Michael's Billiards

discocincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
okay Called Michael's Billiards at 11:30 am this morning to reserve a specific table. I told the person that answered the phone that I would be there in about an hour. he said the table was not in use and he would reserve it. well evidently the person working does not understand the concept of reservations. when I got there, there was someone playing on it. when I asked the person working, let's just call him Mathew. You stated that you would reserve this table, and that there was no one on it when I called. He said he just gave it to him. I said why would you do that when I called and reserved it. He literately had a blank look and did not even know how to respond. so I reiterated that I called to reserve it and you said you would, the bottom line is i reserved a table he gave it a way. I spoke with the owner OF Michael's Billiards and he said there was NOTHING he could do. So due to lack of customer service I wasted an hour and a half of my time drove over 50 miles and found out more evidence of why our economy is doing so terrible. "Lack of customer service and appreciation of regular customers. up until today I can honestly say that I spent well over $1000 this year. and that is a low ball estimate. I think I might treat customers a little different regardless to how much they spend as long as they are spending and not loitering. And I am not asking for anything more than what I have seen them do for other people. . lol!

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'r Right!!!!!!

You measure people by what they do and not by what they say. The owner should have comp'd you with free time and food/beverage credits for your time, inconvenience and expenses.

The very least would have to have shown a contrite attitude and apology over what took place. Nowadays, unless you're a regular (3-4x weekly), owners don't personally exhibit, or train their staff, to treat everyone courteously, with respect and interest in any matter at hand that arises from time to time, such as your situation. It sounds like they couldn't give a shit over you and their total indifference over what took place dissuades you from going back there. If there was another pool room, even 15 mins further away, I'd start going there and I'd make it a point to personally tell the owner know why he lost your business.

Last edited:

Ryansnell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well there's only two places to play around cincy. Kickshots and michaels. Must've been the new kid working that didn't reserve your table. Everyone else that works there treats me just fine I'm there at least 3 nights a week.

Last edited:

discocincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to both replies

well I am a regular since he opened over 21 years ago. and he does not give a shit about any one other than his personal friends. he has no clue what customer service really is. and yes it was the new guy, when I asked him why he gave it away after I reserved it. he literately did not even have a response other than I don't know he asked for it. I asked him if he knows what it means to reserve something. he stood there with a blank look, like he does not know what the word reserve means. and if there was a pool room only 15 min further I would go to hit no if, and, or buts. that is why I am trying so hard to put something together. I know the right area. I have a spot that I can be in for $7.00 per square foot.including triple net. I get the first three months rent free to get established. for 6400 sf area.. I just need a good partner/investor and i can have it up and running for under 75k. I want a place that appreciates all their customers. and has enough room for the people to move about. and yes this area can sustain another pool room if it is ran right.
It don't surprise me when I hear of pool rooms closing. I have played all across the country and here and Northern Florida has had the worst customer service. California and Brooklyn, NY had the best.

Last edited:

Ryansnell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't even know they reserve tables. Get up and gamble with whoever was on It lol

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
okay Called Michael's Billiards at 11:30 am this morning to reserve a specific table. I told the person that answered the phone that I would be there in about an hour. he said the table was not in use and he would reserve it. well evidently the person working does not understand the concept of reservations. when I got there, there was someone playing on it. when I asked the person working, let's just call him Mathew. You stated that you would reserve this table, and that there was no one on it when I called. He said he just gave it to him. I said why would you do that when I called and reserved it. He literately had a blank look and did not even know how to respond. so I reiterated that I called to reserve it and you said you would, the bottom line is i reserved a table he gave it a way. I spoke with the owner OF Michael's Billiards and he said there was NOTHING he could do. So due to lack of customer service I wasted an hour and a half of my time drove over 50 miles and found out more evidence of why our economy is doing so terrible. "Lack of customer service and appreciation of regular customers. up until today I can honestly say that I spent well over $1000 this year. and that is a low ball estimate. I think I might treat customers a little different regardless to how much they spend as long as they are spending and not loitering. And I am not asking for anything more than what I have seen them do for other people. . lol!
In my pool rooms, when someone called to reserve a certain pool table, I put them on the clock starting at the end of the call, that was the only way I could be fair to anyone else that wanted to rent the same table the caller wanted...instead of turning away a paying customer that was standing in front of me;)

Glen

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I dont understand is why sooooo many rooms only have one or two good tables for one pocket. None of the other tables are even close to the same.

