My new King Case #131
Old
  (#1)
slide13
AzB Silver Member
slide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

My new King Case #131 - 09-24-2019, 08:12 AM

King #131

A few weeks back I decided to treat myself to something nice for my 40th birthday. Iíve always loved good leather cases and Iíve had a few nice ones from some big makers but Iíve never had the perfect one. I like the traditional style and Iíve had a few but never one with a jump butt sleeve which I need for it to be a truly usable and functional case for me.

So, I started looking for some options and came across Alís work. Immediately I knew this was what I wanted. I love the JB interiors and the shoulder strap off the back of the case. The quality of his leatherwork looked impressive too.

Sent him a message and asked if heíd be willing to take a case order and he was. We quickly settled on what I was looking for and he gave me a time estimate. I had settled on a plain front case but as the build started Al texted me asking if Iíd be interested in him throwing in couple diamond inlays for me. I think he knew it would just look better with them and he was so right. I now canít imagine this case without them and I love the contrast of the black stingray with the brown leather.

I received progress pics as the build progressed which was super fun and in the end he finished the case in well less than half the quoted turn around time. It arrived yesterday, just two days before my birthday and on my league night so I got to put it right to use.

I canít say enough good things about working with Al and the quality of his cases. His leather work and quality is exceptional and the case has exceeded my expectations. Even the lining of the jump butt pocket is of a super high quality.

This is the pool cue case Iíve always wanted and it joins my Runde playing cues as part of what I consider my lifetime setup. Once I got my Rundes I stopped looking at cues, I have what I need. Now I truly feel like I can say that about my case as well.

Thanks for building me my dream case Al!

Last edited by slide13; 09-24-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Old
  (#2)
slide13
AzB Silver Member
slide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 08:14 AM

Below are some of the progress pics that Al sent me during the process. Was super fun to watch this come together.

Last edited by slide13; 09-24-2019 at 08:21 AM.

You're welcome!
Old
  (#3)
King
NoLongerTakingCaseOrders
King has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond reputeKing has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

You're welcome! - 09-24-2019, 03:23 PM

Thank you for taking the time to create this thread.
It's moments like this that make all the effort into making cases worthwhile.

I liked the way this case turned out so much, I'm just going to have to make one similar for myself and not sell it. LOL. But we all know there always for sale!!

Old
  (#4)
J$Cincy
AzB Silver Member
J$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeJ$Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 05:30 PM

What a beautiful case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#5)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 06:03 PM

Stellar case, top notch

Old
  (#6)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-24-2019, 08:17 PM

Very nice looking case.

WP

Old
  (#7)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-24-2019, 08:57 PM

That is a really nice case and this is the probably the best case thread I have seen. I really appreciate you sharing the pictures of all the pieces before they were put together. It is cool to see how it all goes together.

Old
  (#8)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueman View Post
That is a really nice case and this is the probably the best case thread I have seen. I really appreciate you sharing the pictures of all the pieces before they were put together. It is cool to see how it all goes together.
Yes, I agree, I too really enjoyed the photos of how everything came together.

Old
  (#9)
slide13
AzB Silver Member

09-25-2019, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueman View Post
Those are all thanks to Al and shared with his permission.

It really added something special to the process though, being able to see my case take shape. It started just a day or two after I placed my order and I received consistent updates each week until it was done. Made it way more fun during the waiting process!

Thanks everyone for the kind words about it!

Old
  (#10)
Rusty Melton
AzB Silver Member

Rusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

09-26-2019, 04:26 PM

It's a real beauty, very classy. I've always been a big fan Al's work, he's a great maker and a very nice guy. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/rustymeltoncustomcuecases
I'm sorry to say that I'm not taking any new orders for the next year, I need to concentrate on all the orders that I've taken. Thanks to all the have ordered and to those that have shown interest!
Rusty

Old
  (#11)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

09-27-2019, 06:14 AM

Great looking case. Thanks for posting the construction pics. Shows how much work / time really goes into making such a great case.

Old
  (#12)
raemondo
AzB Silver Member
raemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant future

10-05-2019, 08:29 AM

Great write up and very beautiful case! Been lusting after a king case for sometime now and this thread isnít helping!

I-L-L-I-N-I Billiards Club @ Urbana-Champaign

Old
  (#13)
slide13
AzB Silver Member

10-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raemondo View Post
Great write up and very beautiful case! Been lusting after a king case for sometime now and this thread isnít helping!
If you go for it you will not be disappointed! Iím very glad I decided to pull the trigger and order one.

Old
  (#14)
14.1'er
AzB Silver Member
14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute14.1'er has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 05:31 PM

What a beauty! I can't imagine how many hours are involved in making a case like this. Congrats on the case, and enjoy it.

Playing Cue: Joss Sneaky/OB-1+ shaft
Break/Jump Cue J8
Case: Instroke 2x3 leather

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: