.......I knew it was CTE but I did not understand all of the inner-workings, not even close, nor did I ever dream of the depth of study that was ahead for me.
In 2012 I rediscovered CTE's connection to a 2x1 table....
In the meantime, I continued my study of the intracasies of vision and pivoting concerning CTE in an effort to have a perfect understanding. I knew CTE worked but I have sought superior and exact explanations......
My mindset of study has never stopped.......
I have been on a near decade-long journey in order to present CTE as it really is at its purest level.......for Hal, for myself, for my family that have witnessed my ugly ordeal and then for everyone else that wants to see real CTE.
My total work with CTE warrants a book. I do not want to kick the bucket with what is in my head. It is not feasible to piecemeal out any info before my book release.......

Stan Shuffett

Sir,

Some of what you say here is understandable, but I have not seen any logical explanation as to just how it is connected to a 2:1 ratio table & you say that you REdiscovered it in 2012. This is 2016.

Also, for how long has the 5 shots been being 'discussed' here?

If you've had logical explanations for these 'issues' all along, then why have you withheld them?

I think your book is an excellent idea, but I certainly hope that you will NOT be "kicking the bucket" any time soon.

Best Wishes for You & Yours.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir,

Some of what you say here is understandable, but I have not seen any logical explanation as to just how it is connected to a 2:1 ratio table & you say that you REdiscovered it in 2012. This is 2016.

If you've had logical explanations for these 'issues' all along, then why have you withheld them?

I think your book is an excellent idea, but I certainly hope that you will NOT be "kicking the bucket" any time soon.

Best Wishes for You & Yours.

I get sick and tired of your word games and interrogations. You flat out turned down an invite to see my work first-hand as it was at the time of my offer.

2010 was my first connection with the real CTE that Hal knew.
2012 was my first awareness that the visuals and pivots of CTE worked only on a 2x1 table. Change the table...system fails.....Change the visuals......system fails.
CTE is a deep subject....Hal's work took 10 years....
It took me eight years to totally understand CTE but I was granted a running start thanks to Hal Houle.......He did not hand anything to me.....clues? YES.....I am glad he chose not to...My appreciation for his genius is a 100 fold.

My appreciation for you and your lack of desire is nothing.....Hal would have never given the likes of you the time of day....Why do I? I have not fully learned that lesson yet!

Let me make one thing clear....my work is NOT for you or anyone else remotely like you.

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Stan, I fully understand your frustration and angst. Over time he does it to everyone.

Here we go again with his same broken record rhetoric about logic copy and pasted exactly as it's been posted time after time by him in hundreds of other posts.

Normally it doesn't take a genius or an idiot any more or less time to figure out they aren't wanted in certain situations. It could be among a group conversing at a private party, an office water cooler chat among employees, a bar with a bunch of people that have like interests who don't want outsiders joining in, and other places.

There have been multiple posts in threads of the aiming forum as well as the main forum directly made toward ENGLISH to STFU already and get the hell OUT. Sure, a forum is open to everyone but most individuals have the common sense to stay away from threads where they aren't well versed and can only be pain in the ass irritants. And he is!

It doesn't sink into his thick skull. Not only does he overstay his welcome, he's not welcome at all but he crashes every CTE thread as if he's doing some kind of service to the world when he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about to those who have learned to use the system. It's the same crap spewing out over and over and over again as a result of irrational and illogical thinking from not ever working with CTE on a pool table.

Yet he thinks it's all logical and everybody else is wrong in the world who does know and use it as taught.

Doesn't get much more insane and illogical than that.

I honestly don't know how he gets around this with the moderators and admin. to be allowed to continue. Some how he's figured out a tactic to be enough of a miserable, despicable, pain in the ass to the point of another member losing their cool and calling him names which is against the rules of the forum. He then immediately reports the post and poster and ends up getting THEM banned but it's never explored prior for his brow beating repetitive posts that are off base and drive people nuts. He's done it with Neil, Cookie, Pat Johnson and probably a few more not coming to mind.

If he isn't ordered to stay out of CTE threads for good, this is going to continue for a long time. He really is like Fast Larry incarnate who destroyed an entire FORUM. His own daughter said he loved to fight, be right, continue to pester as well as beat people down and lie because he was mentally off kilter and delusional. It's deja vu with ENGLISH.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I get sick and tired of your word games and interrogations. You flat out turned down an invite to see my work first-hand as it was at the time of my offer...

Stan Shuffett

I already explained that situation... AGAIN, in post #156.

I guess we will just have to wait for the release of your book for any logical answers & explanations. I hope they are there.

Any due date?

Last edited:

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...SNIP...
He really is like Fast Larry incarnate who destroyed an entire FORUM. His own daughter said he loved to fight, be right, continue to pester as well as beat people down and lie because he was mentally off kilter and delusional. It's deja vu with ENGLISH.

Will Rogers never met ENGLISH! ..............

Jal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Some of what you say here is understandable, but I have not seen any logical explanation as to just how it is connected to a 2:1 ratio table & you say that you REdiscovered it in 2012. This is 2016.

Rick,

I think you've expressed our "skeptics" view very well in several of your posts. Obviously, it's flown over their heads, as always, and made you the devil incarnate in their eyes. Yet, amidst all the vitriol, you've managed to maintain an extraordinary level of patience and civility.

I just want to say that I, for one, am really impressed!

Jim

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Rick,

I think you've expressed our "skeptics" view very well in several of your posts. Obviously, it's flown over their heads, as always, and made you the devil incarnate in their eyes. Yet, amidst all the vitriol, you've managed to maintain an extraordinary level of patience and civility.

Jim

Birds of a feather flock together. And as the two of you are constantly flying over our heads like vultures, the both of you can't get it through your skulls that pool is played on a table with cues, balls, and pockets in the tables. Not in your flawed imagination and then transferred to the keyboard.

He's Fast Larry incarnate who was a human. If some thought Larry was the devil then it would apply.

Seems like you're vying to take his spot if ENGLISH leaves Earth the same way as Larry, or any other way.

How quickly you forget this same divisive cyclonic force you're singing praises for is the "devil" that drove your Lord and Master, Pat Johnson, over the brink because of his constant harangue. Then he reported PJ's posts and got him BANNED. You must have been very impressed when ENGLISH accomplished that feat.

Who would you like to see go bye-bye forever - PJ or ENGLISH? It's obvious Pat can't hack the garbage spewing from him either and they'll never coexist peacefully.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Rick,

Jim

Thanks much, Jim. I sincerely hope that management & others too see it as you do... instead of how some are trying to portray matters.

I also hope that the neutral parties can see the food for thought & do their own thinking when making their own determinations, as well that they should after seeing information from both viewpoints...
and that is ALL that I am trying to do, which is to get individuals to think for themselves & to NOT blindly follow the thinking of others.

A statement of "it works" or "they work" without any caveats attached can & might give an impression of more than what John Schmidt may have intended. Especially since he is merely trusting the opinion of his friend & we do not even know if he has tried it at all or has any idea of what it is actually asserted & claimed to be.

If one is looking for a method or a new method, then I suppose that it can be as good as others & perhaps better in some aspects & possibly a good fit for certain types of individuals.

If one knows or at least has given it some thought that it might not be a truly objective method & knows that it might still require their own subjective individual 'aiming talent' & still wants to pursue using it, then that is exactly what they should do & NO ONE that I know of is trying to stop them from doing so.

I understand why the main proponents here resort to the tactic of incivility & 'attacking' the messenger with vitriol instead of discussing the actual subject matter & specifics at hand.
I think the members, visitors, & general public understand that too, as they have seen such in the political arena for decades.

I also understand when another member occasionally makes a similar type post as they probably see the method for which they paid, are using, or trying to use, as being 'attacked'...
instead of the truth of the matter which is that those like You, I & Others are simply trying to put out the real reasons why one can & those that are having success with it can & are doing so.

I am a bit perplexed though why some want to give the credit to a supposed objective system & take the credit away from what their own human mind & body are capable of accomplishing.

Anyway...

Thanks Again & I hope Management & most neutral others see matters as you do & not as some are trying to portray matters. It is that activity that makes posts necessary as well as the length of some posts.

