Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
another one you can have fun with is to place an object ball on the footspot and place the cueball touching that object ball, the cueball toward the headspot. this is the starting position.

now kick the cueball a minimum of 3 rails trying to pot the object ball in the bottom corner. If you don't make the ball in the pocket, it's your opponents turn.

keep alternating until someone pots the ball and wins a point.

on scratches, just place the cueball back on the footspot and shoot for the object ball wherever it is to again go in that same pocket.

this will def help your kicking game and the pace is fast and not boring at all.

EDIT: for clarification, the object ball stays wherever it gets moved to while the players keep alternating shots until the ob gets potted. Then, start over.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
confessions-of-an-opium-eater-one-sheet-1962.jpg

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
another one you can have fun with is to place an object ball on the footspot and place the cueball touching that object ball, the cueball toward the headspot. this is the starting position.

now kick the cueball a minimum of 3 rails trying to pot the object ball in the bottom corner. If you don't make the ball in the pocket, it's your opponents turn.

keep alternating until someone pots the ball and wins a point.

on scratches, just place the cueball back on the footspot and shoot for the object ball wherever it is to again go in that same pocket.

this will def help your kicking game and the pace is fast and not boring at all.

EDIT: for clarification, the object ball stays wherever it gets moved to while the players keep alternating shots until the ob gets potted. Then, start over.

best,

brian kc

Nice. I'll have to try that one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So last night I was playing in a local 8ball bar box tournament (I won by the way!) and as I was waiting to play my next game one of the tables wasn't being played on but it had a couple balls on it left over from the last game. Here's what I dreamed up.

This kicking game is played with two balls, the cue ball and one other random ball. The cue ball starts out being spotted on the head spot. The other ball starts out being spotted on the foot spot. You have to send the cue ball to a minimum of two rails then make contact with the ball (nothing has to hit a rail after contact, just kick a minimum of two rails and make contact). If you kick two rails and hit the ball it's a point, if you kick three rails and hit the ball it's two points, four rails and hit the ball it's three points and so on. If the cue ball is scratched, you deduct a point and the cue ball is spotted on the head spot, next players turn. If the ball is accidentally pocketed it's simply spotted on the foot spot. No deduction, next players turn.

I know absolutely nothing about carom or billiards which I think this game might sound a little similar?

All I know is I was bored waiting for my next game and dreamed this up. AND once I got two or three more people in on it the money was flowing. We were playing each point is a dollar. As I was leaving one of the guys said "hey when are we going to meet up at your house to play some more kick pool?". Good times.

Thanks y'all, John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played a very similar game.

Balls start in the same spots you mentioned. Minimum 2 rail kicks, and 1 point for every successful kick.

The only differences were, you didn't get extra points for going more than 2 rails, and you would lose a point every time you didn't hit the object ball.

First person to 8 points wins.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The late George "Ginky" Sansouci, BCA Open and Derby City 9-ball Champion, used to include in every practice a rack in which he broke a nine ball rack, spotted anything that went in, and shot until he had kicked all the balls in, not necessarily in order. He found it a fun way to practice kicking and anything you can do to make kicking fun is a good thing.

The game the original poster has invented sounds like fun to me.