?? Dean Martin's ginacue ??

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
Hello. While searching on the internet I ran across an article is Sports Illustrated from August 5 1968.It was a story of Ernie and it had a segment mentioning a group of Hollywood Matrons who were Board of Directors for SHARE who were looking for a gift to give Dean as thanks for helping out in three Charity events. They decided to have Ernie to make a cue to give to Dean. I believe this cue was mentioned by Kvinbrwr in the "holy grail of cues" thread. just wondering if anyone knows where this cue is or if any members here have seen the cue and can comment on it. It would be nice to see a photo as well.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cur

Ernie himself says he’d like to know where that cue is.....
Whom knows...? Maybe he’s buried with it....

Rob.M

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once took Ernie and JJ out for pzza with my daughter Kelly and myself
back when she was about 8 years old when Ernie was preparing for a
return to cue making.

He told us several stories about his previous experiences with cues.
A rather unusual one involved Ernie making a cue for Frank Sinatra,
after he gave the cue to Frank in the presence of several female groupies
Ernie described turning to walk away as Frank gave the cue to one of the
girls. Needless to say,Ernie felt disappointment.

I really believe ernie has contributed to most of the really beautiful designs,
the 8 point cue with cloverleaves was on my mind when I drew up a design for
Petersen,Libra and later the schon tributes.

When I saw ernies silver and Ivory wrapped cue,I was inspired to commission
Jerry Franklin,Paul Mottey,Paul Drexler,,Tim scruggs,Padget and possibly others
to make ivory wrap cues.

When i saw the box cue that Will Prout now has that Ernie made for Eddie Kelly,

If you find the Dean Martin cue, i hope to see at least a picture of it.
I really enjoy hearing Dean Martin sing, My mother loved to hear his
music on our old record player

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there's also a pretty nice cue he made for Fred Astaire out there somewhere.

The one he made for Eddie "The Knoxville Bear" Taylor was pretty sweet.

Lou Figueroa

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Peter Lawford cue was purchased by a friend of mine at Hollywood Billiards. Someone came in and asked the houseman whether anybody purchased cues.

My buddy was there and was a friend of Ernie. He bought the cue and had Ernie refinish it.

It was from Lawford's old lady and had two crossed martini glasses between the wrap and the butt.

If my memory serves, my buddy fell on hard times and had to sell it before he passed away. I can't remember what it sold for but it didn't garner a really big number.

Big Bruce, was a Three Cushion aficionado and pool player and I miss him. He played for years with an old Ginacue it was a titleist and then he got Ernie to make him a new Gina that was at least 60 inches long as he was a tall guy.

He had a Gold Crown and a three cushion table in his house and when I would go out to his house he had the Lawford cue in the rack and I would look it over and we would talk about it.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello. While searching on the internet I ran across an article is Sports Illustrated from August 5 1968.It was a story of Ernie and it had a segment mentioning a group of Hollywood Matrons who were Board of Directors for SHARE who were looking for a gift to give Dean as thanks for helping out in three Charity events. They decided to have Ernie to make a cue to give to Dean. I believe this cue was mentioned by Kvinbrwr in the "holy grail of cues" thread. just wondering if anyone knows where this cue is or if any members here have seen the cue and can comment on it. It would be nice to see a photo as well.

May want to try the Glenn(sp?) family collection. He has been posting of late, and seems like a person in the know given all that he has accumulated in his collection.

td

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Glen had Daddy Warbuck's,Ronnie Allen's. Shark Tooth, Fat's Ginacue
and a lot more

He may have these also

Will Prout could post the Eddie Kelly Box Cue

Gina certainly did make some great cues

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I apologize that this is off topic for Dean Martin, but I remember going to Joe Golds shop, and he had some cues he was making for celebrities. Talked about how they wanted all these expensive gems and metals in them. This was probably 20 years ago.

If I remember right, he was making one for Paul Newman and another one for some other high end celeb who wanted lots of rubies in it.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I think there's also a pretty nice cue he made for Fred Astaire out there somewhere.

The one he made for Eddie "The Knoxville Bear" Taylor was pretty sweet.

Lou Figueroa

I have owned the Eddie Taylor 8-point ivory Ginacue first generation cue for
Over ten years. A really nice cue, all original.

Will Prout

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I have owned the Eddie Taylor 8-point ivory Ginacue first generation cue for
Over ten years. A really nice cue, all original.

Will Prout

A few pictures....
Will Prout

Attachments

• 142BC34B-7A32-4597-A03E-540005FA7A10.jpeg
    142BC34B-7A32-4597-A03E-540005FA7A10.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 467
  • 360F39A3-AD77-46DB-93F0-2C1365D02BF6.jpg
    360F39A3-AD77-46DB-93F0-2C1365D02BF6.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 470
  • 75F5C505-749D-42E2-BA86-F20E649AF267.jpeg
    75F5C505-749D-42E2-BA86-F20E649AF267.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 467
  • 28DF93FC-B1FE-410C-B663-298CADE39D53.jpeg
    28DF93FC-B1FE-410C-B663-298CADE39D53.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 470

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cornerstone Cues.......Bill Grassley.

For several years he had one of the five rat pack cues that Mel Torme had Ernie G. make and the cues
we’re all alike as I recall. Frank, Dean, Sammy, Peter and Joey received the cues from Mel as a gift.

Bill knows the story behind these cues and will very likely has lots of photos as well. The cue he had
was Peter Lawford’s pool cue. The true gem of a cue would have been Old Blue Eyes’ Ginacue....Wow.