The RAC just had the front six tables recovered. They are all different. Everyone waits for the first table, its a nightmare.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What I dont understand is why sooooo many rooms only have one or two good tables for one pocket. None of the other tables are even close to the same.

The RAC just had the front six tables recovered. They are all different. Everyone waits for the first table, its a nightmare.

Has a lot to do with who's doing the work on them;)

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A simple solution (that I use) is to put a "reserved" sign on the table. You can get them at any restaurant supply place. The employee should of told the guy he rented it,"somebody is coming in for THAT TABLE so you will have to move when he (you) come in". I also believe in putting the customer "ON THE CLOCK"...when the table is "reserved" (assuming they are NOT letting anybody else play on it). Now all that being said....It's just a "pool table", He is just a "counter guy", DON'T read more into this than there is. What if the table had to be taken out of service because of a mechanical problem OR leaky roof etc..etc.. You would of "played" on a different table. You know running a pool room is NOT easy at any time (especially in the middle of summer). Give them another chance....things will work out. REMEMBER...."If you can't play on ANY of them...You CAN'T PLAY on any of them".

d'fly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, and can't never come back, you really have only heard his side of the story.Its to long to explain, but these types of issues has been going on for years, And now its time to take real action on this nut case.... d'fly, All of you that know me, know what type of person I am. That I run a good place, And I'am all about the service of MICHAELS BILLIARDS and supply good equipment, and a good place to play.

Last edited:

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Years ago, probably 7 or 8, Michaels was more of my home than my actual house. Since then, I quit playing, got married, had kids... you know the bit. After all these years, I went back to Michael's last month for the first time. Michael noticed me from across the pool room and came to me and said hi, and even remembered my name. Now I understand him remembering me if I played like a champion, but I am far from that. To me, that speaks volumes about d'Fly's character and why I will always be a customer there. Poolrooms never last. The fact that Michael's has been tthere for so long is a true testament to d'Fly's business and people acumen.

I'm glad the next time I go to Michael's I won't hear any crying about reservations from some "NUT."

Keep uo the good work Fly!

infest

Banger
Silver Member
yes, and can't never come back, you really have only heard his side of the story.Its to long to explain, but these types of issues has been going on for years, And now its time to take real action on this nut case.... d'fly, All of you that know me, know what type of person I am. That I run a good place, And I'am all about the service of MICHAELS BILLIARDS and supply good equipment, and a good place to play.

I'm interested in hearing your side.

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member

That is something that needed to be said.

Having ran a business for years, I can tell you that people often blow something completely out of scale to what really happened.

That being said, I can't say the OP is wrong ... I wasn't there ... but I get to Michaels fairly often and have never had an issue.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been to Michael's 3x. I travel the midwest for my job, and Michaels is one of the better pool halls that I visit.

The food is OK. Nothing to write home about, but if you want something to eat, they have it. They also serve alchohol if you want some of that too.

As for the tables, I think they are in good shape and clean. Plenty of 9' tables, and a lot of 7' tables.

It's located in a suburb of Cincy, just off of I-275. The neighborhood feels safe, and it's in shopping complex that has open businesses.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Mar1t1me

Registered
I play at Michael's somewhat regularly. Always treated with respect.

That said, I cannot even imagine calling to reserve a table. It ain't a restaurant! Having a favorite table is one thing - I have my faves, but pool tables should be first come-first served and if my favorite table is busy, I play on another, but I let the counter know I'd like to move when possible. Never a problem.

I do tip well, and treat the staff like I would want to be treated, and watch out for people abusing the equipment, so I think they like treating me right, because it always comes back around.

CBW

Pool Hall Hero
Silver Member
I play at Michael's somewhat regularly. Always treated with respect.

That said, I cannot even imagine calling to reserve a table. It ain't a restaurant! Having a favorite table is one thing - I have my faves, but pool tables should be first come-first served and if my favorite table is busy, I play on another, but I let the counter know I'd like to move when possible. Never a problem.

I do tip well, and treat the staff like I would want to be treated, and watch out for people abusing the equipment, so I think they like treating me right, because it always comes back around.

That pretty much sums up Michaels. Ive been a regulate patron there for years.