Important VISUALS info for CTE PRO ONE

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You have the annoying habit of putting words into people's mouths. I never bragged about getting banned.

No, you didn't brag about getting banned. You did BRAG about only being BANNED for 12 hours to Cookie.

Originally Posted by cookie man View Post

Banned for two days?

YOU:
12 hours to be exact, but the point has been made.

Dan White

I never said I had any kind of relationship with the moderators. I never thought or did plenty of other things you accuse me of.

No again and correct. You never SAID you had any kind of relationship with the moderators.

However, you some how or another had Wilson working behind the scenes trying to ferret out whether Stan and Low500 was the same person. What strings did you pull to get that done if it wasn't involving something more intimate than what most any of us would be able to request and have done?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Both of you need to drop this once and for all.

Very long term bans are in the cards for either one of you if you keep this up.

Mike

Thank you from me also for saying "BOTH OF YOU".

It's DROPPED on my part. I didn't see your post before I made the previous one.

MalibuMike

Banned
Ummm Does CTE work?

Does CTE really work?
I think I am doing a form of it, I line up the outside edges on slight cuts and pivot, then at a certain point... I line up the edge of my cue ball with the middle of the OB and Pivot & for extreme cuts I line up both edges and pivot center...
I have had some luck with this and would like to learn more, without drama!
And would this apply to bar boxes as well as 8' & 9' tables?
Also are there any recommended visuals?
Is there a way to perform this without the Pivot which sometimes interferes with my stance. Is that what CTE Pro is?

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ummm Does CTE work?

Does CTE really work?
I think I am doing a form of it, I line up the outside edges on slight cuts and pivot, then at a certain point... I line up the edge of my cue ball with the middle of the OB and Pivot & for extreme cuts I line up both edges and pivot center...
I have had some luck with this and would like to learn more, without drama!
And would this apply to bar boxes as well as 8' & 9' tables?
Also are there any recommended visuals?
Is there a way to perform this without the Pivot which sometimes interferes with my stance. Is that what CTE Pro is?
Take a look at this site; a lot of info on CTE. Offset and Pivot Aiming Systems
Most of the time I use Pro One perceptions while standing. This gives me my initial aim point to place my bridge hand and then I perform a manual pivot. I drop down to Edge of cueball to A,B,C ect. than pivot to center of cueball to edge of object ball. If that makes sense. I don't use A B C per-say, I use numbers 15, 30, 45 from either side to designate the angle to pocket. Super thin cuts are Edge of Cue ball to Edge of Object ball.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Take a look at this site; a lot of info on CTE. Offset and Pivot Aiming Systems
Most of the time I use Pro One perceptions while standing. This gives me my initial aim point to place my bridge hand and then I perform a manual pivot. I drop down to Edge of cueball to A,B,C ect. than pivot to center of cueball to edge of object ball.
No matter where you start, ending up with "center of cueball to edge of object ball" will always be a half ball (30-degree) cut angle. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to say every cut is 30 degrees... but that's what you said.

pj
chgo

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
No matter where you start, ending up with "center of cueball to edge of object ball" will always be a half ball (30-degree) cut angle. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to say every cut is 30 degrees... but that's what you said.

pj
chgo
That's the final movement for basic CTE, and Pro One except for english compensation. I mainly use BHE, so, it's easily added to the shot. Why it works, I don't know; I've been using it in some form since '07.
Have you looked at the site I posted? That man explains CTE as well as anybody out there.
Offset and Pivot Aiming Systems

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the final movement for basic CTE, and Pro One except for english compensation. I mainly use BHE, so, it's easily added to the shot. Why it works, I don't know; I've been using it in some form since '07.
Have you looked at the site I posted? That man explains CTE as well as anybody out there.
I think that's Monty Ohrt's site (sp?). Thorough, but suffers from the same fate as every other pivot system. For some shots that happen to be lined up to the visuals the ball will be pocketed. For many other shots the system can only get you in the neighborhood of the pocket. The player has to make the little adjustments to pocket the ball, which is based on experience and makes pivot aiming no different from any other. This is why most users of pivot aiming say it takes months to get it right. It takes that long for your subconscious to learn how to override the pivot instructions with the goal of pocketing the ball, not the goal of performing the pivot instructions accurately. IOW, you can perform the pivot system perfectly and miss a lot of balls, or you can learn to fudge it and start making all those missed balls.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think that's Monty Ohrt's site (sp?). Thorough, but suffers from the same fate as every other pivot system. For some shots that happen to be lined up to the visuals the ball will be pocketed. For many other shots the system can only get you in the neighborhood of the pocket. The player has to make the little adjustments to pocket the ball, which is based on experience and makes pivot aiming no different from any other. This is why most users of pivot aiming say it takes months to get it right. It takes that long for your subconscious to learn how to override the pivot instructions with the goal of pocketing the ball, not the goal of performing the pivot instructions accurately. IOW, you can perform the pivot system perfectly and miss a lot of balls, or you can learn to fudge it and start making all those missed balls.
To fudge or not to fudge, that is the question. How did you come to this conclusion with out using the system?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I drop down to Edge of cueball to A,B,C ect. than pivot to center of cueball to edge of object ball.
That's the final movement for basic CTE
As I understand it (as a non-user), the final movement for basic CTE is the manual pivot from your "perception" of "center cue ball" to the final aim line. Center-to-edge is just a visual reference line to use with the edge-to-A/B/C line in order to find the correct "perception" for the shot.
Why it works, I don't know
How aiming systems work is an unending topic of energetic discussion here - especially regarding CTE. The good news is it's not essential to see CTE as anybody else does in order for it to "work" for you - but talking about it may seem like speaking different languages.
Yes, Monty and I are acquainted through years of trying to discuss CTE in different languages.

