CTE Question

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using Stan's CTE method on and off for a number of years and have been quite successful with it. This concerns something I have observed about my perceptions and am wondering if other recognize this about themselves.
If I set up two mirror image object balls, each along the foot spot line and one ball diameter from the side rails and the C/B along the long string one diamond past the side pocket (so about 3 diamonds from the object balls) I see the following: on the cut to the right I see the right edge of the C/B at "C" and on the cut to the left I see left edge of the C/B at "B". When I do my set-ups and pivot I make both shots consistently. Since they are mirror images of each other I would expect the edges of the C/b to both be at "B" or one at "A" and one at "C". Is this discrepancy because I am right eye dominant.
For clarification, this is not a slam at the system. It works great for me and I don't care why, I just know it does.
Thanks for any input that may be made.

Al

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I've been using Stan's CTE method on and off for a number of years and have been quite successful with it. This concerns something I have observed about my perceptions and am wondering if other recognize this about themselves.
If I set up two mirror image object balls, each along the foot spot line and one ball diameter from the side rails and the C/B along the long string one diamond past the side pocket (so about 3 diamonds from the object balls) I see the following: on the cut to the right I see the right edge of the C/B at "C" and on the cut to the left I see left edge of the C/B at "B". When I do my set-ups and pivot I make both shots consistently. Since they are mirror images of each other I would expect the edges of the C/b to both be at "B" or one at "A" and one at "C". Is this discrepancy because I am right eye dominant.
For clarification, this is not a slam at the system. It works great for me and I don't care why, I just know it does.
Thanks for any input that may be made.

Al
Sounds like a setup issue - maybe head position a little off...?

Here's lots of info about that.

https://billiards.colostate.edu/FAQ/eyes/vision-center/

pj
chgo