Why Pivot?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who started it, Mr. NO CLASS?

Pat Johnson posted:

That's only one of the problems with this "bet". As usual, it has nothing to do with demonstrating the truth of anything - just the usual dick-swinging "who plays better" challenge about nothing, because that's all they understand. If they were arguing with Einstein about Relativity they'd challenge him to an arm wrestling match.

pj
chgo

Spin it and twist it. Use the distraction technique. Change the subject. Place blame on someone else to get the focus off you.

You're a pro at it. You're also a pro at backpedalling faster than Lance Armstrong could pedal forward.

Are you ready and willing to take the bet with Low500 or Stan? If not, you know what you can do and where you can go. (more places than one)

Spider, I believe you are the one who changed the subject when you challenged Pat to play two other guys (not yourself). Can you explain to Low what Pat's original proposition was, since you seem to be the only one he doesn't have on ignore yet? Do you understand Pat's proposition? I'm sure you do so at least fill Low in so he stops looking foolish. Thanks.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spider, please get to Low in a private message before he makes another post. This is embarrassing. Not to mention, he might just start talking about dames and zoot suits with red carnations and spats and brass knuckles and tommy guns just to keep everything on the level, see? Just make it stop.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Yeah, it's called playing pool before you can walk and living in a pool hall your entire life. That's the secret. Pool is the national pastime in the PI and it is ubiquitous. It's putting in the table time, HAMB.

Efren does not pivot.
And he was the Karambola King of the Philippines for a while before they told him he can longer participate in the tournament .
https://youtu.be/8HanjQHbvpU?t=5
He said balkline was his best game . Not pool.
And he told me he was at his best playing billiards before 1980.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren does not pivot.
And he was the Karambola King of the Philippines for a while before they told him he can longer participate in the tournament .
https://youtu.be/8HanjQHbvpU?t=5
He said balkline was his best game . Not pool.
And he told me he was at his best playing billiards before 1980.

Mesmerizing. I couldn't stop watching that. I think I like it better than 3 cushion for some reason.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...what he posted is very clear
Apparently not. I'm pretty sure it'll never be clear for you, but for others who might be interested:

To make a spotted ball into a 4.5" corner pocket, you have to hit a "contact area" on the ball that's about 1/16" wide - that's your margin of error for the 2.25" of pocket slop.

To hit that 1/16" contact area from anywhere in a 90-degree arc around the ball (for a left or right cut) you'd have to use about 25 separate CB/OB alignments. Your 3-angle system represents about 1/8 of those.

This is true for you, me, Efren or a robot - it has nothing to do with your personal percentage of success shooting from anywhere you want. That would prove nothing but your own shooting ability.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
No pivot. Just a very sightly wonky stroke that works for him. Many champions have had huge honking swarps in their strokes.

Watch some clips of Willie Hoppe — can you see the pivot, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Efren pivots to aim those billiards.