Pro cons list

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That put me on tilt.
Which reminds me of a story my brother related...

He was the chief engineer on a container ship that went between Seattle and Japan. The scheduler routed the return trip to Japan through the Gulf of Alaska since it is the shortest way. There was a storm a-brewing, and my brother asked, "WTBF?" But the scheduler, who had likely spent no time in the North Pacific, stood firm.

So they are up by the Aleutians and seas are rolling in nearly broad-side to the ship. The ship starts to pitch left and right with a 90-second period. 45 degrees to each side. It was quite exciting. It was almost like a salt-water version of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

More technically, see papers like: "Dynamical Rolling Analysis of a Vessel in Regular Beam Seas".

Bob <-- gets sea-sick in six-foot swells

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Which reminds me of a story my brother related...

He was the chief engineer on a container ship that went between Seattle and Japan. The scheduler routed the return trip to Japan through the Gulf of Alaska since it is the shortest way. There was a storm a-brewing, and my brother asked, "WTBF?" But the scheduler, who had likely spent no time in the North Pacific, stood firm.

So they are up by the Aleutians and seas are rolling in nearly broad-side to the ship. The ship starts to pitch left and right with a 90-second period. 45 degrees to each side. It was quite exciting. It was almost like a salt-water version of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

More technically, see papers like: "Dynamical Rolling Analysis of a Vessel in Regular Beam Seas".

Bob <-- gets sea-sick in six-foot swells

The legend lives on.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I made a pro and con list about pool and some other stuff and I want to show you guys so you can compare them. Maybe you can tell me that pool really is not for me.

Martial arts
Pro
Fun
Something to do

Con
Nothing

Axe throwing
Pro
Fun
Something to do
Meet new people
Throw sharp object that can chop down a tree

Con
Expensive

POOL
Pro
Fun
Something to do to keep from being bored
Meet new people/ make friends

Con
Pool tables are cash only, some places only take quarters
Leagues are cash only
If not at pool hall the tables are bad, chipped balls, dead rails, uneven table, mismatched balls
Pool hall closed 1 or 2 days a week and closes early if not busy
League members are old not many young people
APA pay twice if play twice
Declining in popularity
Some places have loud music “might play there”
I was told VNEA is serious and not a just for fun league

Thoughts.?
Thankks

I have gotten rid of all my pool stuff and am now doing cup stacking.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have gotten rid of all my pool stuff and am now doing cup stacking.

I am sure if I did cup stack one of the con's would be its all kids. But anywho I have done cup stacking before, Just ran into the South Dakota wall I call it. Where no one else I knew did it. And I even googled recently and a once a year tournament a few hours away from me is all I could find. I would like to give this a try again and also speed cubing.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Axe throwing costs 30 dollars per person per hour. For an 8 week league you pay a one time fee of 150 dollars and then 10 dollars every time you go to leagues.

As far as injury I would say it is more of an honor thing that a negative. I punch trees and do other conditioning things.

So here is an experiment. Take your keys and your wallet and anything else you carry out of your pants and just put your phone in your pants pocket. Walk around your house for a few hours and feel the difference.

In my opinion it just makes life easier. No more needing exact change. If all I have is 30 dollars in cash I have to add how much a bill will be in my head like when I go to restaurant. With a card I don't have to. If my bill comes to 31 dollars I can just pay with a card.

No more carrying around things I very rarely need. If I get asked for spare change from a homeless person I can tell them the truth and say I don't have any. If I get mugged I can turn off my phone from a computer or another phone. No lost money. No lost data or anything. My phone will be a paper weight.

Just some of the reasons Why I like cards and such.

Punch tress???? What did the tree ever do to you to deserve this behavior????
As far as carrying around my phone instead of other stuff Im thinking the phone is more cumbersome than what is in my pocket. My wallet stays in my car with my keys (most of the time) so all I have in my pocket is paper money (which I find comforting, especially when its a rather thick stack) unless I have my phone too.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Punch tress???? What did the tree ever do to you to deserve this behavior????
As far as carrying around my phone instead of other stuff Im thinking the phone is more cumbersome than what is in my pocket. My wallet stays in my car with my keys (most of the time) so all I have in my pocket is paper money (which I find comforting, especially when its a rather thick stack) unless I have my phone too.

So it is a conditioning thing. Your bones are made of a honeycomb structure. And when you repeatedly hit stuff with them it breaks this structure down and it grows back stronger.

Just thought i would share what is happening and why I do it.