Help our junior players!

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Just a heads up to those forum members interested in promoting the future of our sport. We have 9 junior players qualified for the Junior World Championships to be held in Shanghai in November - probably 4 of those players are capable of winning it.

While these junior players have qualified, they receive no financial support to make the long, expensive trip. Check out the AZB headline at:

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/sto...can-juniors-for-world-championships-in-china/

Jeanette Lee and her Black Widow foundation are helping with the fundraising. I hope everyone will at least consider a donation - large or small. You can make tax-deductible donations through the foundation at www.blackwidowfoundation.org

Every penny of your donation will be used for the expenses of the junior players. These kids are the future of pool in America - thanks for donating!

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a great partnership as Jeanette has always been passionate about helping young pool players. Please consider being part of this and help spread the word!

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
This is a great partnership as Jeanette has always been passionate about helping young pool players. Please consider being part of this and help spread the word!

Thanks for the sentiment. We have less than 2 months to raise the funds....ALL donations appreciated no matter the size.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

SMG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone get a hold of Joe Rogan who also plays pool. He's friends with Dana White. I'm sure Mr. White has enough coin to send these kids over in style.

Also, isn't there a Kickstarter type deal that could reach a broader audience?

Edit: Broader audience outside of pool I mean. Obviously the Blackwidow foundation is a good start.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
If not already done, it might help create interest if you publish some info about the 9 qualified players. I tripped over the article in the below link about a local player that I had no idea about. Based on this I'll be making a donation.

http://www.registerstar.com/sports/article_ebb4ef26-3a33-11e4-922f-2feded5b3cf3.html

Thanks for the link. I think that these kids are YOUNG, and have little biographical info available other than age and place of residence. The Billiard
Education Foundation is our source of info on these players; not sure what is privileged info and what is not.

Also thanks for your interest - I hope everyone feels free to spread the news via social media....can't hurt.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on people...if everyone on here pledged just $5, it would fund all 9 kids getting to China to compete. Even if you, and ONE other person you know, made a small donation it would add up to thousands, with just a few hundred posters! I'm in...how about YOU? :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
So far donations have been small.

Jeanette Lee's Black Widow Foundation has donated $2,000....I hope you will all consider donating. These kids are the future of our sport. Thanks.

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
So far donations have been small.

Jeanette Lee's Black Widow Foundation has donated $2,000....I hope you will all consider donating. These kids are the future of our sport. Thanks.

For any one who orders a new Viking cue from me, between now and November 4, 2014, values below, I will donate to these young players.

$250 - $499 = $25 donation
$500 - $749 = $50 donation
$750 & up = $100 donation

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Just a heads up to those forum members interested in promoting the future of our sport. We have 9 junior players qualified for the Junior World Championships to be held in Shanghai in November - probably 4 of those players are capable of winning it.

While these junior players have qualified, they receive no financial support to make the long, expensive trip. Check out the AZB headline at:

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/sto...can-juniors-for-world-championships-in-china/

Jeanette Lee and her Black Widow foundation are helping with the fundraising. I hope everyone will at least consider a donation - large or small. You can make tax-deductible donations through the foundation at www.blackwidowfoundation.org

Every penny of your donation will be used for the expenses of the junior players. These kids are the future of pool in America - thanks for donating!

Give me an address and will mail them some Russian Magic Chalk..... the name alone might put some fear into their Chinese opponents ;) and yes, I'm serious..... I will send plenty for all nine players if you can PM an address to someone who can get it to them....Heck, if they don't like it tell them to sell it, and keep the cash. RJ

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pp address

i cant seem to pay anyone following a paypal link but i think i can if i just get the PP address-can someone list it please? Thanks

NM- i actually called Paypal and got a human- Everything is fixed.

Last edited:

hsbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only two weeks to go. The juniors Team U.S.A. needs your support. Contact Samm at the BEF or Jeanette Lee's Foundation to financially help in any way possible. We know times are tough. Donate whatever you can. This is for the future of our sport that we all love.

hsbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you JC.! That's what will get billiards growing.

It is people like you and others who see junior billiards as a worthy cause and donate. These sincere donations will seriously grow this sport with the next generation of billiard enthusiast. EVERYONE wins.

The entire billiard industry needs to wake up and realize that junior programs need to be QUICKLY ramped up in the U.S. or we will lose competitiveness in international events and billiards will slowly lose recreational market share with other games and activities that people can now enjoy.

Contact Samm Diep-Vidal at www.billiardeducation.org on how YOU CAN help.

Any donation, idea, support is sincerely appreciated not just by the BEF but all the future junior players that will enjoy a new sport they never knew was so much fun and challenging.

Go Team U.S.A. Juniors
Earl Munson