Mark Gregory Table

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First I hope Mark is continuing to recover from his recent health issues and comes back better than ever!

Yesterday I went to Speakeasy Billiards in Sanford NC after hearing that they had recently reopened. The real reason for this was I heard that the owner Jimmy had Mark Gregory come up and rebuild two Gold Crown 5 tables there.

All I can say is holy mutha of god do his tables play great!!!!!!!!!!! I have played pool since 1966 and NEVER played on a more perfect table anywhere, anytime. I believe the corner pockets were under 4 inches and at first found them slightly intimidating, just to look at. After warming up and getting used to them I was in love. Yes sir true pool love, totally smitten!

The rails rebound perfectly, the pockets will take the ball, green Simonis stretched exactly.

If you ever get the chance to play on one of his tables go do it. For me it was a 75 mile round trip that I will be making many more times!

My hat is off to Mark for his outstanding work and to Jimmy the owner for spending the money to bring him up here. Jimmy told me he had seen enough BS work by other mechanics over the years and that is the reason he brought Mark here. Jimmy has plans to bring Mark back for more work on his other tables in the future.

All my best to you Mark, hope your back soon!:thumbup:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played on a couple too and echo your 'wow'.

I was in SC and started messing around on one...played so well that a couple guys came up and asked if I wanted action...when i said i would do something, both asked for silly spots.

I let them watch me play with myself.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have played on a couple too and echo your 'wow'.

I was in SC and started messing around on one...played so well that a couple guys came up and asked if I wanted action...when i said i would do something, both asked for silly spots.

I let them watch me play with myself.

is that how you got your screen name??:rolleyes:
coudnt resist..no offense intended...:grin:

First I hope Mark is continuing to recover from his recent health issues and comes back better than ever!

Yesterday I went to Speakeasy Billiards in Sanford NC after hearing that they had recently reopened. The real reason for this was I heard that the owner Jimmy had Mark Gregory come up and rebuild two Gold Crown 5 tables there.

All I can say is holy mutha of god do his tables play great!!!!!!!!!!! I have played pool since 1966 and NEVER played on a more perfect table anywhere, anytime. I believe the corner pockets were under 4 inches and at first found them slightly intimidating, just to look at. After warming up and getting used to them I was in love. Yes sir true pool love, totally smitten!

The rails rebound perfectly, the pockets will take the ball, green Simonis stretched exactly.

If you ever get the chance to play on one of his tables go do it. For me it was a 75 mile round trip that I will be making many more times!

My hat is off to Mark for his outstanding work and to Jimmy the owner for spending the money to bring him up here. Jimmy told me he had seen enough BS work by other mechanics over the years and that is the reason he brought Mark here. Jimmy has plans to bring Mark back for more work on his other tables in the future.

All my best to you Mark, hope your back soon!:thumbup:

Thank you...and yes I’m feeling better everyday......I’ve got 2 more sets of rails I’m working on for Jimmy....plus 2 LED Brunswick lights I’m making for him as well.
I’ll come and set the 2 tables up and hang the lights....around November.
Again thank you.

Mark Gregory

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you...and yes I’m feeling better everyday......I’ve got 2 more sets of rails I’m working on for Jimmy....plus 2 LED Brunswick lights I’m making for him as well.
I’ll come and set the 2 tables up and hang the lights....around November.
Again thank you.

Mark Gregory

Thanks for the reply Mark. I am happy to hear your feeling better. Please let me know when your coming, I'd like to meet you if it's possible. The tables are awesome. Hell I might even take up one pocket just so I can play on Jimmy's one pocket table!!

Scottp3737

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Gregory

Having spent some time with Mark,all I have to say is that he is hands down amazing. I've never seen such attention to detail and precision craftsmanship ever before. I hope he is doing well and miss spending time with him.