Ipro slim

seanandnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone try the new McDermott I-pro or I-pro slim ?i-pro is 12.5mm, I’m thinking of the slim for 3 cushion, it is fat carom taper and 12mm. available with uniloc joint to fit my molinari p3.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone try the new McDermott I-pro or I-pro slim ?i-pro is 12.5mm, I’m thinking of the slim for 3 cushion, it is fat carom taper and 12mm. available with uniloc joint to fit my molinari p3.

I can't tell you how good they are for 3 Cushion but I did not like them when I tried them for pool, not as much feedback as I get with other cues, especially OBs and the custom LD shafts I own. Carom cues tend to be stiffer though correct? If that is the case, it may be something you'd like.

localredhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't tell you how good they are for 3 Cushion but I did not like them when I tried them for pool, not as much feedback as I get with other cues, especially OBs and the custom LD shafts I own. Carom cues tend to be stiffer though correct? If that is the case, it may be something you'd like.

After receiving mine and shooting it for a few games I came to the same conclusion.

IMHO the Ipro slim shaft feels dead and hollow. The hit is very unsatisfactory - like I hit the ball with a hollow tube without a tip. The stock alpha tip was not that great either IMO. Perhaps a new tip would help.. but I doubt it.

While it may be an LD shaft, it had deflection that was easily perceived after shooting with OB 1 and 2 both with the wood ferrule. Compared to my 31" Meucci ultimate weapon pro shaft the iPro slim feels dead and it seems hard to produce the desired amount of action with it.

I probably need to give it more time but that dead/hollow feeling made me hate it.