Best Wishes for You & Yours,
Rick

PS Please do not worry about my mental health. I have been Faithfully & Happily Married to the same Beautiful & Beautiful Heart of a Woman for coming on 35 years & that I have known for 42 years. We have 4 grown 'children'. Three(3) of which are well educated with multiple degrees & the last on his way. We also have a 2 1/2 year old Grandson & another Grandchild due next month. I am well Loved & I have much to live for & do not plan on leaving this life until someone takes me out of it & I sincerely hope that that will be no one but the ONLY One that has any right to take a Life & that Individual is God, because only God can Create a Life from nothing... but His Will alone.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks much, Jim. I sincerely hope that management & others too see it as you do... instead of how some are trying to portray matters.

And I sincerely hope they see it how it really is, which is you running amok on every thread pertaining to CTE, at the expense of others who sincerely want to be able to discuss it freely.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Why is it every time English! posts I hear Charlie Browns teacher.

Wa..wa...wa.....wa.......wa.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Thanks Again & I hope Management & most neutral others see matters as you do & not as some are trying to portray matters. It is that activity that makes posts necessary as well as the length of some posts.

Why don't you create a poll on the main forum and see what the members think?:p

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started this thread because of the supreme sense of irony I saw after reading John Schmidt's retraction of his previous comments about aiming systems in general. Below is the text of the actual comments made by John in the TAR interview (thanks to the tireless efforts of our good friend Lou Figueroa for taking the time to accurately transcribe the entire interchange):

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=283974

John Schmidt: Well, don’t get me started on aiming systems. I’ll tell you if...

Maybe they work... but nobody’s telling me the one’s that work. Because if they work, first of all you’re not factoring in swerve and deflection. OK, now what if a guy comes up with a delivery system, that’s different. But, aiming’s adorable -- but you still have to deliver -- so you could aim perfect. If those aiming systems worked, well there would just be like four million people who played like Corey. But it’s year after year and it’s still Corey.

So these aiming systems are overrated, they’re a way to sell videos and books and make people pontificate about their own greatness and believe me if it worked, then they’d be out there winning tournaments, but they’re not.

What Stevie Moore doesn’t get is -- Stevie Moore -- you could put a bag over his head and he’d run out. He’s a great player. So he’s playing great in spite of his aiming system, not because of it. I mean, think about it: he’s already a great player. He could aim at the wall and he’s still going to make the ball. And it’s a way to give him comfort and confidence. He’s kind of like tricked himself into thinking ‘this aiming system works.’

(John sets up to demonstrate a shot.) I just can’t see how I’m going to use english here and I’m going to aim bottom right english. So I’m aiming out here -- it’s going to squirt. Well, what aiming system is going to work for that?! It’s only going to work with center ball. And you know, all these guys with their aiming systems can get like weight from me. And I don’t use an aiming system.

Corey Duel: Yeah the one that he’s talking about I haven’t been able to comprehend it yet. It’s something about pivoting the back foot and... I don’t know.

John Schmidt: My piece of advice, if anybody cares to the viewers at home: forget all the aiming systems. Just like when you throw a baseball to first, you just do it. Right? There’s no aiming, you do it, you feel it. It’s same with pool. You get a mental picture and you do it. Aiming systems are the most ridiculous, overrated thing...The pros scoff at that stuff, they’re like, ‘aiming systems, really?!’...

If they would quit spending so much time on line and learning about aiming systems and go hit more balls they’d become better players. There’s no short cut to it. Sitting on AZ Billiards looking for aiming systems isn’t going to get it. It’s like the golf swing guys. They got a thousand videos. But the guy that goes to the driving range till his hands bleed, that’s the good golfer. You can’t watch it online and go, ‘oh, there’s got to be a system for hitting a four iron two hundred yards on the green.’ It’s the same with pool. We’ve hit a million pool balls -- that’s our system. I mean, you’re not going to get good at anything using a system.

I could be wrong, I don’t know if I’m right. I just think aiming systems are crazy. Deflection and swerve is what makes this game so tough. If there was no such thing as that, you know you just hit whatever english, but this thing goes sideways off of your stick. That’s why the game’s so impossible.

Note that JS never actually referred to CTE by name, or even implied that it was a pivot-based system (Corey mentioned pivoting, but he ignorantly thought it had to do with pivoting the back foot). John just didn't think aiming systems were helpful (he didn't have much good to say about JD shafts, either, but that's a whole nother can 'o worms).

