CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Balls from left to right are 3, 7, 4, 14, 11, 10, 2, 5, 13

Screenshot - 1_10_2017 , 1_46_32 PM.jpg

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I realize that this one's a little touchy, and may not go as cleanly as the other ones. Just to let everyone know, I scan a YouTube video until I see what might be a good layout, and then I don't look past that point to see what the player actually does with it. That would be no fun for me. I want to play too. If anyone wants to share a layout, feel free!

I guess I'll start this one. This is a little wild, but here goes...

11, 10, 2, 13, 5, 3, 14, 7, 4
Pinch draw the 11 for a straightish shot on the 10 in the upper right corner. 2 in the side or upper right corner, both 13 and 5 in the bottom right corner, 3 bottom left corner to get the cue ball in the rack for a stop shot on the 14 in the left side or upper left corner, 7-ball bottom left corner swinging one rail around the 4 break ball for position. There may even be an opportunity when the cue ball is in the rack to shoot the 14 and nudge the 4 to a slightly better break ball and take the 7 however it needs to be taken for position on the 4-ball break.

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11 then 4 on side. 14 either side or low right corner. I would try land straight on 2 right upper corner. Main area would be between those 4 balls thoyght and improvise from there. Main focus would be landing close to 30 degree angle for 3 (key)ball. Going two rail position for breakshot with 7, towards middle of table.

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11 then 4 on side. 14 either side or low right corner. I would try land straight on 2 right upper corner. Main area would be between those 4 balls thoyght and improvise from there. Main focus would be landing close to 30 degree angle for 3 (key)ball. Going two rail position for breakshot with 7, towards middle of table.

Do you think the shot on the 11 is straight enough to hold it for the 4 in the side? I felt it was just a little too much angle to hold the cue ball there. But maybe cheating the pocket?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think the shot on the 11 is straight enough to hold it for the 4 in the side? I felt it was just a little too much angle to hold the cue ball there. But maybe cheating the pocket?

Dunno... I changed my way to aim balls. Or should I say "enchanted" ... I try absorb all small details that could help me aim ball right. Because of that I normally see cut angle pretty accurate even from another viewpoint. Here i noticed 11 is just a tad under spot. And if one draw a line trough them it will go just under side pocket. That tells me it should be straight in angle to upper side of that corner pocket.
I can`t really explain properly it when i write English. I could also judge wrong also..

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a pattern I can't call completely ball for ball because some of it depends on exactly how I land. My overview would be to clean the balls in the group on the left, and leave the 2-13-5 for last. Frankly as long as I can leave those for the last three I can run the others however I want. I do think getting on the 10 is a priority but I like getting on it from the 3 ball, the 1 rail shape is very easy for me to control, I'd just play to be on the right side of the 10 so I can go away from the 2 ball. Maybe:

11-14-7-4-3-10-2-13-5

I might go from the 7 to the 3, that way if I happen to get wrong on the 10 I have another ball to recover with. And if I'm good on the 10 then the 4 is fine to set me up on the 2 in the side.

Everyone can run them how they'd like, but I feel very comfortable with this pattern as described. Minimal cue ball movement, a natural way to get on the 10, and most importantly the last three balls laying where I can't help but get ball in hand shape on a great break ball. I'm assuming everyone knows that it's not too high, it's an easy shot and can smooth into the top of the rack very nicely. My dream :)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's what I was going to say. Maybe 10 2 13 5 at the end.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11 - 4 in side, roll forward 14 in corner, 10 up table corner, 2 side, 13, 5, 3, 7.

14 is tempting as a key ball and the 5 would be a good ball to get on the 14 which would look something like 11-4 draw back for 3 one rail to 10-2-13-5-14-7 but I like the first pattern better.

Last edited:

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would screw it up, but:

11, 4 in side (for sure), (If the 11 is not straight in, the CB will move slightly toward the 4, which is fine.)

then 14, 10, 2, 13, 5, 3 (key) 7 (break)

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's how Thorsten Hohmann got through it while being sharked by Dennis. :rolleyes:
Sorry I didn't realize that the 4 passed by the 7. Also, you were all right about the shot on the 11 being straight. I thought it had a more severe angle.

at 1:34:21
https://youtu.be/sBkc2hOBzHU?t=1h34m21s

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's how Thorsten Hohmann got through it while being sharked by Dennis. :rolleyes:
Sorry I didn't realize that the 4 passed by the 7. Also, you were all right about the shot on the 11 being straight. I thought it had a more severe angle.

at 1:34:21
https://youtu.be/sBkc2hOBzHU?t=1h34m21s

When he shoots the 11, he looks like he is saying to himself, "Why did I do that?" I suspect he was playing on one of the balls to the side and didn't get straight in.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
When he shoots the 11, he looks like he is saying to himself, "Why did I do that?" I suspect he was playing on one of the balls to the side and didn't get straight in.

LOL! That's precisely what he looks like! ;)

(Maybe he tried to get straight in on 14 in the corner, or all together and forgot which at the very last moment - know that feeling…?!)

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
how I run out

Balls from left to right are 3, 7, 4, 14, 11, 10, 2, 5, 13

View attachment 446201

play the 11 ball, then draw back for thirteen playing for angle to promote five ball for break shot with insurance everywhere. If your worried bout scratching in the side just use either the ten or two to set you a nice angle for the thirteen. You can choose your favorite pattern from there. In case the five does not get promoted you can always fall back on the seven which is on the lefty's side. The option to play either a lefty side b.s. vs. the righty' side will begin to matter more on a ten footer table, as the seven ball will become more expansive' for a righty'. :) I would save either the ten or 2 for key ball - but if the five does get promoted i would like to save either the ten or two for key ball. Keep in mind that these low rack break shots (ie 7 ball) work fine when equipment is clean and polished. However after say an hour into the match and or older cloth the rack will not disperse as well when going into lower part of the rack, under these conditions you will need quality breakshots. I believe that 14.1 re-rack is to be played at the pro level on a ten foot table. There you have it sports fans.

Last edited: