Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_4846.jpg
    IMG_4846.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 489

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gonna have to do better than that old pic, figs.

We are treading all over the interwebs and we almost seen it all.

You gotta come with an original.

Hold my beer...I'll show ya.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200406-082122.jpg
    Screenshot_20200406-082122.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 471

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully not more than 30 days from now before I can pick up a cue again- boy do I miss having a home table now! But thankful of my health and sad for those who are suffering greatly. I lost a boyhood friend in NY this week to the virus- I can remember him playing some pool at my home back in 1965 when I had a home table as a youngster. RIP John Mazzucco from Yonkers NY.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully not more than 30 days from now before I can pick up a cue again- boy do I miss having a home table now! But thankful of my health and sad for those who are suffering greatly. I lost a boyhood friend in NY this week to the virus- I can remember him playing some pool at my home back in 1965 when I had a home table as a youngster. RIP John Mazzucco from Yonkers NY.

Sorry for your loss.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So hard to read, much less have been a friend, or his family.

Take care of you and yours, people.

Pool and all the other distractions will wait for us.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doing fine here.

Lou Figueroa

Good to hear.

So far so good here. My table is in my garage, and living in Florida it’s unusable for most months, so this little cold snap we’ve had lately gave me some more needed playing time. Normally I get on a plane every week so it’s been nice being home. Of course I may be divorced soon because she’s not used to me being here messing up the schedule. But I’ve been able to fish almost anytime I want and the snapper, grouper and snook have been very cooperative. Even got a nice blackfin this last weekend. But I can’t wait to get back into the pool room. Stay safe everyone.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Managing.... "essential", they say, so I'm working, seeing multiple customers per day. Some from other parts of the country, alas...

Not concerned for myself so much, far more concerned about bringing something home to the family. All good so far tho. Hopefully the tide will be turning shortly.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
People are doing fine, people are dying from Crona yes, but part of the problem from were I sit is the News Media keep reporting doom & gloom.

We have this guy on AM Radio in the morning, he was talking about who dying and most are already people with high risk medical conditions. So these people are high risk already.

Poor people are at great risk, then people with money. Poor people as a group let do not eat right, do not take care of their health, have high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes. America is getting fatter, and diabetes is growing in our society annually.

Many of these poor people do not have access to medical care, or they do they do not take their Heath seriously. Doctors can not be with you 24/7 to see you do not eat junk, or take medication to control diabetes, or high blood pressure.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can not make they drink.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be doing better if the governor the legislature installed after they overthrew the outsider the voters elected hadn't panicked and locked down the state over the flu.

If not for the long winters I'd leave Missouri and return to Iowa where people have some sense.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gonna have to do better than that old pic, figs.

We are treading all over the interwebs and we almost seen it all.

You gotta come with an original.

Hold my beer...I'll show ya.

It was new to me.

Unlike you, not all of us spend all day hooked up to The Matrix ;-)

Lou Figueroa

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be doing better if the governor the legislature installed after they overthrew the outsider the voters elected hadn't panicked and locked down the state over the flu.

If not for the long winters I'd leave Missouri and return to Iowa where people have some sense.

Guess you're not paying attention. This is NOT the flu; 4% death rate here in the US and 6% worldwide. This thing is no joke.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Well the sad part of the political system is people, elect people, to represent the people. Than the PAC's, Special Intreats, and Lobbiests show up with bag of money to influence the people in office.

Not only happens in Washinton, DC, it happens it little Cities. Special Intrests & their cash make the rules.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's one nice looking room and table setup! Years ago I did the carpet square thing too...works great! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Better now that my table and light are done.

49725546583_f658784cff_c.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's one nice looking room and table setup! Years ago I did the carpet square thing too...works great! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Thanks, Scott!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Well it's been particularly stressful for us. My daughter is a USC grad student (MBA) and was in Costa Rica over spring break. There they had no cases at the time. Or so they thought. She came back with her boyfriend and wanted to come up to stay with us. I asked them to self-isolate for a week. A few days later her and her boyfriend felt sick. She went to USC and tested and came back positive. Her boyfriends brother, who he saw for one evening, also became ill. They quarantined and recovered in about 10 days. She is fully recovered.

My wife, who had 4 ER visits in a two week period for severe atrial fibrillation episodes, including 3 cardioversions (shock), had a surgery scheduled for March 17 for cardiac ablation. They cancelled it the day before to clear way for the mass of expected hospitalizations. Our county shut down on March 18 and had only a couple of hospitalizations. She went into AFIB 9 days ago but we are controlling it with medications. After a few days with this episode, I texted her surgeon and pleaded with him to schedule the operation. He agreed and we are going in tomorrow. Financially I'm fine, no income for awhile but I don't need it.

In my lifetime, I didn't think I would ever see anything like this. We are all going to be washing hands and wearing protective equipment for some time to come. Our country did poorly because we were not expecting or prepared for it. Next time we will be.

Last edited: