Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Hospitality at Hollywood Billiards,Hollywood, California

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Hospitality at Hollywood Billiards,Hollywood, California
Old
  (#1)
vagabond
AzB Silver Member
vagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Hospitality at Hollywood Billiards,Hollywood, California - 05-05-2008, 03:11 PM

I was there saturday evening.I had to take care of some buisiness out side for 2 hours and I did not want to loose the table # 18 I was playing (I prefer table # 18 or 17 ) .I want to hold on to that table ,keep the meter running while I am away.Some pool halls do not approve that and they will tell u to pay and leave and then comeback we will give the table if available.The manager agreed to give me that privilege.I left my Jery olivier`s top of the line cue on the table and German made Instroke case under the table and I left the place.When my son learned that I left the cue and case unattended and he called the hollywood billiards and told them about it and they took my stuff and put them in a safe place. I returned after 2 hours, played some and had good time.
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY WERE HOSPITABLE.Two and half years ago I forgot the same cue and case in hollywood Billiards and left Los Angeles.Next day I called them and the manager mailed my stuff by UPS.
It Is always a pleasure to visit Hollywood Billiards,in Hollywood,CA.

THANK You Hollywood billiards.

Hey Jay the 'LA Slim' , I did not call u because u did not call me when you were in lasVegas.Now we are even.

Hustling in pool is an art and I will defend it till I die.

Last edited by vagabond; 05-05-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Old
  (#2)
raemondo
AzB Silver Member
raemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant futureraemondo has a brilliant future

05-05-2008, 03:12 PM

Wow that is amazing.

I-L-L-I-N-I Billiards Club @ Urbana-Champaign

Old
  (#3)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

05-05-2008, 03:13 PM

I will be there to watch the Memorial weekend tournament.
Nice place, nice people there.

Old
  (#4)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond
I was there saturday evening.I had to take care of some buisiness out side for 2 hours and I did not want to loose the table # 18 I was playing (I prefer table # 18 or 17 ) .I want to hold on to that table ,keep the meter running while I am away.Some pool halls do not approve that and they will tell u to pay and leave and then comeback we will give the table if available.The manager agreed to give me that privilege.I left my Jery olivier`s top of the line cue on the table and German made Instroke case under the table and I left the place.When my son learned that I left the cue and case unattended and he called the hollywood billiards and told them about it and they took my stuff and put them in a safe place. I returned after 2 hours, played some and had good time.
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY WERE HOSPITABLE.Two and half years ago I forgot the same cue and case in hollywood Billiards and left Los Angeles.Next day I called them and the manager mailed my stuff by UPS.
It Is always a pleasure to visit Hollywood Billiards,in Hollywood,CA.

THANK You Hollywood billiards.

Hey Jay the 'LA Slim' , I did not call u because u did not call me when you were in lasVegas.Now we are even.
I live in L.A. You live all over the world!

Old
  (#5)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

05-05-2008, 04:50 PM

Hollywood Billiards is a great poolroom. When i'm living in LA thats where I play.

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#6)
sugeknight
I'm on a ROLL
sugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond reputesugeknight has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to sugeknight  
05-05-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy
Hollywood Billiards is a great poolroom. When i'm living in LA thats where I play.
Try the chicken piccata. shits the bomb!

Old
  (#7)
StevenPWaldon
AzB Silver Member
StevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond reputeStevenPWaldon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2937

05-05-2008, 06:02 PM

Agreed. Jeff (owner) and Jim (manager) are two of the best guys to have running a poolhall. Jim also plays a mean game of pool. Oh, and Jeff has a great Szamboti player. Yikes.

After being a regular there for a few years, they still greet me whenever I come back home to LA for holidays. Jim gives me free table time, and I always talk up Jeff when I see him (he spent a few years in NYC). Often Jim will even give me free drinks from the bar even though I don't ask. Seriously, where do you get this level of hospitality from big poolrooms?

My last trip to LA I had a few hours to burn in the neighborhood and I stopped by Hollywood Billiards. Jim gave me a free table to play on, and later we played all night after the joint had closed down.

I highly recommend anyone who hasn't been to check it out. They have perfectly maintained Gold Crowns (by Ernesto Dominguez), and they polish all the balls to ensure the high standards of the game. Even if you go just to hang out, they have a great lounge (indoor and outdoor) with a full bar and a full menu. Go and patronize!

Oh, and for the straight guys: the waitresses are quite pretty.

Old
  (#8)
RunoutalloverU
AzB Silver Member
RunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutalloverU has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2008, 06:36 PM

great chips and salsa, good tight tables, friendly waitresses. And when your done playing pool, you can have your pick of about 10,000 bars.

Old
  (#9)
vagabond
AzB Silver Member
vagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond reputevagabond has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenPWaldon
Agreed.

Oh, and for the straight guys: the waitresses are quite pretty.

I never saw so many pretty waitresses in one place( pool hall )

Hustling in pool is an art and I will defend it till I die.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: