Odega tip

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I am just taking a shot in the dark here but doesn't the logo side go down on most tips? I haven't ever installed one myself so I am not positive.

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not bieng a sa most manufactures will answer that by email, they want too keep u as a customer

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby deals with Odega tips. If you are unsure, give them a call and they could tell you.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
That is what I was thinking as well.
Thanks for the response.

If I may, where did you get your Odega tip from? I only know Summit cues having them. Anyone else? Did a search but came up with merely just a FB profile.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contacts

If I may, where did you get your Odega tip from? I only know Summit cues having them. Anyone else? Did a search but came up with merely just a FB profile.

You can contact Marc Oelslager who replied earlier, he might have some or Contact Wade Odegard, the developer of the tip, ODEGA, on here. just pm him

Both from the Fargo area and great guys.

Only tip I use for my jump/break cues

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He doesn't have any distributors in Canada. Where do you live at there. Samsara and odega same price here, $20. Maybe save you some on shipping

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I can't help generically wondering, if the tips are flat on both sides ... (no matter what brand) whats the difference if you're going to crown the top anyway?

Who knows, someone might post they "play" better upside down, then everyone would buy one and glue them upside down. :smile:

I always figured that after a light sanding, I'd opt for 100% contact between tip and stick. a small concave glazed imprint from a logo that doesn't sand out, doesn't sound so good to me either.

I use the Tiger Emerald tips, they have a letter D it looks like, I don't want that void / contact difference on the glued area although this is what they say to do. I make sure I sand it all the way out, or flip it.

RBC

Deceased
I can't help generically wondering, if the tips are flat on both sides ... (no matter what brand) whats the difference if you're going to crown the top anyway?

Who knows, someone might post they "play" better upside down, then everyone would buy one and glue them upside down. :smile:

I always figured that after a light sanding, I'd opt for 100% contact between tip and stick. a small concave glazed imprint from a logo that doesn't sand out, doesn't sound so good to me either.

I use the Tiger Emerald tips, they have a letter D it looks like, I don't want that void / contact difference on the glued area although this is what they say to do. I make sure I sand it all the way out, or flip it.

As far as I know, there are only a few tips that are different from top to bottom. Some, like the Everest we use with a colored layer, are obvious, but most are not.

The vast majority of tips, as far as I know, don't really have a glue side. I think they mark them that way just to reduce the phone calls asking which side is the glue side.

Royce

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can put a single tip in an envelope and send it regular letter mail for less than $2.00 shipping.

I buy from JOERACKEM all the time and postage to Canada for cue tips is dirt cheap.

If Wade makes the tips, why not keep a couple on hand?.

It's not like it's a pool cue or case, they're tiny little tips.

Because he doesn't want to deal with retail end of it

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk