SVB wins World 14.1 Championship, finally gets world title.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
So when Shane snaps off the World 14.1 Dragon Promotions Steinway Billiards Straight Pool Championship, will he finally be considered as having a world title? Meesa thinks so.

So when Shane snaps off the World 14.1 Dragon Promotions Steinway Billiards Straight Pool Championship, will he finally be considered as having a world title? Meesa thinks so.

Darren just crushed him. Has an extra match now before going to single elim. He's not the favorite here, lol

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren is washed up, hasn't won anything since Chinese 8-Ball. FACTS!

So you're saying it's better to get spanked by a "washed up" guy? Clearly you've thought this tbru and have no bias. What the hell, I like Shane and I hope you're right.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Regardless of who wins it, I don't consider it a world championship. It doesn't have the prize money of a world event and therefore hasn't attracted all the world's top players (although obviously some of them are there).

Then again, I don't consider the CSI US Open events to be "US Opens" either.

That's just my view, with no disrespect to either Charlie or Mark for promoting the game and putting on these events.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Can someone tell me which day is the final

Ive asked all wekk and no one I'll say

pocketsplitter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't Shane's game, so there's no expectation that he will snap it off, though he's very good at it for someone who's only given it a few light years of practice. Also, I think this tournament has attracted all the world's top players. Unless I'm mistaken, USA is ground zero for straight pool, with very few proficient 14.1 players coming from elsewhere. I know, you'll say Toastie or Mika isn't american, but they live here and are regulars at this tourny so that's moot.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one can blame the OP if they read the title, and actually thought Shane won this 14.1 tournament.

This event isn't played on bar boxes.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the title was kinda cool....how could you not open the thread?

...kinda like a National Equirer title I saw at a supermarket checkout once...
...1950's airliner lands with skeletons aboard !!!

I did open the thread, with all the total BS back and forth that normally goes with it I decided to just say congrats. Then I decided to read a post or two. My bad, but yes title was misleading but still my bad. I'll learn........ someday....... mayne��