Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Machinery and Supplies
Reload this Page Looking for router mount for AXA tool holder

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Looking for router mount for AXA tool holder
Old
  (#1)
JC
Needs Moderation
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Looking for router mount for AXA tool holder - 09-16-2018, 07:37 AM

I want to mount a router pointing directly toward the stock on my metal lathe (perpendicular to the stock) on my AXA tool post for quick usage.

I bought a mount for my Kress router from Preson Jeter a couple years ago and would like something solid and sanitary and quick change like that. I currently don't know how to get a hold of Preston to see if he might be able to help. I found him on FB last time and I don't have FB any more.

I do not have the router to use either so I'm looking to buy the mount and the router to fit it. Something that could be clamped into an AXA tool holder would be ok.

I could use my Kress router by unclamping it from the mount and changing the configuration but want quick change. Just a little laminate router I can throw on there as needed.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

JC

John Chaplin
Coos Cues
jchaplin@charter.net
It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble.
It's what you know that just ain't so.

Old
  (#2)
63Kcode
AKA Larry Vigus
63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2018, 08:00 AM

I use a fordom 5240 with this mount. It works great.

Larry
Attached Images

Not taking orders at this time, Thanks!

Old
  (#3)
63Kcode
AKA Larry Vigus
63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2018, 08:05 AM

The mount came with the Fordom. I don't know where it came from. The OD of the body is .994" so it should fit BXA gun drill holder

Oops just saw you were looking for an AXA holder. The one pictured is for an AXA.
Larry

Not taking orders at this time, Thanks!

Last edited by 63Kcode; 09-16-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Old
  (#4)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

09-16-2018, 09:06 AM

How about variable speed Makita grinder housed in delrin and alumimun?
It is long fwiw.
Can thread and route holes.
Cable is a little rough but works.
$99 plus $20 for shipping.
Attached Images

Old
  (#5)
JC
Needs Moderation
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Kcode View Post
The mount came with the Fordom. I don't know where it came from. The OD of the body is .994" so it should fit BXA gun drill holder

Oops just saw you were looking for an AXA holder. The one pictured is for an AXA.
Larry
I haven't even considered a setup like this Larry. You must have got it used since you don't know who made the mount? A little pricey for what I want to do new and still need to come up with a mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
How about variable speed Makita grinder housed in delrin and alumimun?
It is long fwiw.
Can thread and route holes.
Cable is a little rough but works.
$99 plus $20 for shipping.
That looks like it will do the job but seems a bit large for mounting out toward the operator like I want to do.

I actually have a nice mount with a 2 3/4 id hole but can't find a router to fit it. It came with the Kress router and had a large round wooden shim inside of it to make it fit the router but it didn't tighten up securely with so much wooden shim. If I could get a router that is round and closer to the size of this mount I could make another shim for it.

Thanks

JC

John Chaplin
Coos Cues
jchaplin@charter.net

Old
  (#6)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I haven't even considered a setup like this Larry. You must have got it used since you don't know who made the mount? A little pricey for what I want to do new and still need to come up with a mount.

That looks like it will do the job but seems a bit large for mounting out toward the operator like I want to do.

I actually have a nice mount with a 2 3/4 id hole but can't find a router to fit it. It came with the Kress router and had a large round wooden shim inside of it to make it fit the router but it didn't tighten up securely with so much wooden shim. If I could get a router that is round and closer to the size of this mount I could make another shim for it.

Thanks

JC
Kress is much smaller. I used a delrin sleeve .
Makita router is 2.550".
Can you make a Delrin sleeve ?

Old
  (#7)
JC
Needs Moderation

09-16-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Kress is much smaller. I used a delrin sleeve .
Makita router is 2.550".
Can you make a Delrin sleeve ?
Which router is that size Joey? I think I can make that work.

Thanks

JC

John Chaplin
Coos Cues
jchaplin@charter.net

Old
  (#8)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

09-16-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Which router is that size Joey? I think I can make that work.

Thanks

JC
Makita variable speed palm router.
makita-rt0701

Old
  (#9)
JC
Needs Moderation

09-16-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Makita variable speed palm router.
makita-rt0701
Well it turns out the answer was right under my nose. Bosch colt fits the mount I have like a glove. The reason I say right under my nose is because I have one already on the shaft machine I built so I took it out and tried it on.

Sorry for needing you guys to make my mind work.

Will send off for another one of these routers and problem solved nicely.

Name:  _DSC3599.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  69.8 KB

JC

John Chaplin
Coos Cues
jchaplin@charter.net

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: