Where's Glen Hancock (Therealkingcobra)?!?

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Funny reading this, a good friend of mine has been out table parts and cash to this table mechanic for at least 5 years, always "this, that and a promise" when he is able to get a hold of him...bad business practices

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny reading this, a good friend of mine has been out table parts and cash to this table mechanic for at least 5 years, always "this, that and a promise" when he is able to get a hold of him...bad business practices

The same mechanic, Realkingcobra, or someone else?

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing Speedy, I heard the same thing from the guy that did my GC nine or ten years ago.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Nice looking tables Trent! I certainly trust you enough to
hire you for whatever job I need done. I understand folks not meeting deadlines, we all
deal with that. Stuff happens, reasonable people are not bothered by that, but In this particular
case communication completely broke down...not cool at all.

One suggestion/thought that might help with the table down time from extensive rail work.
Why can't mechanics offer a rail exchange instead of the lengthly process of restoring original rails?
Aren't there enough rails out there to accumulate a few extras to start the process rolling where rails
can be restored ahead of time at the mechanics leisure without the pressure of deadlines?
Maybe restored blanks where 90% of the work is complete with only sub rails needing to be
cut to customers needs and cloth color of course?

Another option for the customers that don't mind spending a little extra, what about just having
an extra set of rails made? and then it really doesn't matter how long it takes for rail work, you
have an operational table all the time. Having an extra set also gives you the flexibility of having
different specs, maybe one set pro-cut, and the other set with stock specs...and if you ever want
to sell, it should make the appeal to a larger group of potential buyers.

Thanks for the support Lawnboy!!! Outside of a small deposit to hold a specific table, I make it a
point to not take anyone's money until we have a contract that clearly spells out our entire agreement
and I can actually START the project. I am not perfect and have gotten off schedule a little, but, I am
talking a couple days/ maybe a week. The key to this is communication with the client. Keeping them
updated is a responsibility that I take very seriously.

As for having extra sets of rails: when dealing with an antique table, original parts mean everything,
so replacing them with reproductions to most clients is not an option. I don't have any "extra sets" of
rails laying around and if I do it is because they are not in rebuildable condition,example: formica
Anniversary rails are worthless to me besides any parts I can salvage from them.

I personally do not do rail rebuilds and I contract Jack Zimmerman for all of those types of jobs. He is
reliable, his prices are respectable, he is a complete gentleman and a man of his word. He has never
given me the run around or been late. It does take some coordinating with him schedule wise to make
sure he has the time to do it within the scheduling in my contract with my client.

It saddens me to hear about these people who get screwed over. Whether it was a table mechanic or
cue maker, it just sucks for the person who lost their hard earned money. Example I am currently dealing
with: A Cuemaker from my home town Toledo recently passed away. A local player had 2 Cuetec Cynergy
shafts on order with the guy and never got them OR his money back. A mutual friend linked us up and since
I am a Cuetec Dealer I am going to give them to him for cost to help his situation.

The pool community in my town is very TIGHT. We all know each other and look out for one another.
I am the mechanic for all 3 pool rooms and my reputation is very important to me in our pool scene.
The pool community in the USA is also very tight knit and my reputation is good with every wholesaler/
equipment manufacturer and my clients across the country.

I may come across a bit harsh or brash, but, my reputation precedes me and always will be at the core
of my business. I have quite a few clients who are members here and have NEVER had anyone get on
here complaining about me or my work.

This site has a TON of GREAT people on it and also a small number of A$$holes on it and I just don't
put up with their bull$hit. I try to avoid conflict on here as much as possible, shit happens. Thanks to all
who support me and even to all the haters!!! 8 Years in business and it keeps growing every year because
I work hard and make my clients happy.

TFT

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By and large Trent is one of the good guys. He has years of a good reputation built up that he is destroying in this thread defending a friend that can't and won't defend himself.

Nothing wrong with defending his friend but Trent is losing a lot of respect by the manner he is referring to others. I first came to AZB to help build a pool related business myself. I was nice, polite, courteous, didn't make waves. Only after I realized this wasn't a place to build my business could I be my normal obnoxious self when dealing with assholes that deserved it.

Trent, you would do both your friend and yourself a far better service keeping your language professional. I have to admit that my impression of you has fell a few notches after what I read the other night. Not likely to matter in my business dealings but if someone else asks me about you, you wouldn't get quite the same ringing endorsement you would have gotten before this thread.

Speaking to all, I'd bet pretty large that glen no longer has the rails or has badly damaged them one way or another if I had any way to prove the rails were or were not the same.

Many years ago I pointed out the ridiculousness of glen's giant ego and phony image. Does it not strike anyone else as peculiar and odd that someone would call themselves "the real king cobra" and then use a picture of a ceramic cobra as an avatar? With anyone else I would consider it self depreciating humor, glen's posts over the years leave me to to suspect in glen's case it isn't. Kinda leaves glen hung out to dry with every post he makes.

Trent is one more of the good guys we have seen over the years drug down in defense of a friend that can't be defended. His blatant and continuing violations of the ROE deserves a warning at the least and he is heading towards a ban while glen hides in a closet somewhere. That would be a loss for both Trent and the forum. In Ron's shoes I have to admit that Trent has probably burned bridges regardless of how justified he feels. I sincerely hope he doesn't burn bridges with other posters and potential customers.

Hu

Well said Hu!

It's what I trying to convey in my post on page 26 of this thread. Sadly Trent missed the point by posting a bunch of photos of his work. The issue of this entire tread has been about honest business practice and the character of the businessman. If a mistake happened, make it right! Simple! Never did I discredit Trent or Glen's workmanship.

Now that I see how Trent has responded to me in this thread and another thread a few weeks ago, both which were started by consumers who got screwed by people in the "industry" I'm beginning to think Trent isn't as Richie Cunningham as he'd like us to think he is.

In the other thread, Trent took offense to me quoting him and pointing out the difference between the "industry genius" making everything right, and buying silence from the OP who got screwed! Trent claimed everyone was happy in the end and that's all that matters. Truth be told, maybe the OP wasn't happy about pulling his Yelp review of the thief, but did it so he could get his HARD EARNED MONEY back to feed his family. That would be a noble cause.

Read it for yourself everyone, Trent has already declared he's not worried about losing any business or referrals from consumers like us simpletons! He'll prove that with more shiny photos.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=506762

By the way Trent, don't think you're the only one getting greenies for what you believe.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I'm beginning to think Trent isn't as Richie Cunningham as he'd like us to think he is.

Read it for yourself everyone, Trent has already declared he's not worried about losing any business or referrals from consumers like us simpletons! He'll prove that with more shiny photos.

1. PROVE IT.

2. Not the least concerned about losing business or referrals.

3. I don't need anything from you.

TFT

PS. Here are some more awesome pics!

Attachments

• 00j0j_eWg8Qaa9CQL_1200x900.jpg
    00j0j_eWg8Qaa9CQL_1200x900.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 480
  • 866eb23476e3aec61a38db2c2c3e72ff4c0324b1-1.jpg
    866eb23476e3aec61a38db2c2c3e72ff4c0324b1-1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 488
  • paul s philly.jpg
    paul s philly.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 492
  • e725847354edcf17e19cb1689c1459c45941eab9-1.jpg
    e725847354edcf17e19cb1689c1459c45941eab9-1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RailBird,

Richie Cunningham, that's funny. More like Eddie Haskell. "Gee, Mrs. Cleaver, your kitchen always looks so clean."

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Well said Hu!

It's what I trying to convey in my post on page 26 of this thread. Sadly Trent missed the point by posting a bunch of photos of his work. The issue of this entire tread has been about honest business practice and the character of the businessman. If a mistake happened, make it right! Simple! Never did I discredit Trent or Glen's workmanship.

Now that I see how Trent has responded to me in this thread and another thread a few weeks ago, both which were started by consumers who got screwed by people in the "industry" I'm beginning to think Trent isn't as Richie Cunningham as he'd like us to think he is.

In the other thread, Trent took offense to me quoting him and pointing out the difference between the "industry genius" making everything right, and buying silence from the OP who got screwed! Trent claimed everyone was happy in the end and that's all that matters. Truth be told, maybe the OP wasn't happy about pulling his Yelp review of the thief, but did it so he could get his HARD EARNED MONEY back to feed his family. That would be a noble cause.

By the way Trent, don't think you're the only one getting greenies for what you believe.

Are you in 3rd grade?

Are you just gonna follow Trent around trying to make him look bad? You should probably put that shovel down

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I did read

Well said Hu!

