Action at Snookers in Providence, RI

1pktfool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering if anyone knew how easy it is to find a game at Snookers in Providence, Rhode Island. Are there players there who play other games besides 8- or 9-ball, like one pocket or banks? Not looking for monster players, just a serious game.

Joe T

1pktfool said:
Just wondering if anyone knew how easy it is to find a game at Snookers in Providence, Rhode Island. Are there players there who play other games besides 8- or 9-ball, like one pocket or banks? Not looking for monster players, just a serious game.
Man I'm sure you could have found a game there yesterday, haven't seen it like that in quite a while. Everything from tournament matches to 1k sets, I had a guy that had me stuck 2 sets )cheap) and called it even to play another guy! Wierd day.
Not really any bank pool action but a little 1p, and obviosly 8,9&10B.
Monday night 8 ball tournament handicapped 20-30 players, Wed night 9b, slight handicap 5,4 with 30-50 players, Thursday night 14.1 league, Tues 8b league, Fri & Sat night loud but some action & Sunday is free pool with good crowds lately.

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go down to Snooker's on Wednesday night. Plenty of player's for the tournament and I'm sure you could find some action.

1pktfool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the replies guys. If I came on a weekend during the day, would there usually be someone to play one pocket with, or would I need to set this up ahead of time? Any good one pocket players we might have heard of that play out of Snookers or nearby halls?

I'm located in the Boston area, so I'd want to be pretty sure of being able to get a one pocket match before I headed down there unless there was also a tournament going on. Obviously, any halls between Boston and Providence with one pocket action would also be interesting.

Jimt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Snooker's opens at 6:00 pm except Wednesday when it opens at 5:00 pm.

1pktfool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good call JimT. I didn't catch that Snookers wasn't open on Saturday during the day. Looks like they open at noon on Sunday though.

Dagwoodz

the dude abides...
Silver Member
Dave in Boston said:
Billy the Kid plays one pocket there he might play

good luck trying to get Billy in a game cheaply though. He likes to play higher....