Quality Cues no trust

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
For a second time now Mike Gartland has turned. Watch out when working any form of a transaction with him. First up you never know what to believe, do you have an agreement or not. I have now had a 100 percent failure (2 outa 2) with him on deals. In both transactions where we had a full agreement he has come back with rediculous excuses. If any body wants some evidence please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to show evidence.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
For a second time now Mike Gartland has turned. Watch out when working any form of a transaction with him. First up you never know what to believe, do you have an agreement or not. I have now had a 100 percent failure (2 outa 2) with him on deals. In both transactions where we had a full agreement he has come back with rediculous excuses. If any body wants some evidence please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to show evidence.

Sorry to hear you had bad experiences. I personally have bought two Scruggs off of Mike and both went perfect.

Russ....

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
I was hoping

You know I was hoping for the same. Always give a 2nd chance, but it's just to bad. I had all the best intentions. I've met him in persona and yes he's a strong, egotistical type personality but I thought it was just because he was an attorney. I was wrong

Bigd3

BIGGER in Texas
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Quality Cues

I'm not sure exactly what happen on your deal but I had a PERFECT transaction with Mike, he was so professional, sent emails with pictures of actual shipping/tracking info and was in contact with me about the cue the whole time from beginning til the end and even a follow up after I played with the cue to see that I still liked it. And the cue I bought, it is still my daily player and would buy from Mike again anytime, I think he is a great guy and an asset to AZbilliards and hopefully you can work this out. Dan

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
A long time on here

You know what's most sad about this. I have been on here a long time,made a lot of very positive transactions and I'm willing to lose it all just to make a statement about this. Some would say don't. But it's just not right and people should know....

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
iTrader

You know what's most sad about this. I have been on here a long time,made a lot of very positive transactions and I'm willing to lose it all just to make a statement about this. Some would say don't. But it's just not right and people should know...

Rudy likes poll

Rudy likes pool
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i had a bad experience with Mike Gartland, too.

here is my story :
i had bought a Tascarella cue over 4K from him.
on his thread, he stated the cue was perfect as he always did.
when i received the cue, one of the shafts has two dings around 3 inches above the collar. it surely does not affect the playability and the cue did hit great. so i accepted the cue without noticing him 'cause i did not want anyone to think i'm picky.
a few weeks later i traded the Tascarella back to him for another cue.
Guess what ? he told me there was two dings on the shaft and he had to deduct some money from our transaction. i had no other choice 'cause i've shipped the cue to him. Money is small issue, but the feeling did suck.......hahahahaa ............ i think it's very funny ~
before we had this issue, i had traded a big John Showman gambler rosewood hoppe cue to him. i've used that Showman cue for 6 months, it shows played but there's not even a tiny ding or scratch on it. Or he would not have accepted the cue since he always inspects the cues so carefully. Mike Gartland is the last one i'd like to have transaction with even though sometimes he's got great stuff for sale.
I-trader is just a reference.
a seller can make many good transactions, but do you know how many bad transcations he makes ?

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
here is my story :
i had bought a Tascarella cue over 4K from him.
on his thread, he stated the cue was perfect as he always did.
when i received the cue, one of the shafts has two dings around 3 inches above the collar. it surely does not affect the playability and the cue did hit great. so i accepted the cue without noticing him 'cause i did not want anyone to think i'm picky.
a few weeks later i traded the Tascarella back to him for another cue.
Guess what ? he told me there was two dings on the shaft and he had to deduct some money from our transaction. i had no other choice 'cause i've shipped the cue to him. Money is small issue, but the feeling did suck.......hahahahaa ............ i think it's very funny ~
before we had this issue, i had traded a big John Showman gambler rosewood hoppe cue to him. i've used that Showman cue for 6 months, it shows played but there's not even a tiny ding or scratch on it. Or he would not have accepted the cue since he always inspects the cues so carefully. Mike Gartland is the last one i'd like to have transaction with even though sometimes he's got great stuff for sale.
I-trader is just a reference.
a seller can make many good transactions, but do you know how many bad transcations he makes ?
Well said.
I would not want to deal with him after reading all this. It is just not worth it.
Many good sellers here that i really enjoy dealing with.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks for posting this info. I have heard about some shadyness from Mike in the past and here is another example. All of these issues with the "dealers" is making me just want to stick to the actual cuemakers for the high end stuff.

Ian

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I've done many deals with Mike and have always been satisfied. I think a lot of the controversy stems from Mike's inspection of the trade material being offered. Mike has built his reputation based on flawless cues and he won't accept anything less. In my experience Mike doesn't misrepresent his offerings and your cue better stand up to his inspection or the deal will not go through. I think his itrader rating speaks louder than a few dissapointed traders. He has over 113 positive transactions and all speak highly of his integrity.

TommyT

Last edited:

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0

I will put my reputation for doing deals on the Net up against yours anytime. You were too late getting back to me to confirm the deal, and lost out on the Runde. Now you are singing the sour grapes tune. This will be my one and only post to this nasty thread.

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I've done many deals with Mike and have always been satisfied. I think a lot of the controversy stems from Mike's inspection of the trade material being offered. Mike has built his reputation based on flawless cues and he won't accept anything less. In my experience Mike doesn't misrepresent his offerings and your cue better stand up to his inspection or the deal will not go through. I think his itrader rating speaks louder than a few dissapointed traders. He has over 113 positive transactions and all speak highly of his integrity.

TommyT

I quote Tommy b/c he said it perfectly!

I have done many deals with Mike--everything has been flawless and I know that any cue I get from him is flawless!!! He deals in real Quality cues.

KP

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
FWIW - Both of the cues (TS) were exactly as described. Like new and flawless.

We all have had deals go south, just gotta learn from it and move on!!!

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I recently bought 2 sugartrees from Mike, he was very straight and open to any question I have, he also did not hide or lied about any history/background of the cues. Overall, i am very satisfied and willing to do biz with him anytime

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Cal

In fairness, you recently had an attempted transaction with fast Lenny where you promised him payment twice (the 2nd promise in a thread) and then stiffed him twice. I'm not sure Mike can be blamed for not figuring he had a transaction with you until you actually paid him.

Rudy, lets assume for a moment that Mike didn't notice the dings (or maybe even dinged them when wrapping the cue for shipment or maybe they got dinged during shipment) and if you never mentioned them upon receipt of the cue, you really can't blame the man for not addressing a problem he didn't know about. You sent him the cue, he noticed it, and he mentioned it, as he always will. Your telling him "it was like that when you sold it to me" sounds a little lame. Who are you really mad at here, isn't it yourself? Sounds to me like you assumed Mike knew about the dings when he sent it to you and you have to admit there's a million other possibilities, none of which you can understand because you didn't mention your dissatisfaction. What is known for a fact is that you knew about the dings when you traded the cue to Mike. Did you disclose?

I've seen complaints about Mike being really picky about the cues he buys, way pickier than me, but I'm quite sure he's not buying cues with disclosed flaws and then complaining about them. He likes to represent his cues as a seller using quite glowing terms and he has a right to get what he pays for as a buyer. All that being said, I've never dealt with the man.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

johncue54

Registered
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have dealt with Mike in the past a number of times buying, selling, and trading cues and would not hesitate to deal with him again as all deals have been exactly what was expected.