Fargo Rate site going to die?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Just went there to look up my honorary Nephew's current Fargo (696, BTW) only to see a window saying I should get the app because the site is going to fold.

Bummer...I don't have or want a smart phone. Just a flip phone via trac phone that we use when out and about.to make phone calls. Probably wouldn't have bought that except no pay phones these days. Wife & I call it our $8.33 per month plan..since $100 worth of minutes lasts us more than the year $100 buys.

Well, darn..it was fun while it lasted...

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The site home page does not say anything about it going away, but the player search does say that. However it has been saying that for a while now.

There are a lot of people accessing the internet and using phones for online dealings that don't even use an actual computer, especially in less developed countries, since a phone plus a cell data plan is cheaper than having a computer with internet to house and a phone. The modern phones along with data plans allow a lot of people a cheap, and sometimes only, way to get online, many don't even both with a computer even if they can afford one.

Just for GPS alone I think having a modern phone is well worth it, never mind the fact you have a gaming system, video recorder, camera, music player with access to millions of songs online, social media, instant photo sharing with family and from kids, texting, looking up information, watching movies, watching pool videos, flashlight, banking, mobile check deposit, restaurant finder, you can get a blind date, find where to take them and book a hotel and a wedding all in one place LOL, all in 5-6" wide rectangle. It's a game changer for sure, although it does not make anyone smarter to there is just more stupidity being shared now than ever before and we all have to have a new type of alert to deal with all the crap.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The app doesn’t do top 100, right? That’s only on the website as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else have issues with the player finer on the website? After I type in a name and hit enter I have about 3 to 5 seconds before it craps out. So I have to narrow down the area I’m looking for and swipe really quick to read the numbers. When I first started using it several months ago I had at least 30 seconds each time before it would crap out

Just a friendly tidbit. I read a pretty cool series of books, starting with Altered Carbon. They made them into a show apparently, not sure if it’s good or not but I imagine it will be. If’n in case you haven’t heard.

Last edited:

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else have issues with the player finer on the website? After I type in a name and hit enter I have about 3 to 5 seconds before it craps out. So I have to narrow down the area I’m looking for and swipe really quick to read the numbers. When I first started using it several months ago I had at least 30 seconds each time before it would crap out

i have noticed this behavior a lot as well.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Just went there to look up my honorary Nephew's current Fargo (696, BTW) only to see a window saying I should get the app because the site is going to fold.

Bummer...I don't have or want a smart phone. Just a flip phone via trac phone that we use when out and about.to make phone calls. Probably wouldn't have bought that except no pay phones these days. Wife & I call it our $8.33 per month plan..since $100 worth of minutes lasts us more than the year $100 buys.

Well, darn..it was fun while it lasted...

Unfortunately for you, your flip phone is also going to go away at some point in the near future, as well...cell companies are no longer going to be supporting the old 3G technology they use, so be aware that you'll probably be notified about this in the not-so-distant future...

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The app doesn’t do top 100, right? That’s only on the website as far as I know.

I take it back. If you use the sort and filters right, you can mostly get the same results as the top 100 lists in the app.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm getting a search page

https://fairmatch.fargorate.com/

make sure u have the "s" in https:

https://fargorate.com/

I'm not sure what home page it was that the "warning - going to be discontinued" was at
I'm not seeing anything now, all looks good. I haven't try any search or anything from the public side.

LMS is up and running, loged in, all is good, it's a pretty thing...

I just a couple months ago changed to the smart phone'
I liked my flip phone, so much easier to carry with no worries

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Unfortunately for you, your flip phone is also going to go away at some point in the near future, as well...cell companies are no longer going to be supporting the old 3G technology they use, so be aware that you'll probably be notified about this in the not-so-distant future...

Talked to a trac phone rep...I'm assured I'll still be able to buy a simple to use flip phone from them when the changeover is made. Sorry, but I just don't want a smart phone...all I want to do is make phone calls...

JC

Coos Cues
Fargorate has so much data available that could be made really cool for the end user.

Trouble is the entire system is put together on a shoestring budget. Why? The same reasons pool in general is broke.

It will never reach it's full potential so just accept it for what it does do well. Don't worry be happy. :smile: