Anyone recognize this table???

TheTablePro

Silver Member
Ran into this table last week and it's the second time since I've been working on tables that I got stumped. Ultimately, I walked away from it but told the owner I'd post for possible info here. He got it used 10 years ago and brought it into his basement by a forklift. It's not even a full 7' table and inside dimensions are 36.5" x 75". Our problem was getting it apart to start a recover. The under side has 5 metal bars and you can see the screws on each end that attach the rails. We couldn't even get to them because that wood return was in the way. There were no screws but appeared to be stapled and glued in place.

The diamonds are nothing more then decorative tacks. The screws you can see on the side should allow the side panels to drop to get access to the metal bar screws but, did not because of the design of the frame wouldn't allow them to drop. It looks like a miniature Brunswick Gibson at a distance but obviously not.

ANYONE seen one of these???? No indication of a brand name but there was a blank sticker like a vender who may have sold it. Thanks for any help!

Robin

20161007_092752.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20161007_092810.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20161007_092801.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20161007_092850.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20161007_092857.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

It's a budget table.
I'll post of pic of the type of rail anchor bolt they most likely used in that table.

Feel around up in the ball box for rail anchors, remove bottom of ball box. you might have to remove the foot apron.

Rail assembly could be held in with twist blocks.

Rob.M

Last edited:

TheTablePro

Silver Member
Rails are actually attached by screws at the ends of those steel bars underneath but, there is no access unless you literally break the ball return apart. The cushions appear to be U23's without taking the cloth off. The skirts do not drop down when those screws you can see are removed. It's really the strangest thing I've run into and yet it's not that bad of a "looking" table. It's just engineered all wrong!!!

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
wow memories about 2000 i did a table like that had to remove/break down ball return to figure how to work on it. I remember what a pain it was underneath looks the same but one i had top looked in worse and cheaper condition.