Although John was obviously completely in the dark regarding how CTE might or might not work, the anti-CTE goon squad jumped on his comments as proof that top pros are anti-CTE. The thread went on for 158 pages over a three year span, and yet there was never a single part of his comments that related to CTE. Just some pro stating that aiming systems were a waste of money was enough to classify his opinion on the matter as "expert".

So now, almost four years after his initial comments he decides to recant his position, and the same crew now says his opinion is invalid since he doesn't use the system... the very same system he didn't use four years ago when his opinion on the subject was golden. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's all I was pointing out - the incredible hypocrisy of those who willingly play both sides against the middle just to get their feeble little voices heard.

If John Schmidt's opinion in not valid now because he doesn't use or understand the system, it was never valid. Nor is the opinion of any lesser player who fails to grasp the simple concepts laid out by Hal Houle and then Stan Shuffett, all because they can't bring it upon themselves to spend 8 hours or so trying to figure it out at the table.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
45 posts by Spider Dave + 23 by Stan = 68
60 post by myself + 8 by Jal/Jim = 68
Two proponents & Two 'skeptics'.
68 to 68...equal.

In the old days, would one say that John Barton was running amok as a proponent just because he may have been the main & most active proponent?

The assertions & claims that are attached to this method are provocative & controversial. To think that it can just go along without being contested is rather naive to say the least.

Just because others decided to be less vocal because of the vitriolic personal attacks by the bully proponents does not mean that I should succumb to the same.

It's very easy to put these matters to rest & perhaps Stan's Book will do that. Until then we are without any reasonable, rational, logical, support of the provocative & controversial assertions & claims.

This thread has over 6,000 views in a relatively short time frame. It is rather obviously a topic that rather many are interested in seeing discussed.

This thread certainly does not seem to have been opened up as a means for proponents to discuss how to implement it or how to use it more effectively or anything of that kind.

The "it works" or "they work" seems to have been used to imply...'as advertised'.

That has been in dispute for nearly 20 years of which I am merely a rookie participant.

Some seem to think that this forum was established for proponents only.

But it was established with an attached statement of, 'Now argue to your hearts content.' or some such similar statement of a similar meaning.

IF it were for positive affirmative comments & statements only would the following one that I have basically made many times fit?

'It is a viable aiming method that has value, BUT... it is not an objective method in it's nature.'

Would that statement that I have basically made numerous times qualify to be made in an affirmative only sub forum or thread?

I'll just stop there as I think most if not all neutral parties reading can see the truth & facts of matters.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
If someone says that ALL aiming methods do not work & are of no value that would include ALL aiming methods. It is an 'argument' in general of the nature of matters.

It is a general statement made based on the principles of the requirements & of what is provided by the methods.

If one says that a specific method works then it would be reasonable to expect the one saying such to have some basis for that statement.

If one were to say some do & some don't then that would be a horse of different color.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
This thread has over 6,000 views in a relatively short time frame. It is rather obviously a topic that rather many are interested in seeing discussed.

Alternate Hypothesis: Maybe a lot of the views are folks curious to see who is going to get banned next.

People slow down and gawk at accidents too.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Rick,

Jim

Jim,

I would like to express the same back to you as you've become a similar target in this thread for doing nothing more than pointing out their vitriolic behavior.

Yet you have not retaliated in any manner.

Regards,
Rick

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Birds of a feather flock together. And as the two of you are constantly flying over our heads like vultures, the both of you can't get it through your skulls that pool is played on a table with cues, balls, and pockets in the tables. Not in your flawed imagination and then transferred to the keyboard.

He's Fast Larry incarnate who was a human. If some thought Larry was the devil then it would apply.

Seems like you're vying to take his spot if ENGLISH leaves Earth the same way as Larry, or any other way.

How quickly you forget this same divisive cyclonic force you're singing praises for is the "devil" that drove your Lord and Master, Pat Johnson, over the brink because of his constant harangue. Then he reported PJ's posts and got him BANNED. You must have been very impressed when ENGLISH accomplished that feat.

Who would you like to see go bye-bye forever - PJ or ENGLISH? It's obvious Pat can't hack the garbage spewing from him either and they'll never coexist peacefully.

Id much rather see you gone forever. All you do is rant. Never anything of substance to add.

But it won't happen since you are part of the protected class.