• any cue with a hard leather tip

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • I have another recommendation, .....

Votes: 36 64.3%

• Total voters

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I am on verge of purchasing a break or jump/break cue. I have done a search on the forum and also have been offered a couple of options, but I have not decided on any.

I will use the cue to break mainly, I don't want to jump so the jump function can be ignore when you give me recommendations, just focus on which cue breaks better, in your experience.

Also, I don't like to use phenolic tips for break cues, can I use others? I learned that Samsara break tip is leather, which is very good to me. Also, Kamui Hard tips are plenty in my region, can I use it to break, too?

In the pool are only options that are available to me at the moment.

And I prefer customs to production, also.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Cuong.

Last edited:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Mezz PB with deep impact pro or the Predator BK2 seem to be the main choices at the higher levels of play.... BK3 comes out soon but I do not know the dates....

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
JJ Spark Break.
One piece. Breaks like a monster.
Only like $100.

Mezz PB with deep impact pro or the Predator BK2 seem to be the main choices at the higher levels of play.... BK3 comes out soon but I do not know the dates....

thanks for your inputs, at this stage, I personally prefer customs to productions. I prefer Mezz to Predator, also.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am on verge of purchasing a break or jump/break cue. I have done a search on the forum and also have been offered a couple of options, but I have not decided on any.

I will use the cue to break mainly, I don't want to jump so the jump function can be ignore when you give me recommendations, just focus on which cue breaks better, in your experience.

Also, I don't like to use phenolic tips for break cues, can I use others? I learned that Samsara break tip is leather, which is very good to me. Also, Kamui Hard tips are plenty in my region, can I use it to break, too?

In the pool are only options that are available to me at the moment.

And I prefer customs to production, also.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Cuong.

If you spend a second and do a search you should find plenty of info as
this has come up many times before. Good Luck

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recommend a Samsara Break Cue. They have a great tip but the whole set up is the best that I have tried. And it looks great. The people are great to deal with. And on AZ you can lookup jazznpool he offers a great set for a good price.

M4verick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can recommend Mcdermott stinger, got it and love the hard tip for breaking and jumping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best for Breaking

OB Break cue has the stiffness (4 laminated parts make up the butt) and they use the Samsara super hard leather tip. the butt also has a compound taper (meaning that the grip area is the same constant flatness instead of the slope of the taper).

djpstacked03

Student of Billiards
Silver Member
OB Break cue hits like a champ! Leather Samsara hits hard but still provides control. Little pricey but worth it.

junrong94

Banned
Out of all the replies, i still think Gino ferrari is the best break for the bucks. I break, the rack burst, cue ball controlled, 2 ball average potted and spent only 60USD. What more can be asked for!

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mike Gulyassy's Orange Crusher

Haven't [yet] tried an Anvil, but another product from Mike Gulyassy -- the Orange Crusher -- is my favorite break cue!

I have it in 21oz, and I have to tell you, because of the weight distribution (it's rearward weighted), it doesn't feel like 21oz. Because the weight sits balanced in your grip hand, you can really swing it! It doesn't feel like you're pushing a heavy steel bolt or lathing rod through your bridge hand, as forward-weighted cues feel. Ka-pow!

The Orange Crusher's tip is a phenolic ferrule with a Samsara tip. The beauty is that even though this is a dedicated break cue, it can be used for full-cue jump shots, with spin (e.g. jump-draw).

Since Mike sold out of the Orange Crushers and appears to no longer be making more, I imagine he transferred all the great qualities of the Orange Crusher into the Anvil. I don't know for sure, but I'd like to test an Anvil one day...

-Sean

TheThaiger

Banned
Haven't [yet] tried an Anvil, but another product from Mike Gulyassy -- the Orange Crusher -- is my favorite break cue!

I have it in 21oz, and I have to tell you, because of the weight distribution (it's rearward weighted), it doesn't feel like 21oz. Because the weight sits balanced in your grip hand, you can really swing it! It doesn't feel like you're pushing a heavy steel bolt or lathing rod through your bridge hand, as forward-weighted cues feel. Ka-pow!

The Orange Crusher's tip is a phenolic ferrule with a Samsara tip. The beauty is that even though this is a dedicated break cue, it can be used for full-cue jump shots, with spin (e.g. jump-draw).

Since Mike sold out of the Orange Crushers and appears to no longer be making more, I imagine he transferred all the great qualities of the Orange Crusher into the Anvil. I don't know for sure, but I'd like to test an Anvil one day...

-Sean

I thought forward weighted cues felt less heavy than their rear weighted counterparts?

DrOnePocket

Banned
Of your list, I like all of the Gilberts I have had. They are the best all around playing/breaking cue for sure.

The original Jerico Stinger, The BK2, and the Mace by Rick howard are all better break cues

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Thank you very much for your inputs, guys. I have made up my mind on the break cue. I don't like to jump as I see no beauty in jumping, so I will go with a break-only cue. And I have chosen.

Thanks again,
Cuong.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought forward weighted cues felt less heavy than their rear weighted counterparts?

I was referring to the bridge hand. A forward-weighted cue pushes this weight forward such that you "feel it" more in the bridge hand, vs. the grip hand. To me, a forward-weighted cue "feels like" I'm pushing a heavy steel bolt through it. By contrast, a rearward-weighted cue puts most of that weight into the grip hand, to more emulate the feel of a pendulum in that grip hand/arm.

-Sean

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I use a Mezz Power Break Pro with a DI Pro shaft and I have to say I am very happy with it.