pj
chgo

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
As I understand it (as a non-user), the final movement for basic CTE is the manual pivot from your "perception" of "center cue ball" to the final aim line. Center-to-edge is just a visual reference line to use with the edge-to-A/B/C line in order to find the correct "perception" for the shot.
The initial part of the "perception" is the alignment of the cue ferrule edge to the edge of the cue ball(which could be either side depending on where the shot is going) these are also aligned with the line/spot(A B C) on the object ball determined by the angular path it has to travel to the pocket. From this position is where you pivot to the center of the cue ball to the other edge of object ball alignment. CTE is two aim points combined by the pivot to arrive at a solution. As with anything, it does take time and effort to become comfortable using this system. You really should look at Monty's site he has graphics that help to explain the procedure better than I can. Plus the fact that I'm a poor typist and this is really a pain in the azz for me to have to communicate like this:alien:
How aiming systems work is an unending topic of energetic discussion here - especially regarding CTE. The good news is it's not essential to see CTE as anybody else does in order for it to "work" for you - but talking about it may seem like speaking different languages.

Yes, Monty and I are acquainted through years of trying to discuss CTE in different languages.

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The initial part of the "perception" is the alignment of the cue ferrule edge to the edge of the cue ball(which could be either side depending on where the shot is going) these are also aligned with the line/spot(A B C) on the object ball determined by the angular path it has to travel to the pocket. From this position is where you pivot to the center of the cue ball to the other edge of object ball alignment. CTE is two aim points combined by the pivot to arrive at a solution. As with anything, it does take time and effort to become comfortable using this system. You really should look at Monty's site he has graphics that help to explain the procedure better than I can. Plus the fact that I'm a poor typist and this is really a pain in the azz for me to have to communicate like this:alien:
There are as many descriptions of how CTE works as there are CTE users - it's like the instructions adapt to the player. I suppose this is true for every aiming system to some degree - part of "how they work".

pj
chgo

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That page states perfect eye positioning as a specification. Pool doesn't care what you see. It only responds to what your stick hits. And as with the tools that make the stick, all there in front of you for the calibration. (CTE'd the profundity ETC...) ...

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To fudge or not to fudge, that is the question. How did you come to this conclusion with out using the system?
On the contrary, I came to that conclusion by using the system and then applying common sense. I'm not suggesting you stop using it, of course. If it works for you more power to you. Many users, such as yourself, say you don't understand how it works. Others in this forum have a pretty good idea based on science that it does not work as stated. It's a bit odd to suggest we are wrong when you have already said you have no idea how it works. Best to leave it at that, or feel free to have the last word if you want it.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Simple logic says no system can precisely define all aiming solutions needed for pool. You don’t even have to play pool to know that - you just have to be capable of simple logic.

pj
chgo

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple logic tells me "It's where the stick is pointed (dumshit)" So after years of fading that demeaning dribble I got down to address that problem. I come to the junction (far from a conclusion) that if you take the incremental guessing [fractions for instance (CTE for the less ambitious)] and put the calculation into shot alignment; and this includes the shooter, you get better results quicker. Many may already have "perfect shot mechanics" and prefer to wrestle with loftier concepts (learning more and more about less and less until blah blah...) well TS. If stuff don't work, your duwing it rong.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Simple logic tells me "It's where the stick is pointed (dumshit)" So after years of fading that demeaning dribble I got down to address that problem. I come to the junction (far from a conclusion) that if you take the incremental guessing [fractions for instance (CTE for the less ambitious)] and put the calculation into shot alignment; and this includes the shooter, you get better results quicker. Many may already have "perfect shot mechanics" and prefer to wrestle with loftier concepts (learning more and more about less and less until blah blah...) well TS. If stuff don't work, your duwing it rong.
If you're trying to say (it's hard to tell) that systems can be useful even if they involve estimation... of course that's true. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many of them.

pj
chgo

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah, I'm a hair more sarcastic than that. You could probably gel it down to the player is what's wrong in the first place. And then the issue gets sidetracked by the systems that offer convenience instead. That's the logic I come up with.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

pj
chgo

I speak English. An important part of pool playing ;)

Let’s try to clarify what you just stated. Stan says in this very thread, and has always said the same things : “CTE is a visual system” and “The target is CCB”. So the final movement is... CCB. Once you are on the 2-line perception, look at CCB. That is your target. That is your aim line. There is no fidgeting from there to find the aim-line. You already have it. You can choose to go there by a manual pivot or visual sweep. The manual pivots are a means to an end, and great for checking shots. Anyways, the book and truth series are now imminent, maybe that is the final movement ;)