AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Room Owner Discussion
Reload this Page Obstruction Avoidance & Table Placement

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Obstruction Avoidance & Table Placement
Old
  (#1)
FJames
Registered
FJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond reputeFJames has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Obstruction Avoidance & Table Placement - 06-18-2020, 05:07 PM

My question relates more with reducing the frequency of having to deal with an obstruction approximately 4 feet away from the playing surface. I realize that a shorter than " standard " cue is a possible solution, and accept this.
I'm wondering however, in order to reduce the frequency of the issue, which in truth, may only pop up in perhaps 5% of shots. . ., ** what are your thoughts concerning where the majority of shots are made in order to decide where to locate a new table?

There are two pillar obstructions, each approximately 2 feet long, and 5 feet clearance between them. So, better to simply centre the table, so that the obstructions are each at one end of the table ( which I'm leaning toward ) ?? or, instead, try to place the table further forward or backward, i.e., either closer to the Head spot / Breaking end , or the Foot spot end to avoid the end where most shots are taken.

Thanks.

Old
  (#2)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-08-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
My question relates more with reducing the frequency of having to deal with an obstruction approximately 4 feet away from the playing surface. I realize that a shorter than " standard " cue is a possible solution, and accept this.
I'm wondering however, in order to reduce the frequency of the issue, which in truth, may only pop up in perhaps 5% of shots. . ., ** what are your thoughts concerning where the majority of shots are made in order to decide where to locate a new table?

There are two pillar obstructions, each approximately 2 feet long, and 5 feet clearance between them. So, better to simply centre the table, so that the obstructions are each at one end of the table ( which I'm leaning toward ) ?? or, instead, try to place the table further forward or backward, i.e., either closer to the Head spot / Breaking end , or the Foot spot end to avoid the end where most shots are taken.

Thanks.
Although needing to play a shot with your cue perpendicular to the side rail when the cue ball is close to the rail is more likely to occur at the foot/racking end of the table, I would still think it best to locate your table evenly between the obstructions as you are suggesting.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: