Possible to identify the age of a pool table?

Luposian

Registered
I have a used 7' Connelly Prescott w/ Queen Anne legs. It has three pieces of 1" Ardesia Biggio slate (OIS). Rectangular nameplate. Light Oak finish. Was told by the seller that it's probably from around 2000 (and may have had more than one previous owner), which would make it 19 yrs. old, if true. Is there any way to actually positively identify when a table was made (within just a single year, not a specific date)? Seems that no owner's manual or documentation exists for high end pool tables. Don't know why. I should think that would be a good thing to have.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a used 7' Connelly Prescott w/ Queen Anne legs. It has three pieces of 1" Ardesia Biggio slate (OIS). Rectangular nameplate. Light Oak finish. Was told by the seller that it's probably from around 2000 (and may have had more than one previous owner), which would make it 19 yrs. old, if true. Is there any way to actually positively identify when a table was made (within just a single year, not a specific date)? Seems that no owner's manual or documentation exists for high end pool tables. Don't know why. I should think that would be a good thing to have.
They still make it. About 4grand for a new 7ft. Its probably marked somewhere with a build date. Connelly is owned by Valley/Dynamo now.

Luposian

Registered
They still make it. About 4grand for a new 7ft. Its probably marked somewhere with a build date. Connelly is owned by Valley/Dynamo now.

I've tried talking to Craig Connelly and Connelly Billiards, but so far nothing conclusive. If the guy who started Connelly Billiards and the designed the pool tables can't tell me, how would it be possible for Valley Dynamo to? They wouldn't know more than the originators of the pool table, could they?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried talking to Craig Connelly and Connelly Billiards, but so far nothing conclusive. If the guy who started Connelly Billiards and the designed the pool tables can't tell me, how would it be possible for Valley Dynamo to? They wouldn't know more than the originators of the pool table, could they?
You'd think it would have a date-code/serial# or something. Is it together? Some home tables are marked on bottom of slate or slate backing.

Luposian

Registered
You'd think it would have a date-code/serial# or something. Is it together? Some home tables are marked on bottom of slate or slate backing.

It was assembled by the guys at SureShot Billiards (Phoenix, AZ area; we live in Sierra Vista, AZ (yeah, that trip rang the price up a wee bit ($700) higher), who had it for an amazing $1,199!!! Couldn't believe it! But never saw any numbers or date codes or anything anywhere. I'll look again underneath. I watched them assemble it (fascinating process!) and took pictures of the slate (Ardesia Biggio) and the Simonis 860 cloth I upgraded to. But never saw anything else that caught my attention.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was assembled by the guys at SureShot Billiards (Phoenix, AZ area; we live in Sierra Vista, AZ (yeah, that trip rang the price up a wee bit ($700) higher), who had it for an amazing $1,199!!! Couldn't believe it! But never saw any numbers or date codes or anything anywhere. I'll look again underneath. I watched them assemble it (fascinating process!) and took pictures of the slate (Ardesia Biggio) and the Simonis 860 cloth I upgraded to. But never saw anything else that caught my attention.
Just curious: why so important to know build date? Nice table but not in the collectible category. Just wonderin'.

Luposian

Registered
Just curious: why so important to know build date? Nice table but not in the collectible category. Just wonderin'.

I think because I want to take pride in something like this table. And you can take a certain amount of pride in just HAVING a quality table, but knowing the history behind it, makes it all the better. That's all.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried talking to
Azbilliards forum
but so far nothing conclusive. If the guy who started Connelly... and the designed the pool tables can't tell me, how would it be possible for
Azbilliards forum
to? They wouldn't know more than the originators of the pool table, could they?

Last edited:

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've tried talking to
Azbilliards forum
but so far nothing conclusive. If the guy who started Connelly... and the designed the pool tables can't tell me, how would it be possible for
Azbilliards forum
to? They wouldn't know more than the originators of the pool table, could they?

I see what ya did there. Brian.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One on my faves

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190906-102243.jpg
    Screenshot_20190906-102243.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 316

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Tell all your visitors it's from June 27, 2003. It was Willie Mosconi's 90th birthday.

Nobody will know and it's at least mildly interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Luposian

Registered
Sorry for the small pic (if you’re trying to zoom in for detail). This site only allows really small files. I normally send large, for detail.