Brunswick Anniversary

thefury24

Registered
Looking to buy this Anniversary. See the middle slate. I assume the white spots are repair? Big deal? Also in the other photo, it seems the wood had chipped. Easy repair?

Attachments

• 116487753_373622910285169_3152534032511273930_n.jpg
    116487753_373622910285169_3152534032511273930_n.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 488
  • 116872937_603245997286763_3328406920906214907_n.jpg
    116872937_603245997286763_3328406920906214907_n.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 479

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slate doesn’t look that bad from what I can tell, but the one corner casting is a mismatch. It’s a casting for a Sport King, or Sportsman. I think I’d steer clear of this one.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can redo their repair with Bondo if needed.

You can find replacement parts.

If the price is right... Get it...

I got one and striped, stained and refinished it.
You can polish all the aluminum to a nice shine.

thefury24

Registered
Attaching other photos. Seller is asking $1000 but says negotiable. Was thinking of offering $800. No indication of year and he says he doesn't have the hardware to put together. Is that hard to source?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 432
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 431
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 434
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 425
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 424

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be quite a project in my opinion. There are no pics of the rail caps, although I can see the edges and they look to be formica caps. It basically needs restoration (very expensive to do it right). It's always a crap shoot when buying a table that is not assembled. Hardware missing? Yikes, not a big deal if it's just rail bolts and nuts, but if figure 8 nut plates, and/or pocket attachment irons then kind of expensive to source. Classic Billiards sells the figure 8s for 17 bucks a piece, just to give you an idea of parts cost. The corner pocket castings are not cheap either, if they even have them. I have seen them listed on ebay for 250 bucks a piece. Something as basic as the rake holder goes for crazy money. New blinds are probably not cheap either, and it looks like you will need at least one of the long ones. Pocket inserts look like the original maroon ones, worth some money if they are still good. If you need rail work/ overhaul, which is likely, that will probably be 1200 bucks. It's basically a parts table in my opinion and it needs to be priced as such.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you set on an Anniversary? Or you just want a well playing commercial table? If the latter, you can probably find a Gold Crown for 1000 that is complete.

If you are set on an Anniversary table, and want a project, well this is it:) It looks like nothing has been touched in that room for 20 years. I'd tell the seller you'll give him 250 as is and haul away his trash for him.

thefury24

Registered
Are you set on an Anniversary? Or you just want a well playing commercial table? If the latter, you can probably find a Gold Crown for 1000 that is complete.

If you are set on an Anniversary table, and want a project, well this is it:) It looks like nothing has been touched in that room for 20 years. I'd tell the seller you'll give him 250 as is and haul away his trash for him.

I'm not set on an Anniversary. I'm trying to keep myself patient. I've missed out on 2 Gold Crowns in the $1000-$1200 range in my 'area' (1-2 state away range). Got to the seller just after they had solid offers. So, frustratingly, I'm looking at other models that are currently available, because no Gold Crowns (at the moment). I suppose I should just keep waiting.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't buy that Anniversary; wrong castings, busted apron. There are much better tables out there. Keep searching.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd pass on that unless you have the ability to restore and want the project. Looks like junk and a headache. You might regret buying that.

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also consider the cushions. They don't make a profile that fits your subrail anymore. That leaves you with the options of installing a cushion that will adversely affect how the ball comes off the rail, or recalibrating the rails. It can all be done, resulting in a nice table, but you are going to spend several times the asking price of the table and quite a bit of time. Good luck with your decision.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not set on an Anniversary.... I suppose I should just keep waiting.

Yes, keep waiting.

A- one who is asking what you are probably isn't well-positioned to take on a project with as many potential ruiners as that hunk of pieces might have in store.

2: If you want to play pool at home, the table you asked about aint the way there.