Is this a Runde Schon, and is it worth the asking price?

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine is selling this Schon for $400. I don't know much about these cues, but I was under the impression that Runde Schon cues are supposed to have sharp points...the point in the pic looks like CNC. He says it's an 'R' series, not entirely sure what that means (Runde?).

He says it was made somewhere from 1982-1984, he isn't sure. Also, it looks kinda beat up. I want to know if this is worth buying, and if anyone knows a rough estimate of how much it would cost to get it restored. I'd appreciate any advice I can get, thanks.

Here are the pics he sent me (sorry wasn't able to edit the size of them):

Attachments

• schon1.jpg
    schon1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 524
  • schon2.jpg
    schon2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 525
  • schon3.jpg
    schon3.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 530

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Runde (Bob) was a partner and builder of Schon cues. However, saying Runde Schon is not accurate. When that is said.. Oh I have Runde Schon, most people immediately think that the cue is constructed via spliced prongs. Yours maybe Runde era, but in this case, since its clearly a flat bottom point, it would have no meaning. IMHO..

As far as a refinish, Ryan (Rat Cues) or Scott Sherbine, (Proficient) both will do excellent jobs on the work.

JV

A friend of mine is selling this Schon for $400. I don't know much about these cues, but I was under the impression that Runde Schon cues are supposed to have sharp points...the point in the pic looks like CNC. He says it's an 'R' series, not entirely sure what that means (Runde?).

He says it was made somewhere from 1982-1984, he isn't sure. Also, it looks kinda beat up. I want to know if this is worth buying, and if anyone knows a rough estimate of how much it would cost to get it restored. I'd appreciate any advice I can get, thanks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

$400 is too high, imo, for that model in that condition. If you look around you'll find FAR nicer Schons for not a lot more money. Check out "Schon Cue Collectors" on FB. There's usually some good deals there.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
send it back to schon for a refinish
i think it is worth the money

especially if it is a runde one
r series