The GOAT's cue??

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching the AsianCulture event and was wondering what cue Efren is using? Some kind of wrapless full-splice. Anybody know? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDk9a3Bpf7oDid a little checking and found that the cue in question is the Diveney fullspice. Sames as the one in the DCC '15 pics.

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is from a few days ago when Efren was doing a exhibition at Club Billiards in Wichita, Kansas

Efren 2018.jpg.................

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Efren been using that cue for a couple years....
I read somewhere a Joel Davidas cue

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just my 0.2 worth, but I`m thinking Efren could use a broomstick with an elk master tip & kick the crap outta alot of players. Damn he can play Always enjoy watching Youtube videos of Efren.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Efren ever had a cue that he was known for. Some players were known to use a single brand cue for years (usually Joss or Meucci), never heard of Efren's name be associated with a single cue brand. I think he used whatever cue he liked that day and from some stories I read, to help a cuemaker by using their product.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Efren ever had a cue that he was known for. Some players were known to use a single brand cue for years (usually Joss or Meucci), never heard of Efren's name be associated with a single cue brand. I think he used whatever cue he liked that day and from some stories I read, to help a cuemaker by using their product.

Which suggests perhaps...just maybe

Diveney cues are excellent.

Thanks, Pat!

Shhhhhh.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Afaik, Efren plays with a cue one collector contracts him to play with. With the agreement that that collector buys it from here after.
He's playing with full splice Diveney now afaik.

Efren has played with a Jessie cue ( the infamous cheap, long and very forward heavy cue ), Meucci ( one year under contract ) , lots of Judds after that and Mezz.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren with a dowel stick is better than me (and damn hear anybody else) with a Balabushka. Face it fans, he walks on water.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Equipment-wise, Efren is a testament and a constant reminder that all you need is a cue that feels right, MAYBE dead straight & a tip that feels great when shooting.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my 0.2 worth, but I`m thinking Efren could use a broomstick with an elk master tip & kick the crap outta alot of players. Damn he can play Always enjoy watching Youtube videos of Efren.
I agree, especially if that elkmaster has been through Jeffs hands.
Hope all is well with you Jeff, I'm still playing them, the best!

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
"Just my 0.2 worth, but I`m thinking Efren could use a broomstick with an elk master tip & kick the crap outta alot of players."

and in fact Efren said that he uses Elkmaster in an interview with Sam Diepp.

now broomstick without a tip, then we're Starting to work towards a spot...

... if he uses the brushy end, maybe.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol @ Black-Balled!

Before he completely hangs them up, I would like to see him play 2 or 3 tourneys or exhibition matches using a Revo.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

Judd Fuller, with the "Efren Reyes" taper