Raffles are no longer allowed on the site

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey gang, got a note from the Arizona AG's office today about the online raffles. After consulting a local attorney, I have been informed that it would be best if we did not allow online raffles on the site.

I have no proof of this, but I suspect that a certain online cue maker and parts salesman is responsible for this whole issue. Nevertheless, it is what it is.

I will leave this section open long enough for existing raffles to work with people who have purchased numbers and to work out how they want to handle their raffles.

After that, I will be shutting this section down.

PLEASE DO NOT START ANY MORE RAFFLES IN THIS AREA!!

12ozCurl

Banned
Hey gang, got a note from the Arizona AG's office today about the online raffles. After consulting a local attorney, I have been informed that it would be best if we did not allow online raffles on the site.

I have no proof of this, but I suspect that a certain online cue maker and parts salesman is responsible for this whole issue. Nevertheless, it is what it is.

I will leave this section open long enough for existing raffles to work with people who have purchased numbers and to work out how they want to handle their raffles.

After that, I will be shutting this section down.

PLEASE DO NOT START ANY MORE RAFFLES IN THIS AREA!!

Someone must want to share.....

shit_sandwich.jpg

Mike....you know you can limit access to a sub-forum....as in make it completely private, except to certian members? VBulletin is really easy to set something like that up. If you PM me I will be glad to share what I know.

tommie1351

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good guy

Mike, you are a good guy and I know you are only doing this because it is buisness. You have always been nothing but good to me.I am one of those guys that does not get involved in anything that will cause a fight. I buy and sell on your sight and really appreciate it.
I believe that these raffles hurt no one, especially cuemakers and Billiard suppliers. It gave people a chance to have a cue that they normally could not afford. I know that writing this will do no good, but I've been a big backer of these raffles since day1. I just wanted to voice my opinion, which I very seldom do. Like I said you are a good guy and would not do this if you had a choice. Do what you have to do,like you said "It is what it is" Thank you for the many years you have taken a beating for having them. Your Friend
TOMMIE

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mike, you are a good guy and I know you are only doing this because it is buisness. You have always been nothing but good to me.I am one of those guys that does not get involved in anything that will cause a fight. I buy and sell on your sight and really appreciate it.
I believe that these raffles hurt no one, especially cuemakers and Billiard suppliers. It gave people a chance to have a cue that they normally could not afford. I know that writing this will do no good, but I've been a big backer of these raffles since day1. I just wanted to voice my opinion, which I very seldom do. Like I said you are a good guy and would not do this if you had a choice. Do what you have to do,like you said "It is what it is" Thank you for the many years you have taken a beating for having them. Your Friend
TOMMIE

I agree Tommie. This is a sad day in AZ Land.:(

cuehobby

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I couldnt have put it any better.
Same here, with great appreciation and lots of fun while it lasted.

R/
Bryan (cuehobby)

TOMMIE

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member

If you know who it is you should out them and ban them from the sight.

Last edited:

Bigd3

BIGGER in Texas
Silver Member
raffle

Ditto ! These raffles are (were) the greatest thing since sliced bread. Gave everybody HOPE that they can own some of these great cues/cases that they normally would never be able to afford. What's the ol' saying, "Where theirs a will theirs a way" ! Hopefully someone will come up with something to save these raffles ????????

slyfox

Olney Fan
Silver Member
Hey Mike. That sucks. No way around it. But from hearing what Tommie, Ross, etc have said I think you're doing what is in the best interest of the forum. I have a raffle already more than half way paid that I will try to run by Friday. If that is ok to finish it up? Please let me know one way or another as it would be most helpful to finish this one in a timely manner if it is allowed by you.

Thanks,
Chris.

SirNoobs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I had the chance to explore this sub forum more, seeing how I could get some nice cues under 50 bucks and some luck.

bapage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree

Many thanks to Lee for his ingenuity! Now if I can figure out how to give rep.. :embarrassed2:..

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If they are no longer going to have raffles on this site, I will set up a place on my website to hold them.

LINK BELOW

http://lpcustomcue.com/billiardsforum

Anyone wanting to start a raffle there, be my guest.
I would suggest limiting it to AZ members and they would have to post there AZ name.

Thanks
Lee

Good deal! Hopefully we can get enough people over there that we can run them frequently. Maybe we should make a rule that you cannot not have more then 1, maybe 2 at a time, so it doesn't become cluttered like this one became at times. I know you were wondering why it took you longer to fill, and the main answer is because this section got flooded. Some people don't realize it, but the more raffles going on, the slower everything takes in general. Just a suggestion.

I might be trying it later today.

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good deal! Hopefully we can get enough people over there that we can run them frequently. Maybe we should make a rule that you cannot not have more then 1, maybe 2 at a time, so it doesn't become cluttered like this one became at times. I know you were wondering why it took you longer to fill, and the main answer is because this section got flooded. Some people don't realize it, but the more raffles going on, the slower everything takes in general. Just a suggestion.

I might be trying it later today.

I agree 100% Ross. A one raffle at a time limit is a great idea.

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One note about my forum. Any post you write on there cannot be edited or deleted by the poster. Only I can do it.
So please use a little common sense when posting. Thanks

I am in the process of exploring the admin side of it now.

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One note about my forum. Any post you write on there cannot be edited or deleted by the poster. Only I can do it.
So please use a little common sense when posting. Thanks

I am in the process of exploring the admin side of it now.

Lee, as you well know, when running a raffle it takes frequent updating of the original to post keep it current, or updated, as the raffle progresses, are you saying this is not possible?