Azfelia Burl on Birds Eye Sugar Gum (Still Choosing a Wrap)

Tony Zinzola

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't post this one before finishing because it looked kind of boring without finish on it. The pictures still don't do any justice to the figure in both pieces of wood.

Still trying to decide on the wrap. I like the first one shown, but my wife said she doesn't like it (what does she know anyway, she's married to me). Another option would be the Black Lizard like in the last photo. I haven't cut the skin yet, so just laid the entire thing over the cue. Or possibly smooth black Kangaroo or some Black Ostrich Skin which I should have in tomorrow.

Thanks for looking...

04-06-08-001.jpg

04-06-08-002.jpg

04-06-08-003.jpg

04-06-08-004.jpg

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony, i dont think you can go wrong with the black lizard......
Nice cue sir.........:)

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imo

The wraps take away from the cue.

I would recommend a black or black with some color linen wrap.

But thats me.

Good luck.

Ken

badabing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cue Tony. I think plain leather, either in the right brown or black would be best.

Dave

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tony, those veneers are awesome! and great choices on the wood. dave is right, brown or my personal choice black kangaroo. that white ringtail is not for this cue. is this one headed for japan and when are you leaving?

guy

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
suggestion

Tony

You know me and how I like some contrast especially with the wrap. Lay the all white leather wrap that I left at your house on the cue and see how that looks. If it doesn't look good then I would say to go with the smooth black.

Kevin

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
????????

First I would like to say "Man you are good". Next I gonna have to go with the wife, get rid of the white. What would be wrong with chocolate or dark brown lizard? Rep to you for a beautiful cue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pinocchio

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
Well, it seems like your wife has good taste in ALMOST all her choices, you perhaps being the exception....:p It seems like everyone (including me) thinks the white is out of place on this cue. I think any black would be a good choice and as some suggested brown might also be nice although I would need to see it laid out.

Regardless of the wrap, it's a beautiful cue.....congrats.

Joe

Tony Zinzola

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
guycrunch said:
tony, those veneers are awesome! and great choices on the wood. dave is right, brown or my personal choice black kangaroo. that white ringtail is not for this cue. is this one headed for japan and when are you leaving?

guy

It's one of the three I'm taking with me. I think I originally said I had four or 5. One I wasn't happy with, so I trashed it. If there was a fifth, it's not finished. I only need to take two with me, so this one I could get rid of this week before I go. I guess we're not meeting up Thursday. My wife seems to have another late meeting. Hmm, maybe I'd better have her followed. It's the second Thursday in a month she's coming home late.

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
It needs a simple wrap, so that it won't grab the attention of the wood and point veneer. Kangaroo is the right choice.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
The White Is Too Loud For This Cue..... I'd Go Kangaroo, Or At The Most The Black Lizard. I Think A Subtle Wrap Would Do This Cue The Best.

P.s. E-mail Me If You Can Send This To Me Before It Goes To Japan. I Have A Few Guys That I'd Like To Show It To In Person.

ridewiththewind

&#9829; Hippie Hustler &#9829;
Silver Member
Definitely black!!! I feel that the black/white lizard wraps are pretty limited in what cues it will look good on....primarily ebony cues. Additionally...while those black/white lizard wraps look great initially...on a players' cue, they just do not stand up well against the dirt staining....look nasty after a while...IMHO. The white will turn an unattractive yellow...an icky color. I know of one cuemaker who used it on one of his cues, and after he saw it after a couple of years of use...well, he hasn't used it since, to my knowledge.

Lisa

Tony Zinzola

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black it is

Guess the black vote won out. Here are some better photos with the wrap. It's black kangaroo, although it's a bit different than the other kangaroo I've been using.

04-11-08-001.jpg

04-11-08-002.jpg

04-11-08-003.jpg