Let me be clear, I don't know you or Trent. I have read a lot more of Trent's posts both because he seems to be level headed the vast majority of times and he puts out quality information. Aside from that, yeah, I like the pool table eye candy beautiful work!

Reading that thread, you were definitely baiting Trent, he didn't rise to it. Also, the customer said the original installer offered the entire eleven hundred back, not just the cost of repairs. Had the customer just been changing a review for the cash he would have taken the full eleven hundred instead of the lesser amount. Obvious it wasn't about cash with the customer, it was about getting his table right.

I don't know why in the world you posted a link to that old thread. You harmed your case instead of bolstering it. People reading it aren't going to see things your way, or I don't believe they will.

Edit: No indication that Trent has treated consumers with anything but respect either.

Methinks you just fired a squib load.

Hu

Last edited:

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has moved away from how the OP got screwed by the snake to his alter boy posting his photos and telling anyone that doesn’t like him to fluck off cause he’s got plenty of business and doesn’t care this thread should be shut down the O P is getting new rails that’s great the maker of the new rails should get plenty of kudos and just move on now the same pattern will repeat for the next ten pages and everyone eating popcone in the mean time will sit back and laugh as I will cause I will get attached again for what I just said! LADIES it’s time to move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me be clear, I don't know you or Trent. I have read a lot more of Trent's posts both because he seems to be level headed the vast majority of times and he puts out quality information. Aside from that, yeah, I like the pool table eye candy beautiful work!

Reading that thread, you were definitely baiting Trent, he didn't rise to it. Also, the customer said the original installer offered the entire eleven hundred back, not just the cost of repairs. Had the customer just been changing a review for the cash he would have taken the full eleven hundred instead of the lesser amount. Obvious it wasn't about cash with the customer, it was about getting his table right.

I don't know why in the world you posted a link to that old thread. You harmed your case instead of bolstering it. People reading it aren't going to see things your way, or I don't believe they will.

Edit: No indication that Trent has treated consumers with anything but respect either.

Hu

Careful they might not know what a squib load is and talking about there sexuality!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good One!

Careful they might not know what a squib load is and talking about there sexuality!

When I genuinely laugh out loud I write it out not to be mistaken for the LOL anytime something is slightly funny.

I did laugh out loud! When you are right you are right!

Hu

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. PROVE IT.

2. Not the least concerned about losing business or referrals.

3. I don't need anything from you.

TFT

PS. Here are some more awesome pics!

Well, it didn't take you long for you to miss the point...again.

1. I don't need to prove anything, you're doing a fine job all by yourself.

2. If you're not concerned, why all the pics ?? Oh, that's right, you feel I'm criticizing your workmanship again, which I am not. It does seem odd that you have issues with people who don't care for thieves taking advantage of the people who trusted them?

3. I wasn't offering you anything.

PS. Thanks for the awesome pics, they don't have anything to do with this thread though, except to those who are missing the point...again.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
This has moved away from how the OP got screwed by the snake to his alter boy posting his photos and telling anyone that doesn’t like him to fluck off cause he’s got plenty of business and doesn’t care this thread should be shut down the O P is getting new rails that’s great the maker of the new rails should get plenty of kudos and just move on now the same pattern will repeat for the next ten pages and everyone eating popcone in the mean time will sit back and laugh as I will cause I will get attached again for what I just said! LADIES it’s time to move on

Is Travis Trotter back??? :thumbup:

Maniac

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member

You’ve posted to this thread 25 times.
You’re doing great! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Will Prout

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hu

Thank you for your reply. Believe it or not, I have always enjoyed Trent's posts too, and think his table work looks good. But I didn't bait him, I just didn't agree that someone correcting a lousy table setup only because they got a negative Yelp review is the same as correcting it because they were going to stand behind the work they had already been paid for.

I posted a link to that thread because it seemed odd that Trent acted like the guy made it right, so happy happy. When in fact the guy would have never made it right unless Yelp notified him that he had a negative review.
Then Trent flames someone over here because they suggest that Glen has never helped anyone. Why does he defend people like that?

As far as posting a link from another thread over here harming my case, so be it. My case in both threads is the same, I don't think it's right to screw people out of their hard earned money just because they trusted someone and believed they were professionals. Nor do I think anyone should defend people like that.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Is there gonna be a prize for the most posts?

LOL
I just got a chuckle when the guy who says, “LADIES it’s time to move on.” has
25 posts......no, no one will be getting a prize in this thread except the Rails man.

Will Prout