Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Rich Champion! The million dollar man!

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Rich Champion! The million dollar man!
Old
  (#1)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Rich Champion! The million dollar man! - 09-16-2018, 12:22 PM

"Rich Champion is just about the hottest thing on four legs these days.

The rodeo star (full name: Richmond Champion) won bareback titles this year and last year at the Calgary Stampede and fully lived up to his fantastic name when he became the first to ever to win a million bucks in a single day's riding."

I had no idea there was that kind of money in that sport!

An interesting profile and recorded interview, here.

Pic from his winning riding at the Calgary Stampede:

Richmond Champion, seen here winning the bareback finals at this year's Calgary Stampede, joins the POV podcast to talk about how sudden fame and success can throw a guy off his game every bit as fast as any bronco. (Jeff McIntosh / The Canadian Press)

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

-- Garry Kasparov

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”

-- Galatians 6:7

Old
  (#2)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-16-2018, 12:52 PM

When a guy quit sleeping with his sister, many things lose their appeal.....such as "rolling coal" for the diesel guys.......roasting tires for the rednecks driving daddy's mustang (car)....country music, just because there's not enough budweiser in this world to make that racket sound any better than rap.....and last but not least, dressing up as fictitious figures from the 'old west' and riding farm animals...

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

Old
  (#3)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2018, 01:52 PM

I don’t think it surprising that a rodeo rider becomes wealthy...
...getting a lotta bucks comes with the territory

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

https://www.facebook.com/skriptik/?ref=page_internal POOL PENS

Old
  (#4)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-16-2018, 02:31 PM

If the story was he made $1 million through a whole season of many wins, I wouldn't be that surprised.

This $1 million for just one (even a big one I have heard of) did surprise the heck out of me.

The last two times I went to Las Vegas for the Mosconi Cup, the national final event for rodeo was in town.

I noticed the women were handsome, and that sea of 10 gallon Stetsons was sure pretty. And the cowboys sure loved to gamble.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

-- Garry Kasparov

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”

Old
  (#5)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

09-16-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
When a guy quit sleeping with his sister, many things lose their appeal.....such as "rolling coal" for the diesel guys.......roasting tires for the rednecks driving daddy's mustang (car)....country music, just because there's not enough budweiser in this world to make that racket sound any better than rap.....and last but not least, dressing up as fictitious figures from the 'old west' and riding farm animals...
I never had to grow out of many things, when I never much liked them from jump street.

So what do you think about guys making left hand turns at very high speeds for a couple of hours?

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#6)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-16-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post

So what do you think about guys making left hand turns at very high speeds for a couple of hours?
My bad, I can't believe I forgot to add NASCAR to the little comparison!

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

Old
  (#7)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

09-16-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
My bad, I can't believe I forgot to add NASCAR to the little comparison!

I can't say I disagree with any of that.

-- Garry Kasparov

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: