Check out this draw shot!!!!!!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i never claimed to be a world champion, never said that that was a shitty shot, or that it was easy. simple statement " you will not do that on my table ".

i do not know everything about pool, but have played for over 65 years, played in league on a first place teams, in calif, az, missouri for the last 43 years, have played people like joe balsis, luther lassiter [ i did not beat them ] ,but i do know a bit about pool.

i build cues and i think the dumbest thing a player can do is bend the stick by digging the tip into the colth. i think on occasion everyone touches the cloth with the tip, but not while bending the stick 45 degrees.

if you want to see some english just watch some of the billiard tapes on you-tube, they DO NOT BEND THE STICK, and can get all kind of crazy english on the ball, and yes i know they do sometimes hit the cloth with the tip.

to the op, sorry if i offended you on your shot. i thought this was an open forum where one could post his honest opinion.

It doesn't hurt the stick.

It doesn't hurt the table.

So what exactly is the problem?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
i never claimed to be a world champion, never said that that was a shitty shot, or that it was easy. simple statement " you will not do that on my table ".

i do not know everything about pool, but have played for over 65 years, played in league on a first place teams, in calif, az, missouri for the last 43 years, have played people like joe balsis, luther lassiter [ i did not beat them ] ,but i do know a bit about pool.

i build cues and i think the dumbest thing a player can do is bend the stick by digging the tip into the colth. i think on occasion everyone touches the cloth with the tip, but not while bending the stick 45 degrees.

if you want to see some english just watch some of the billiard tapes on you-tube, they DO NOT BEND THE STICK, and can get all kind of crazy english on the ball, and yes i know they do sometimes hit the cloth with the tip.

to the op, sorry if i offended you on your shot. i thought this was an open forum where one could post his honest opinion.

Desi, my break shot looks just like his draw shot, and I'm hitting just a tad below center on the cue ball, and by OB break shaft looks like a banana when I'm breaking, but it's fine right after. I've had the cue for over 3 years, and my home table cloth is just fine.

If cloth can't take extreme shots or break shots, it's time to move up to Simonis ;)

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yep, and they also play on heated tables with different cloth and rails.

wwjdwithca

Registered
Great shot and I'd let him hit that shot on my table. I've made more marks on my cloth with poor break shots (that probably didn't even pocket any balls) than that shot would have left. Tables are meant to be played, just my $.02.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
beiberlvr

over the last 20 years i have replaced a dozen shafts that were broken by people bending their cue breaking like this, 4 of them i saw in person. so i guess it does damage cues.

when i had a bar box in my home i had a buddy that when he broke 9b he made that ' j ' shape mark on the table. we played a lot at my house. after a while i noticed that when i was slow rolling a ball diagonally across these marks the ball would deflect a bit. so it does damage the cloth.

i now have a 4 by 8 with simonis. we do not break like that here.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Maybe people damaged them on purpose to hear you complain about it. It might have been a source of entertainment to see you get all bent out of shape.

over the last 20 years i have replaced a dozen shafts that were broken by people bending their cue breaking like this, 4 of them i saw in person. so i guess it does damage cues.

when i had a bar box in my home i had a buddy that when he broke 9b he made that ' j ' shape mark on the table. we played a lot at my house. after a while i noticed that when i was slow rolling a ball diagonally across these marks the ball would deflect a bit. so it does damage the cloth.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Even if you are correct... who cares. You want even guess how many baseball bats I've broken over the last 45 years? During the last 25 years alone, I prob avg 2 to 3 broken bats a season at $75 each. Broke 2 in one game once.

Big deal. The bottom line, it's still sporting equipment, and a shaft is not an expensive fix. If folks can't afford to buy a new shaft, then those folks should play with a fiberglass Cueteck, problem solved :thumbup:

PS: It's a bad ass draw shot with shades of Earl ;) I tried it, and got three rails, but just lost all steam off the 3rd rail, and slowly limped just past the head string. Guess I gotta eat my Wheaties ;)

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if you are correct... who cares. You want even guess how many baseball bats I've broken over the last 45 years? During the last 25 years alone, I prob avg 2 to 3 broken bats a season at $75 each. Broke 2 in one game once.

Big deal. The bottom line, it's still sporting equipment, and a shaft is not an expensive fix. If folks can't afford to buy a new shaft, then those folks should play with a fiberglass Cueteck, problem solved :thumbup:

$75? You must be buying them in bulk to get that good of a price. Unless I'm buying clearance bats, I'm looking at at least a C note plus shipping. :(

I've shot this draw shot over the years. It's a crowd pleaser to watch the cue ball turn and grab a few rails! Nice stroke! :thumbup:

Best,
Mike

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
shoot that shot only one time on my table, digging the cue into the cloth like you did in the video, then i would politely ask you to leave.

please post video of the same shot, with out trying to destroy the cloth on the table. that shot can be made without ever to tip touching the cloth.

You're kidding, right? If that shot / stroke isn't allowed on your table, perhaps you're better off letting your wife sort washed clothes on it instead of playing pool.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
$75? You must be buying them in bulk to get that good of a price. Unless I'm buying clearance bats, I'm looking at at least a C note plus shipping. :(

I've shot this draw shot over the years. It's a crowd pleaser to watch the cue ball turn and grab a few rails! Nice stroke! :thumbup:

Best,
Mike

Yeah, I buy them locally, and our team all buys from him, so get a decent price for very good bats.

Even at a C-note, you break 2 and it's the same as a shaft for pool. And I've never seen anyone break a shaft. I know a few folks have done it, I've just never seen it happen. So, must not be common.ll

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I buy them locally, and our team all buys from him, so get a decent price for very good bats.

Even at a C-note, you break 2 and it's the same as a shaft for pool. And I've never seen anyone break a shaft. I know a few folks have done it, I've just never seen it happen. So, must not be common.ll

I broke a shaft on a McD hustler cue years ago. To be fair, the joint was nothing more than a screw inserted between two parts of a cue, cut in half.

I usually end up ordering Old Hickorys. I still have one I've been using for a few years. I probably jinxed it now, but it still hits good. :smile:

I paid about $140 for a Marucci and my kid took it to practice to see how it hit. You know the rest of the story. LOL

Best,
Mike

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I broke a shaft on a McD hustler cue years ago. To be fair, the joint was nothing more than a screw inserted between two parts of a cue, cut in half.

I usually end up ordering Old Hickorys. I still have one I've been using for a few years. I probably jinxed it now, but it still hits good. :smile:

I paid about $140 for a Marucci and my kid took it to practice to see how it hit. You know the rest of the story. LOL

Best,
Mike

Did you do it breaking or drawing a cue ball? And just one shaft in how many years of playing? next time, break the Moochie ;)

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
the circumstances under which this shot occurred make it great,,,, the shot itself..i know many including myself that can make that shot no problem. would I make it against Mika in the us open?.........not a chance in hell lol

The only reason you would not make it against Mika is because you don't care enough about pool to enter the event. Or you and Mika being friends you don't want to create hard feelings by popping that one in on him.

Don't embarass me or I am boiling a body part.

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damnit, now I'm gonna have to make that shot on table 11 (tight pocket) in that same poolroom while William videos it lol. Fricken awesome stroke Brian!

I also think that making such shots against pros in big events definitely causes extra pressure on you mentally. I don't think it has anything to do with you caring enough about pool to enter into a pro event or not. Everyone knows the difference between tournament play or with your friends is HUGE.

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
Emm's I hate him LOL

My boyfriend Brian has such an amazing power stroke! He definitely does things with the cue ball that I can't, but I make up for it in other ways lol. If only you could make a living playing pool in the US because he has the talent to be a Pro!

EMM'S I know about that type of stroke. :-(
I had (1) miss in the 4th game against him in the Tri-State in Clifton
Then he came out with strokes like that !!! LOL FU BRIAN Next time i'll try not to miss!