Anyone in New Jersey who can or know someone who can engrave my new cue

TheCutMaster

Registered
Hi All,

I just purchased a new cue but the place forgot to put my engraving in it when they were doing the other custom work. I don't want to put the cue in the mail again and risk damage.

Are there any fellow New Jersey guys/girls on here who know of any place that does engravings? I wanted to drive it to a billiards place (called a few places around me and they just buy/sell) rather then going to some kiosk at the mall.

Any help would be appreciated!

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Engrave the butt cap? A finished cue will have to be refinished over the engraving. If the butt cap is delrin or some other type man made material, it could possibly be laser engraved. Best bet is to send it back to the maker.

TheCutMaster

Registered
Engrave the butt cap? A finished cue will have to be refinished over the engraving. If the butt cap is delrin or some other type man made material, it could possibly be laser engraved. Best bet is to send it back to the maker.

Yes it would be the butt cap. I just wanted to get my initials cause I saw 3 cues returned to their correct owners because of engravings. Not to say that will stop anyone with bad intentions...

I just called up and was told they would do the engraving through the finish and then fill it in. No refinishing necessary.

I am not entirely sure what "fill it in" means but i made sure to specifically ask if the cue would need to be refinished and they responded with that.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it would be the butt cap. I just wanted to get my initials cause I saw 3 cues returned to their correct owners because of engravings. Not to say that will stop anyone with bad intentions...

I just called up and told they would do the engraving through the finish and then fill it in. No refinishing necessary.

I am not entirely sure what "fill it in" means but i made sure to specifically ask if they cue would need to be refinished and they responded with that.

Scratch something on a desk, take some putty and rub it in the scratch, that is "filling it in", in a rough ugly way.

It's a good idea for the engraving as long as it's not a cue you are going to be looking to resell at some point, would sure make selling it stolen harder.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Go to any Trophy Shop. They can engrave the butt cap. They have special paints to fill lettering. Gold, Silver or any color you want.

TheCutMaster

Registered
Scratch something on a desk, take some putty and rub it in the scratch, that is "filling it in", in a rough ugly way.

It's a good idea for the engraving as long as it's not a cue you are going to be looking to resell at some point, would sure make selling it stolen harder.

I'm assuming that with engraving it would have to be some sort of clear coat so you can see the initials once its complete. I doubt I will sell this but if I can't find anything local in my state then I will likely scrap the idea all together.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the engraving you've got in mind?
Your name, initials, or an expresssion, ex. Semper Fi.

I'm not really curious but the amount of lettering has some bearing.
As was pointed out, you do not want to screw up any clear coat.

I've mainly used initals for my cues and always in the cue butt only.
My cues' butts are made of ivory and also delrin and initials work great.

Personally, I'd just call the cue-maker and ask him for his advice.
I think a jeweler would do the best job as they work on precious items.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any good roadside tattoo parlor. ;)

Everybody knows you find the best ink slingers in flea market parking lots. :thumbup:

djsC95z.jpg

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
What is the engraving you've got in mind?
Your name, initials, or an expresssion, ex. Semper Fi.

I'm not really curious but the amount of lettering has some bearing.
As was pointed out, you do not want to screw up any clear coat.

I've mainly used initals for my cues and always in the cue butt only.
My cues' butts are made of ivory and also delrin and initials work great.

Personally, I'd just call the cue-maker and ask him for his advice.
I think a jeweler would do the best job as they work on precious items.

if you would just read what the op has written you would have the answers you seek, grasshopper. :rolleyes:

TheCutMaster

Registered
Go to any Trophy Shop. They can engrave the butt cap. They have special paints to fill lettering. Gold, Silver or any color you want.

I will have to see if there are any close by and if they have done any cues before. The last thing I want is a 15 dollar service ruining my expensive cue.

Everybody knows you find the best ink slingers in flea market parking lots. :thumbup:

djsC95z.jpg

LMAO thank you for that Chuck. Thankfully I wasn't drinking when I saw this like others were.